First time at Universal

CaseyK

Mouseketeer
We are coming to Anaheim for my daughter's cheer competition at the end of March. I have added some extra days on to our trip for extra time at Disney and I am thinking of doing one day at Universal. The last time I was at Universal was 15 years ago! My kids are 8 and 6 and I am wondering if one day is long enough? We would be doing the ticket/ transfer deal. So the bus picks us up at 9:00 in Anaheim and leaves Universal at 7:30. Is that enough time? Basically my kids want to do: Minion 3D, The Simpsons, Transformers, and Jurassic Park. Will we get on all of those? DS is a HUGE transformers fan- I read that the transformers characters are there- are they a meet and greet or walking in the park. Being such a newbie to Universal I am looking for info on characters, and time managment. We would be there mid week (Wednesday April 1).

Thanks for any help :)

Ouch, end of March is spring break and is around the time the new Springfield and Supercharge attractions are expected to open up.

I'm guessing the earliest you will get to the park will be 10:30-11am and the park being open since 8am. Going to be honest, its going to be difficult to do every thing you want to do. You may want to invest in a Front of Line Pass once you get to the park. The attractions you expressed interest in usually have wait times of 60mins+ on busy days.

The Transformers characters (Megatron, Optimus Prime, and Bumblebee) are meet and greet characters that talk and interact with you. They are VERY popular and usually have long waits.

In March, I think Universal usually opens around 9AM.

If you had older kids, I'd suggest single rider line, but I don't know what the age limit for that is these days. The Front of the Line pass may help you, but it's expensive.

I've done a solo trip and done everything you have on your list and then some in 1/2 a day even during peak season, but that's with getting there right at opening. Best advice I can give is to get there as early as humanly possible and prioritize what you really want to experience. And if you can, go on a weekday.

Can I also suggest you check out Waterworld? It's probably one of the best shows. And you have to go on the tram. No trip to Universal is complete otherwise, but it does add about an hour to your day as it's rather long.

As for the Transformers characters, I'd recommend asking an employee near the Transformers ride when they are scheduled for the day. It's not quite as organized as Disneyland's characters, but if you want a picture with them, it's best to get there right as they're coming out.

In March, I think Universal usually opens around 9AM.

If you had older kids, I'd suggest single rider line, but I don't know what the age limit for that is these days. The Front of the Line pass may help you, but it's expensive.

I've done a solo trip and done everything you have on your list and then some in 1/2 a day even during peak season, but that's with getting there right at opening. Best advice I can give is to get there as early as humanly possible and prioritize what you really want to experience. And if you can, go on a weekday.

Can I also suggest you check out Waterworld? It's probably one of the best shows. And you have to go on the tram. No trip to Universal is complete otherwise, but it does add about an hour to your day as it's rather long.

As for the Transformers characters, I'd recommend asking an employee near the Transformers ride when they are scheduled for the day. It's not quite as organized as Disneyland's characters, but if you want a picture with them, it's best to get there right as they're coming out.

Thank you!! I have arranged for a car service to pick us up at our hotel at 7:00 AM on the Wednesday are going and pick us up at park close at the end of the day. That way we are getting a full day :) I hope it will be enough to do what the kids want. I do want to do the tram- did it last in 1999!! and Waterworld. I enjoyed that one too.
Thanks again for the tips!!

One day at US is plenty of time to get to do the things that you want. We have been there twice in the last few years.....we always got there at park opening and we're always able to get all our must do's in without spending the entire day.

Thank you!! I have arranged for a car service to pick us up at our hotel at 7:00 AM on the Wednesday are going and pick us up at park close at the end of the day. That way we are getting a full day :) I hope it will be enough to do what the kids want. I do want to do the tram- did it last in 1999!! and Waterworld. I enjoyed that one too.
Thanks again for the tips!!

This is a wise move. Sure beats trying to drive in rush hour traffic.

One day was plenty when we went a couple of years ago. We didn't have front of the line passes either. I thought about it but October didn't seem to be a busy time.

Have fun

Geemo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter