First Time Applying

Tatiana Trevino

EarningMyEars
Howdy! I'm planning on applying for the DCP for Spring of 2016 and I had some questions about the interview process, spring advantage, roles, etc. and would very much appreciate some helpful advice/tips!

Thanks and Gig 'em!:smickey:

I did Fall Advantage 2013, and my advice leading up to the application process is definitely watch youtube vlogs on the different stages. Initial Application, Web Based Interview, and Phone Interview.

In terms of roles, it all depends on what you're interested in. (I myself, as others on here I'm sure can cover a pretty descriptive explanation of a number of the roles.) Read up on their descriptions as well by googling! I read so many random blogs on roles it was really helpful. Ultimately, only put roles you're definitely willing to do down, cause you can get any you express interest in.

Any specific questions though fire away!

Roll Tide!

what Are some of the advantages of the Spring Advantage? And where can I look to read the descriptions of the different roles? And I'll definitley be watching a lot of videos!:earsboy:

The DCP website actually got a lot better since last time I looked, so check this out first:
http://cp.disneycareers.com/en/program-components/earning/role-descriptions/

These are worth reading too, although a lot of info will be repetitive usually there's something new you'll learn:
http://onegirlonemouse.tumblr.com/dcproles
http://cousinorville.com/the-ultimate-guide-to-the-disney-college-program/
There's plenty more like those too! If you find a few roles you're specifically interested in, you can usually find people with good vlogs/blogs about a lot of details, with good and bad. Some less common roles it's a little harder to find, and your best bet may be to turn back here for someone who did do that role!

When I applied, I knew I just wanted to go so I put down every role with the exception of Costuming and Character Performer. (Also, no BBB as I'm a guy.) The more roles you put, in general the easier it should be to get accepted, but don't stress out about putting no interest in ones you really don't see yourself being happy doing.

In terms of Spring vs. Fall they aren't all that different. In general it's probably a little less crowded in the Spring so that is a plus! Also, Flower and Garden Festival, and Star Wars Weekends will take place during Spring. I'm sure you've figured out Advantage is a bit longer than normal Spring! It's a blast, so having the extra couple months with Advantage is totally worth it! If you're interested in Disneyland, their Spring program is essentially only Spring Advantage, as that runs Jan-Aug with no shorter option.

As a parent I have heard that on the online application it is important to be decisive. You have a better chance of making it to a phone interview if you have strong feelings. Also a good number of jobs are in quick service and merchandising.

Good luck

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter