First solo trip in jepordy

Discussion in 'Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers' started by FortForever, Mar 10, 2013.

1. FortForever

FortForever Disney since Day 1

I'm supposed to leave a week from today for my first solo trip to WDW.

Unfortunately, I was planning to use part of our tax refund to pay for the trip. With the delays for claiming the education credit, it looks like I may have to cancel.

I wish I could convince myself to put the trip on a credit card or take from emergency fund and pay it back when the refund comes. I just can't bring myself to do it for a Disney.

It's really disappointing, as this is likely the only free week I will have this year. I just don't trust tax refunds until I have the cash in my hand.

Anyone else with a Disney trip riding on their refund?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. spiceycat

spiceycat <font color=blue>Own at BWV, VWL and BLT<br><font

just put your tax refund in a savings account and use it the next time you get a free week.

are you going to school?

4. FortForever

I won't have another week this year. Maybe some three day weekends, but that's about it.

I am not in school, my youngest son is in college and I claim him.

5. runningjusme

runningjusme DW addict in training

CC it and pay it off when the refund comes.

enjoy yourself!

6. SYDNCLAIRESMOM

SYDNCLAIRESMOM curiouser and curiouser

I second put it on the CC. Im going on a solo trip (my first as well) in a few weeks and it took me years to convince myself that I deserve it. I'm a mom who always puts her family first and this year I decided to do myself a favor treat myself to my happy place MY way. YOLO! pixiedust:

7. AuroraRora

AuroraRora Princess

If I knew for sure the refund was coming, I'd CC it as well. No reason for you to miss out on the whole trip, and while there's a stigma of putting vacations on CC's, your situation is different. You just need some extra time to wait for your refund to come through, it's not like you're running up a ton of debt you have no way of paying for etc. If it were me, once the refund came, I'd regret not being on the trip.

8. FortForever

Thank you all for the encouragement. :grouphug:

Unfortunately, I canceled my reservations. I just don't trust the IRS. I know what they owe me, but I never count on anything until it happens. I've always gotten what they owe me in that past, although in 2011 it took six months due to some circumstances they were not prepared to handle.

Another deciding factor was that my DH and sons were trying to rearrange their schedules to come. I love them, but desperately wanted this time away alone.

Now I can tell everyone the trip is off. If I get my refund this week, I can't say I won't slip away alone at the last minute without giving anyone else time to get in the van with me. :thumbsup2