First return visit to these pages in 3 months!!

kevin harrison

DIS Veteran
Since I returned from my holiday to Orlando in September I haven't felt like visiting these pages, as I kind of get a sad feeling because I haven't got another trip planned, it kind of gets expensive......

Does anyone else feel like this or is it just me?

I felt like this too...After feeling blue for about a week, I started to get excited about other people going and people who had come back and written there trip reports. Its great reading them as it brings back such great memories. It will be a while till we go back as we are going to Australia for our next holiday :) But we will go back :)

Hi

I returned back in November. To be honest I am glued as ever. I am already nagging my dh what month are we going away in 2007, as we cant really afford to go next year as we will be spending on the house and garden just deorating the kids room, laminating floors, leather sofa so I cant afford it. Yes your right its expensive.

I definately have the post holiday blues and really need a disney fix and I just dont think we can afford to go earlier, even though I still look around for cheap villas and cheap flights I still can not manage to make the holiday less than 3,500 for a family of 5 so I guess I am going to have to wait till 2007. :0(

I think I'm going to be a bit like that, but I won't be able to stay away for too long because we're probably going to be getting married in WDW in just a few years :banana:

I think everybody feels the holiday blues, sometimes seeing everybody going off again can make it a bit worse..we have booked for next August and are fortunate to be able to go every year, so have that to look forward to and that helps..if we were not going back next year I may not be as active on these boards as I currently am.

I don't think the expensive fly-drive prices help, especially in the summer months when this is the only time a lot of people, us included, can go.

We went to WDW for the first time ever in December last year, it took us years to save the money to go due to marriage, mortgage and children and finally we were getting to go on our dream holiday for just over 3 weeks.

We were staying in the ASMo and everything was going great until the 22nd December when I thought I had a Migraine for 2 days but actually I had contracted Viral Meningitis. I was rushed to hospital and missed Christmas completely, I came out 5 days before returning home and it took me 2 days to get out of the wheelchair.

By the time we got back home I never wanted to go back to Florida and was completely turned off it but ... about 6 months later the bug had bitten again. I clearly have unfinished business and so we are going back again for 3 weeks in 2007. Now i'm obsessing about it and can't get enough of the boards and the websites.

I love reading all your comments and suggestions about Disney and your lives in general so don't despair, life is a challenge!! :badpc:

I felt the same after coming back from 3 weeks there in September. I now enjoy coming on here and reading all the trip reports and tips etc. We don't have another trip planned at present, but are toying with the idea of going to California next year for a week :cool1:

Hi Kevin, have been back from Fl since Monday so like you am feeling a bit glum, haven't got another WDW trip planned yet and have only a couple of weeks grand canyon touring to look forward to in April, we're thinking about giving WDW a miss for a year to allow there to be loads more 'new' things to do when we go again. Will probably do DLRP tho as I need a disney fix at some point!

I suspect we will be feeling exactly the same way as you as our next trip is likely to be our last until the girls have finished their GCSEs as DH will not entertain going in the summer holidays.

Hopefully, as our reasons for not going will not be due to money, we will be able to have a stinker of a holiday in, oh, about 2010 ;) and I am determined we will stay at a lovely hotel on-site :)

I felt that way until we joined the Disney Vacation Club and I know now that we will go at least once a year for the next 48 years. (if I don't last that long my daughter can go!)

We worked out that it was so much better value as we liked to stay in delux hotels. It pays for itself after a few years. In fact we are able to let our friends come with us when we go next October.

We have also used our points to go to Disneyland Paris and week at half term february in Devon so it does not restrict you completely.

and to think I thought that first trip was a "once in a lifetime" now we have a lifetime of trips!

Hope you can arrange another trip soon. I really was appreciative of the help you gave us when we were planning our last trip and I often think about you.

Susan

mark&sue said:
and to think I thought that first trip was a "once in a lifetime" now we have a lifetime of trips!

Susan

Yep ours was 11 years and 16 trips ago glad we joined DVC
Paulh

I know how you feel I felt the same when we came back in May this year so after a little persuasion with DH we went again in September although that now seems ages ago. We are going again next May but I know I will probably struggle convincing DH to go again for a while.

I agree! I just love thinking about going back and what I'll do when we can. I used to work for a Holiday Company and although staff discounts weren't great some people seemed to be forever away (those with no mortgage, partners or children to worry about!) I guess I got used to the feeling :sunny:

mark&sue said:
Hope you can arrange another trip soon. I really was appreciative of the help you gave us when we were planning our last trip and I often think about you.
Susan

That's a really nice thing to say.... :cloud9:

I will go back, sooner than later, hopefully. Our main priority is we both want another child so here's hoping....

I lost my father and only job of 19 years this year so the trip to Florida was the one highlight, and another seems way off.....

Kevin

Glad to hear you have something really positive to aim for. You will have plenty of great years in the future and lots of great trips to come.

Enjoy trying for your new baby!!! I am a great believer that you will see your father's spirit shining through in your little ones.

Hope this coming new year will be the beginning of a new era for you and your family and your sun will start shining brightly again :sunny:

Susan

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter