FIRST PTR! :) winter in the world: a bi-annual tradition. [2/11/10--2/20/10]

wdwislife

DIS Veteran
Thought i'd start my PTR for my extended family's bi-annual WDW trip, because it's never too early! :)

here goes:

DATES:
2/11/2010--2/20/2010

BASIC TRIP SUMMARY:
This February my family will be continuing our decade-long tradition of a bi-annual trip to Walt Disney World, and I could NOT be happier. :)
Let me start this off by saying that I'm in now way the head of a household--in fact I'm actually the older of 2 teenage daughters in my family of four. Im am, however, the biggest DIS freak and planner! I plan the trips, my parents make them a reality, and for that I am definitely grateful.
We started taking trips to WDW in February 2000, and have been returning in the same month of every even year ever since.
In 2004 we were lucky enough to be able to purchase a time share at Orange Lake Resort in Kissimee. We love our little condo there!
Then in 2005 my mother's brother and his family also purchased a time share there for the same week! My uncle, aunt, and 3 younger cousins have been joining us in the world since 2006, and will meet us there once again this coming February!

and now for:
CAST OF CHARACTERS:

Me: princess: I've had the WDW countdown going since the 300's, and I'm in the process of making a gorgeous passporter planning scrapbook. In other words, a DISfreak starting at a young age. God only knows what I'll be like once I start a family of my own.

Sister: :lovestruc 2 1/2 years my junior, my little sister was a ride daredevil even before I was. She LOVES disney, though she is nowhere near as obsessed as yours truly.

Mom & Dad: :woohoo: pirate: love disney, but sometimes get a bit overwhelmed by it all. Therefore, let me do all the planning. :) Dad loves rides, Mom prefers fantasyland and shows. All and all they enjoy WDW, and keep us coming back!

Aunt & Uncle: :rolleyes: :thumbsup2 love having the family together in WDW. Uncle is a thrill seeker, and Aunt looks after the younger ones, but they're not so young anymore...

Cousin 1: :3dglasses The eldest kid of his family and 2 months younger than my sister, he's a self-proclaimed coaster buff who loves disney atmosphere, but universal rides. Loves being tall enough to ride everything.

Cousin 2: :wizard: The middle child. She would love to go on every possible ride, if only she wasn't to short! Small, but fiery. :)

Cousin 3: :flower3: The youngest of our WDW crew. A disney princess in her own right. Loves characters, the teacups and Dumbo. Definitely a DISlover in training.

Well, that's it for now!
Coming soon: resorts, plane flights and ADR wish list!

:upsidedow
leesh

My family once again succeeded in getting 2 complementary nights at a WDW Deluxe Resort!
Not through Disney though. My father is a lawyer who's company coincidentally attends a conference in Orlando in the days leading up to our time share week, and we've been able to utilize this fact in the past. We've had stays at both the boardwalk and the yacht club.

SO, now we're officially staying at the Contemporary, all expenses paid, for the first two nights of our trip! We're excited since it's our first time staying there, and can't wait to take advantage of the monorail! This segment will just be my immediate family, and my aunt, uncle and cousins will meet us in the world on the 13th.

I would love to hear what anyone who has stayed there thinks about it!

:upsidedow
leesh

woo! thanks for joining Leleluvsdis!
Tomorrow I'll try to post a list of all of my confirmed details so far, and soon some general disney raving :)

I'm here now. :thumbsup2 I'll be at the world in Feb from the 14th to the 21st!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter