First post! Family vacation planning

Discussion in 'DVC Member Services' started by thejables, Jan 12, 2009.

1. thejables

thejables Earning My Ears

Jan 12, 2009
    Hi, I was refered to go here to see if you all could help me.

This is the situation.

2 adults (24 & 23)
    2 kids (1, & 4)

Leaving Feb 17
    Coming back Feb-24

Flight: For 3 tickets total - $117+$60(for bags) (San Antonio to Fort Lauderdale)

Rental car (7 days) $300 (midsize)(can deal with less, just unable to find cheaper)

Gas: Approx $70

Tickets: $635.85(2 adult, 1 child, 1 child is free, 7 day pass...through

Hotel: $700(disney resort)

Total:$1882 (I also have budgeted approx $400 for food and did not budget the $200 that comes with the b4 get 3 free deal)

How can I make this cheaper?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Mom2Nick

Mom2Nick DIS Veteran

Jan 22, 2001
    Why are you flying to Ft Lauderdale? Can you get a flight to Orlando and ditch the rental car and gas?
  4. Chuck S

Chuck S DVC Boards Co-Moderator Moderator

Feb 6, 2000
    Even though you have a great price on the flight, if it is $117 for all 3 tickets, it means a 7 hour round trip drive from FLL to Disney. It won't be cheaper to fly into MCO, but honestly, I would not drive 3 1/2 hours each way as long as I was flying anyway. And why is there a hotel charge of $700, this is the DVC Timeshare Planning board. Or did you rent a reservation from a member? If it is a cash Disney reservation, using the 4/3 deal, this needs to be on the Disney Resorts, Theme Parks board, or the Budget Board.

Usually the cheapest option isn't the best option for a vacation.
  5. Uncle Remus

Uncle Remus Raconteur / can't name 'em Jeb

Jul 23, 2006
    And that advice is most valuable!! :thumbsup2

And to the OP, welcome!

6. Mom2Nick

Mom2Nick DIS Veteran

Jan 22, 2001
    Delta has flights to Orlando that are $211 per person with taxes and fees. That's cheaper overall since OP can ditch the car rental and the gas and the 7 hour round trip.