First post! Family vacation planning

thejables

Earning My Ears
Hi, I was refered to go here to see if you all could help me.

This is the situation.

2 adults (24 & 23)
2 kids (1, & 4)

Leaving Feb 17
Coming back Feb-24

Flight: For 3 tickets total - $117+$60(for bags) (San Antonio to Fort Lauderdale)

Rental car (7 days) $300 (midsize)(can deal with less, just unable to find cheaper)

Gas: Approx $70

Tickets: $635.85(2 adult, 1 child, 1 child is free, 7 day pass...through undercovertourist.com)

Hotel: $700(disney resort)

Total:$1882 (I also have budgeted approx $400 for food and did not budget the $200 that comes with the b4 get 3 free deal)

How can I make this cheaper?

Thanks,

Why are you flying to Ft Lauderdale? Can you get a flight to Orlando and ditch the rental car and gas?

Even though you have a great price on the flight, if it is $117 for all 3 tickets, it means a 7 hour round trip drive from FLL to Disney. It won't be cheaper to fly into MCO, but honestly, I would not drive 3 1/2 hours each way as long as I was flying anyway. And why is there a hotel charge of $700, this is the DVC Timeshare Planning board. Or did you rent a reservation from a member? If it is a cash Disney reservation, using the 4/3 deal, this needs to be on the Disney Resorts, Theme Parks board, or the Budget Board.

Usually the cheapest option isn't the best option for a vacation.

Even though you have a great price on the flight, if it is $117 for all 3 tickets, it means a 7 hour round trip drive from FLL to Disney. It won't be cheaper to fly into MCO, but honestly, I would not drive 3 1/2 hours each way as long as I was flying anyway. And why is there a hotel charge of $700, this is the DVC Timeshare Planning board. Or did you rent a reservation from a member? If it is a cash Disney reservation, using the 4/3 deal, this needs to be on the Disney Resorts, Theme Parks board, or the Budget Board.

Usually the cheapest option isn't the best option for a vacation.

And that advice is most valuable!! :thumbsup2

:welcome:
And to the OP, welcome!

:disrocks:

Delta has flights to Orlando that are $211 per person with taxes and fees. That's cheaper overall since OP can ditch the car rental and the gas and the 7 hour round trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter