First Haircut - Toddler?

Malakaiii

Mouseketeer
Hello!

My daughter is 2.5 and we're headed to Disney World in May. She's never had an official haircut, just trims my husband and I gave her at home. Will she still 'qualify' to have her first haircut done at the barbershop? I'd love to book it for her as something special!

Or should I just skip the 'first haircut' and just book her a regular cut?

Any thoughts or tips about how your kids liked the barbershop are helpful!

My 2 year old had his first DISNEY haircut in November. His hair had already been cut once before, but they gave us the certificate, etc. I wouldn't take your DD for much more than a trim. Some of the barbers aren't the best (in my opinion), so go in for a little trim off the ends, get the pictures taken and have some fun.

We took my daughter at 2.5 for her first cut (no trims before) and it is one of the things she remembers the most.

My sons "first haircut" at Disney was really his third haircut. When we got home we had to get it cut again, not a great job but it was still fun and will be a memory for him!

We took our 1 year old for his first haircut! So glad we did it. I taped and photographed the experience. The woman did a great job and was wonderful with our son. We have his hair clippings, a certificate and mouse ears that say first haircut! I would recommend it highly! :)

Bring cash for the barber's tip. They can't do it electronically.

Both our daughters had their first haircut at Disney and they did a fairly good job. The stylist was really good with kids. This was about 6 years ago so it may have changed some. They have their certificates and hats which is something special.

Where do you get this done? How do you make reservations? My son is going to be a year and he really needs a haircut and we are going in May

Where do you get this done? How do you make reservations? My son is going to be a year and he really needs a haircut and we are going in May

It's at the Harmony Barbershop in the front of the Magic Kingdom. Call 407-WDW-DINE for a reservation.

My DS was 2 and DD was 4 when they both got their first haircut. In their case it was fairly obvious that they had never had anything cut before.

On the other hand, my niece was almost 3 and she had bangs trimmed many times at home. My sister asked if it could still count as her "first haircut" and they had no issue with it.

It was a fun experience, worth the time for the special memories and photos. My two kids wore their ears for the whole trip and still have them many years later.

Also they have toys and stickers to occupy the kids so they sit still during the cut. We had no issues with anyone's haircut and all three kids wanted to get their hair cut there when we returned the next year.

Loved doing the First Haircut with DS. He was 15 months when he had it done. The lady trimming his hair (can't remember her name) saw me with my ziploc baggie ready to collect his little ringlets for his baby book. So she laid out a piece of tissue paper, saved ALL the hair she trimmed off, she wrapped it up like a little package then she placed it in a little satchel with a bunch of pixie dust for me! I was so surprised by this, I was in tears. Even if it's not the most perfect haircut, the memories from it are the best.

BTW, when I made the reservation with Disney Dining I let them know then that it was his first haircut.

Can anyone say how much the "my first Haircut" is? I didn't know that they did this and my DD needs to be trimmed up, DH and I have been going back and forth if we were ready for her to get it done yet. I am scared she is going to lose her curls! :worried:

I appreciate everyone's feedback! I talked to my husband and he got super excited about it. I called the dining reservation number and booked her in! May 22 at 10:30am. If I let her hair grow out until then, she will be quite scraggly! ;)

Can anyone say how much the "my first Haircut" is? I didn't know that they did this and my DD needs to be trimmed up, DH and I have been going back and forth if we were ready for her to get it done yet. I am scared she is going to lose her curls! :worried:

I believe its $18 plus tip.

Well worth it. My nephew had his first haircut there last year . He was 14 months old and we have fabulous pictures !!

I just made reservations for DD 1st hair trim for May 18th at 11:30! It's $19.00 without tax or tip. How much do you suggest for a tip?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter