First Fort Trip, Had a Great time, Thanks all. New pics posted 3/23

Keep an eye on conditions for 77. Worse case if they are deteriating you can scoot down I64 to Richmond and pick up I95. Not the most optimal path, but a good alternate then getting stuck in the mountains on I77 due to weather.

Otherwise, roads down this way are clear and drying so even with the storm that came through the south here it looks like you should have some smooth sailing.

Enjoy the trip, I wish I was heading back before 2016.

I am familiar with coming down I64 used to come down 81 to 64 when we convoyed trucks to Ft. Pickett. That is actually our route home as we are staying in Rocky Mount. Weather so far looks like it will be ok for all travel options. We will travel safe and update as I can.

So we are down under twelve hours :hourglass until we pull out and head on down the road. Trailer packed, Truck packed and the wife has picked up the Nephew. Thank you for all the Safe travel wishes, will take it easy so we arrive in one piece. :car: First stop, Walterboro, South Carolina for Saturday night. So for now, it is time to disconnect from the Net.:badpc: To any others that maybe traveling, be safe and see you down at the Fort :squirrel: on Sunday. Time to roll. :drive:

So we are down under twelve hours :hourglass until we pull out and head on down the road. Trailer packed, Truck packed and the wife has picked up the Nephew. Thank you for all the Safe travel wishes, will take it easy so we arrive in one piece. :car: First stop, Walterboro, South Carolina for Saturday night. So for now, it is time to disconnect from the Net.:badpc: To any others that maybe traveling, be safe and see you down at the Fort :squirrel: on Sunday. Time to roll. :drive:

Safe miles and please have a Magical time :D

You TR wins the price for the best teaser! :) Safe trip. Make sure to play one round of checkers game for me when you check in.

Keep an eye on conditions for 77. Worse case if they are deteriating you can scoot down I64 to Richmond and pick up I95. Not the most optimal path, but a good alternate then getting stuck in the mountains on I77 due to weather.

Otherwise, roads down this way are clear and drying so even with the storm that came through the south here it looks like you should have some smooth sailing.

Enjoy the trip, I wish I was heading back before 2016.

But then they'd miss all the pretty mountain views. I live in a very pretty part of the country and we take it for granted all the time. My avatar pic is a picture my DD13 took of a lake near our home. Actually, it's the view from the spot where DH and I got married.

So we arrived in South Carolina. Left the house this morning at 3am, waking up at 230, everyone out and on the road. Got to Walterboro, SC at 550pm tonight, cooked dinner and now it is time for bed. Up early to break camp and head to the Fort. Today tried both my wife's and I patience, having the nephew along is going to cause me to drink this week. Was going good until he puked all over the back seat of the truck and himself. Thought maybe it was that he was trying to read in the truck. Got in tonight had dinner and that came up also. Gonna be a long week. Can I fly home yet ??? Well time for bed folks, been a long day.

Aahhh...

The perfectly timed gastroenteritis...

On our trips it's usually strep throat.

Oh no that's the worst! Let's hope it's just from the car ride....Hope tomorrow is a better day!

Sorry to hear about the puking nephew. Hopefully it's the same gastric thing going around here right now. It is short lived. 24 hours or so and then you're fine. I had it a couple of weeks ago and my staff have had it this last week.

At least you made it to warmer climates. We are getting 7 inches of snow right now and Weather Channel said it would be in PA tomorrow. The Fort will be in the 80s tomorrow.

Here's to a better 2nd half of the drive tomorrow. And thinks for taking the time to check in with the rest of us.

j

Sorry about your puker :( Feel better sweet boy.

Yes, drink. Drink away my friend!

We have 8 inches of snow on the ground this morning and church is cancelled.

The plans for today are snowmobile, make hot cocoa and maybe get in a few snow pictures.

So ready to see your site and your set-up.

Someone needs to get a go pro camera and strap that puppy on their head for live streaming! I think that happy camper should be YOU! lol. Go left, take that loop....

OR just set up a couple cameras around the fort for us :)

My DD just had that 24 hour bug. I hope your nephew feels better. If it helps you feel better, think of it from a glass half full perspective. My nephew broke his arm at the skating rink Friday night. So it could be worse. :upsidedow

You made it! let the relaxing begin, then all the fun. Have a great time!

Glad you made it in and are getting settled. No mention of the nephew so I hope that means he is doing better. Post up some pics of the site when you get a chance.

I see way back that you requested 400 loop. What do you think of 1400?

One of our early trips we were in 1400, inner loop. Site was straight on as you walked in from the main road. For some reason, this is one of my favorite pics from that trip, but I don't remember the site number. The white truck in the middle was ours. (Loved that truck too) We loved being close to the Meadows pool and the campfire.
FW1400.jpg

j

Have a great time at the Fort. Hope the nephew is better. Of course you are at Disney now and that has a way of making everything better. Looking forward to your TR and pics.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter