First DVC Reservation

WDWNY

DIS Veteran
We just booked our first trip as DVC members and I have some questions (so typical of me)
1. Do they usually accommodate early check in for DVC rooms? Our flight arrives before 10AM
2. When I went to book DME it says to make reservations up to 10 days before your arrival date. Does this mean we don't get the yellow luggage tags? I can't imagine them mailing them out 10 days prior to the trip.
3. Is there a way to make our reservations automatically link with MDE? Or will I always have to manually put our reservation number in?

Thank you!!

We normally check in around 10am but it has been rare that our room is ready much before 4pm. Bell services can hold your luggage until room is ready. I have always had to link our DVC reservation to MDE.

About DME -- a "last minute" reservation (close to the 10 day mark) will most likely mean you won't get the package in the mail with tags before your trip. You can pick up luggage yourself and have it tagged when you check in at DME. I don't remember how early you can make DME reservations but unless it is close to the 10-day mark, you will get the package with tags in the mail.

About DME -- a "last minute" reservation (close to the 10 day mark) will most likely mean you won't get the package in the mail with tags before your trip. You can pick up luggage yourself and have it tagged when you check in at DME.
So we can make our reservations for DME for november now? It seemed like on the website you have to make them up to 10 days in advance, not any earlier. Thanks!

Yes, you can make DME reservation well in advance -- now may be too early for Nov. trip. Welcome home! We LOVE Being DVC owners!

Thank you! We're super excited to stay at new resorts!
We're a family of 4- so I have to fill out 4 separate DME reservation forms? Or am I on the wrong page/ is it easier to just call to make the reservation?

Usually your room will be available in the afternoon, sometimes after 4:00, our latest was 7:30.

You should DME from the member website, it asks for the number of people in your party then gives you a space for each of their names. You can also call MS to book DME.

Sometimes the MDE link happens other times you need to manually link the reservation. DVC doesn't always interface well with the Disney applications.

:earsboy: Bill

I have had rooms ready early morning. I just checked, and my last stay I received the email message saying my room was ready at 10:02 am. But there is no guarantee. I guess it depends on how busy the resort was the day before, vacant rooms don't require cleaning.

Especially in November, it is safe to assume your room will not be ready until 4PM.

It is DVC high season. Checkout time for previous guests is 11AM. Capacity at most DVC resorts will be 95-100% in this time period. So there simply may not be anything to give you before the prep crew goes through.

We've had mixed luck with super early check ins. The last few have been close to, but before 4:00pm.
We always rent a car. I can't offer insight on DME.
Our reservations have always linked to MDE almost immediately.

You can check in any time after 7am but your room will likely not be ready until mid to late afternoon. Officially, your room will be ready "after 4pm". In practice, our room has been ready before 4pm some times and after 4pm some times so you have to be prepared to wait until after 4pm. If it's a busy time of year for DVC (mid-September to mid-January) plan to be waiting until after 4pm. DVC also does not allow late check outs so plan to be out of your room by 11am on your check out day.

You can book DME as soon as you have your flight information. The "10 days" is the final cutoff but as others have posted and it's not clear if you would get your yellow tags in time if you waited until then. I book DME soon after booking my flights, many months in advance of our stay. I usually use the form on the members website. It sends email to Member Services who then book DME for you with the information you provided. It might take a couple of days for MS to respond to the request. I think they send out a confirmation email once it's done but I can't remember for sure.

I have always had to copy and paste my reservation number into MDE.

You can book DME once you have your air reservations. You will not get the luggage tags until 3-4 weeks before your trip. We usually plan to use the resort pool or head to the parks until the room is ready. You can leave carry on luggage with bell services if you wish.

I forgot to book my DME, and I called them in a panic 9 days out. They told me on the phone I would not have my yellow tags in time. However, they sent them UPS express (even though they told me they wouldn't) and I got them in 3 days - plenty of time to spare! They said if you DON'T get them, you have several options:

* Pick up your bags and drop them off at the DME checkin desk
OR - leave them at baggage, but bring your baggage claim tickets (make sure you get them at your origination airport) and give those to DME. They will get your bags, but it may take an extra hour.

Usually my rooms are not ready by 10 (we take an early flight too). Generally, if it's cold I pack a change of clothes in my carry-on and change at the Disney resort, leave the bags with bellhop after I checkin and head for the park. OR if it's warm when I leave, I just check everything and go right to the park. If you have a magic band, and you have registered for it, you can just hit up the park and they will text you your room number when it's ready (been as late as 4:30 for me). No need to go back to the lobby, you can go right to your room and your MB will open it and your bags are generally already there (although if not, you can call bell hop and they run them over to you in about 10 minutes).

So far in all the stays we have using our beloved DVC ( mostly SSR and VGF ) we have rarely had a check in past 4:00 pm. Once was 4:30 pm. We have stayed 10 + times. Most times it averages at about lunch time. We vacation May and September.

We come from UK so don't use the MDE lugaggue tags but do use the MDE. They have never not had a note of our booking no matter how late.

I just manually type in the DVC reservation number in the MDE and it pops right up!

I really hope you enjoy your first stay and enjoy your DVC as much as we do. All resorts are different and charming in their own way!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter