First Disney Cruise questions

panixx

Dis Dad Member #642
We are going to be on the April 26th, 2013 sailing from Galveston on the 8 night bahamas cruise. Since this cruise isn't really visiting any foreign countries will we need to get passports or will birth certificates be enough to validate citizenship?

Also, when the ship stops at Port Canaveral, do we need to arrange transportation to WDW or will that be waiting? And do we need to buy tickets ir will they be provided?

It's hard to find much info on this particular cruise because the itinerary is so new I guess.

panixx said:
We are going to be on the April 26th, 2013 sailing from Galveston on the 8 night bahamas cruise. Since this cruise isn't really visiting any foreign countries will we need to get passports or will birth certificates be enough to validate citizenship?

Also, when the ship stops at Port Canaveral, do we need to arrange transportation to WDW or will that be waiting? And do we need to buy tickets ir will they be provided?

It's hard to find much info on this particular cruise because the itinerary is so new I guess.

Bahamas are a foreign country

panixx said:

Bus is included with pArk hopper passes

If you are US citizens all that's required for ID is a CERTIFIED birth certificate and (for those 16 and over) a government issued photo ID.

AFAIK, the cruises that go to PC include the WDW tickets, you need to arrange which bus you are taking from port to WDW with DCL.

:cutie:

Any closed-loop cruise that starts/finishes in the same US port does not require US citizens to have a passport. A certified copy of your birth certificate, as well as an ID (like your DL) will be fine. You don't HAVE to have a passport.
eta: It is recommended, though, as in an emergency, you won't be able to fly home without one. And I believe the 8 night stops at Castaway Cay - which is in the Bahamas. So you actually ARE visiting a foreign country.

As for your questions about WDW, I can't really speak with too much authority, but I'm pretty sure I read that transportation to/from WDW and a park hopper ticket are included with the excursion. I'm sure someone who knows better than I will be along soon! Enjoy your cruise.

Thanks for the responses. Yeah castaway cay is technically a foreign country, but it is owned by Disney so not exactly the same as it would be visiting somewhere like Cozumel. Trying to save the $300 if I can.

panixx said:
Thanks for the responses. Yeah castaway cay is technically a foreign country, but it is owned by Disney so not exactly the same as it would be visiting somewhere like Cozumel. Trying to save the $300 if I can.

As long as the cruise originates in us and returns to a us port you only need a government issued picture Id or you can get a passport card but this is only valid on cruises not for flying from a foreign country I believe it's under 75.00

As long as the cruise originates in us and returns to a us port you only need a government issued picture Id or you can get a passport card but this is only valid on cruises not for flying from a foreign country I believe it's under 75.00

The passport card doesn't give you any thing more than having the birth certificate and photo ID gives you. Not worth the money. Minimum requirement - CERTIFIED birth certificate and (for those 16 and over) government issued photo ID.

And to clarify, the cruse must be departing and returning the same US port (closed-loop cruise). A cruise that starts in one US port and ends in a different US port has a whole different set of rules.

:cutie:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter