First DC April 2014

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by pmoody88, Dec 24, 2013.

1. pmoody88

pmoody88 Earning My Ears

Hey Guys, I'm planning my first DC in April 2014 on the Magic. We are making stops in Nassau and Castaway Cay. I plan on bringing my girlfriend who is a huge disney addict. The thing is I'm 25 and she is 21. We pretty much are kids at heart but we know that we won't want to be doing any of the kid activities, so with that being said, is there karaoke, couples games, or a cooking class for the adults on the cruise? Also any input on excursions to look into would be helpful. Thanks.

2. CurtisB

CurtisB Mouseketeer

There are adult oriented things to do such as wine/alcohol tasting, "Know Your Mate" in one of the clubs one night, dancing, game show type events etc. Look for some old Navigators (daily pamphlet of what is going on each day) and that should give you an example of events they run.

3. bliscum

bliscum Mouseketeer

There is a lot to do. There are cooking classes, napkin folding , wine/tequila/mixology classes (small charge for theses), family karaoke, Disney trivia games, bingo etc. looking at old navigators will show you what is available.

4. OhThePain

OhThePain DIS Veteran

I'll let the other posters give insight as to what there is to do for adults since my wife and I (both in our late 20's, no kids) will be taking our first DCL cruise in September.

I would skip the excursions in Nassau. I have always found it to be a junky, throw-away port day. If we have felt the need to get off the ship, there is a Senior Frogs in walking distance to the port that we have gone to for a couple of drinks and apps. Otherwise, I would just hang out on the ship and enjoy the fact that most people are off the ship, almost treat it like a day at sea. It's much easier to find a place to sit on deck on port days than on sea days. It'll also give you a chance to explore the ship a little more and, from what I have seen, there are activities for adults going on while in port.