first dance

fairytalebride

Earning My Ears
We are having an intimate wedding. At the cake cutting reception, we will have a violinst to play the music. The information sent to me only shows 3 different songs for our first dance. What if you want a different song? would they play it? Do you get to have a couple dances? How long typically do the cake cutting last? :wave2:

At last I have found someone in my similar situation! I too am having a intimate wedding and had a hard time getting information. All web sites I have looked at were of couples having Custom weddings. Well, I'll try to help as much as I could. 1. Accoarding to another Disney Bride, if you would like to have a couple's dance to a particular song, you may bring your own copy of that song on cd. As far as I know they do not charge any extra for them to play it.
2. I read on various web sites that the cake cutting last about 15 minutes after the ceremony, but my Disney Sales lady told be 50. I asked her three times to make sure she said FIFTY and not FIFTEEN. She assured me it was FIFTY (50) minutes. This still seems like a long time. If I may ask, hoe many people are involved in your intimate wedding, and are you lanning something afterwards. I too could use some advise. The Disney people aren't very easy to get a hold of! Good Luck to you.

Hi merenadab4,
Thanks so much for your advice! If you bring a cd for them to play,will they have a cd player or should we bring one? I'm really not sure how long the cake ceremony will be either. I have read how some have a chance for 3 dances. We are getting married in December. our ceremony is at the wedding pavilion at 10 am. Then we go to the grand floridian on a terrace and have the cake cutting. We have to decide where to take everyone to lunch(since it'll be over by noon). This was difficult since we want to wear our wedding attire. You can only where your wedding attire at the resorts not the parks. Lunch is limited at the resorts. However, I think we've decided on the grand floridian cafe. We are having the max 13 guests. You can have 8 guest but then you pay 100 dollars for each person up tp 13. Thats all we have decided on so far. I hope this helps. Thanks lots.

Accoarding to Andrea H. Disney should be able to supply a Cd player of sorts. I too was in the same situation with where to have a lunch after the ceremnoy. As it stands I am scheduled at 1:00 pm at the wedding Gazebo and planned to do Lunch afterwards. Since I had a hard time finding where to do lunch, My sales lady suggested I do dinner. I could get a dinner reservation as early as 4:30 at GF. I thought this would work out perfect since she DID tell me that the wedding and cake cutting would take approx. 2 hours. So I thought it would be over by 3:00, and our limo would have to make two trips two drive everyone from the Yacht Club to the GF, so I figured that would take some time, and than while we were at the GF we could get some great family pictures which would also take up more time. So if we had to wait in the lobby for 15 or 20 minutes, that would be fine. Now however, I find out that the ceremony and cake cutting would most likely be just one hour. What am I going to do with all the extra time between. I am considering moving my ceremnoy time to 3:00, but I don't want to be caught in the middle of the daily storm. Any suggestions? O, by the way, We really wanted to keep our dinner at the GF. I know this may not be the most romantic place, but We wanted to dine at 1900 Park fare because 1) It's a buffet, and 2) we will have neices and nephews who are joing us and would love to have the characters there without having to pay for them at the cake reception. Also, I am told the the dinner at 1900 Park fair is called Cinderella's ball. How appropriate!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter