Fireworks settings

TheDisKid1969

TheDisKid1969
I am new to discussion forums so forgive me if my so for give me if my edicate is out of balance.

I am a new to photography and was wondering if anyone can suggest a particular aperture and exposure setting for taking photos of the fireworks as they fly over the most beautiful house in the kingdom. If it helps I am using a “Canon G6 Power Shot 7.4mp.”

#1. Tripod
Then:
ISO 100, F8 from anywhere from 1/2 sec to 8 seconds is pretty standard around these parts. Use some sort of remote shutter release, cable or wireless. Is thats not avail, then you could use the self timer set to the shortest time, ie; 1 or 2 seconds (to help avoid camera shake). Lastly, keep shooting. If you wait to get the perfect shot you'll more than likely miss it. Once the shutter closes, fire it up again, and again and again and again, etc.........

Take a look at the other fireworks threads for some great examples. Many people on these boards have taken awesome fireworks pics duing Wishes.

Oh, and one more thing,,,,,,,, when you get back make sure you post your pictures for all of us to see. :)

Thanks for the help. I'm new to this and all forums. I'm trying to get some photos on from adult January trip. I wasn't happy with the fireworks shots. So I want to get this figured out before our March trip.

We need a sticky for this.

1. Always use a tripod (you can't get away from that, not even with the 'budget' tripods)
2. Always use either remote shutter release or shutter delay so your finger press doesn't shake tha camera
3. Never use flash
4. The easiest way is to use fireworks mode
5. If you don't have that use Landscape mode with flash turned off
6. If you want to go the manual route, I like ISO100, 2 sec shutter, f/10

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter