Fireworks, DVC, and a whole lot less of me!!!-our 6th trip to disney!-update 7/6 pg14

I had hoped to get an update posted this morning with some ADR's and Day 2 of our summer vacation. However, life got in the way (or should I say a scooter) which prevented from uploading to photo bucket last night. :sad2:

Jeremy has been on Spring Break for a week. He has had a great week off. He went to grandma's for 2 days, played outside in the nice weather, went to the movies and saw Hop. It was a great week to be off as we finally hit the low 80's here in Ohio yesterday. :thumbsup2

Tom worked yesterday and Jeremy and I did nothing but play. Well, Tom got off at 6:00 last night and went on squad at 7:00. At 7:01, he got toned out to go on a run. Jeremy had been dying to ride with him to the squad building so Tom lets him go and I was going to follow to pick him up. Jeremy loves it when Tom goes fast with the sirens blaring! :confused3 It's a boy thing!

Tom yells back at me to get his wallet as he didn't have it on him and needed his license. I run back in to get it, leaving my wallet at home and of course I grab my cell phone which is dead! :sad2: I pick up Jeremy just as the squad is pulling out and head to the local park for my nightly 4 mile walk.

Well, on mile #2, Jeremy has an accident on his scooter. I run to him and it looks like just scrapes and bruises on the knees and elbows. I pick the scooter up off him and see blood near his ankle and a real deep cut! :scared1: The side of the scooter had cut down into his leg. I tend to panic but I kept it together as I knew it would upset him. He got up and limped across the park with me to the car. Of all nights, I have no cell phone to call Tom (who is at the hospital anyway with the squad) and there is no one around to help me. Plus, our insurance card is at home in my wallet. Jeremy remained calm until I told him we had to go the hospital as it would probably need stitches.

The hospital is not far away but honestly, I don't remember the drive. Tom hadn't left yet. He got Jeremy and one of the EMT's wrapped his leg until they could see him. At this point, I lost it and could not stop crying. My baby was hurt and I felt so bad for him.

The ER was extremely busy. We got there at 8 and it was midnight before we left to go home. Jeremy was a trooper. He didn't cry any once he got there. :) I was so proud of him. He squeezed my hand when they numbed it and didn't flinch. In the end, they put 2 stitches inside the wound and 6 on the outside. It was a very bad cut the doctor said.

He did go to school today. I went and talked with his teachers to make sure they knew to call if he got to feeling bad. I think he couldn't wait to tell everyone about his 8 stitches.

Tom is picking him up from school today and he is taking to him to the local ice cream shop for a treat! :thumbsup2

Of course, the only thing he asks me is, do you think that since I was so brave we could ride horses at Fort Wilderness! :rotfl: Gotta love that kid! :hug:

I will upload tonight and post more tomorrow!

Poor kid! I think it hurts us mom's almost as much as it does our kids when they have an injury. At least he has a story to tell and a battle wound to show off - boys like that stuff for some reason :rolleyes:

I definitely think his bravery deserves a horseback ride :thumbsup2

On another note, I walk 4 miles a day at our local park too!

Hey Erika!
Jumping over from my PTR! So glad you are back on DIS and writing about your last trip! :goodvibes

Poor Jeremy! I think he deserves the horseback riding too! :thumbsup2

How exciting about DVC!! My DH had mentioned 'maybe' buying in....maybe I can get him to go talk to them while we are there w/no kiddos. We'll see! ;)

Loving the trip updates, cant wait to read more!!

Poor kid! I think it hurts us mom's almost as much as it does our kids when they have an injury. At least he has a story to tell and a battle wound to show off - boys like that stuff for some reason :rolleyes:

I definitely think his bravery deserves a horseback ride :thumbsup2

On another note, I walk 4 miles a day at our local park too!

Isn't walking great! I feel so refreshed afterwards. I also do Zumba 3 days a week which I absolutely love!

I agree, us mom's hurt more than child. School is about out and no phone call so he must be okay today. I am sure he has shown off his bandages all day!

Yes, I have been checking the pricing of horseback riding today.......:sad2: I am a sucker for that child! :rolleyes:

Hey Erika!
Jumping over from my PTR! So glad you are back on DIS and writing about your last trip! :goodvibes

Poor Jeremy! I think he deserves the horseback riding too! :thumbsup2

How exciting about DVC!! My DH had mentioned 'maybe' buying in....maybe I can get him to go talk to them while we are there w/no kiddos. We'll see! ;)

Loving the trip updates, cant wait to read more!!

Glad you are here, Heather! :) It is fun to relive my trip from last year while planning for this one.

You should definitely check out DVC. I am glad we did it, just wish we had done it sooner.

Did you do a trip from last summer? I would love to read it if you will point me in the right direction.

Aw poor Jeremy. Sounds like he made it through the day like a trooper though.:thumbsup2

What exactly is Zumba????

AWWW!!! I feel so sorry for Jeremy!!! Sounds like you handled the situation very well! I know I always have to take a step back & think in my head "I need to be brave for Luke & worry about my own emotions later." Its really hard to do though, isn't it? I agree -- moms definitely hurt right along with their kids! Glad it turned out ok & he is back at school feeling better!

Zumba is awesome!!!!! We have classes where I live but unfortunately I'm not able to make it -- they are usually on odd nights & I can't get a babysitter. I try to run on the treadmill at least 3 times a week & also walk on the school track (its only 2 miles from my house). My new favorite is the "Just Dance" on the Wii -- and it is hilarious to watch Luke immitate me! I really need to take a picture & post it on here! I think I will tomorrow! LOL I still think it would be better exercise if I could take a class -- then I'm forced to go at a certain time every week & won't skip my exercising!

Can't wait for another update about your trip! Maybe it will include horseback riding ??? :rolleyes1

Every act of bravery during an injury deserves a Disney reward! :cool1:
Are those his first stitches? If so, he's doing very well. ::yes:: My boys always dreaded the taking out more than the putting in. Everything is numb when putting them in, but tender when taking them out. :eek:

You acted bravely, too. What will be your Disney reward? :wizard:

Keep up that walking. :cheer2: I used to walk with a friend, but our schedules are so different now, and I don't have the motivation to walk by myself. Since the knee surgery a year and a half ago, I can't walk normally anyway, so I gave it up. The increasing poundage shows it, too. :sad2: I need to live near Animal Kingdom and Epcot. I'd be motivated if I could walk around those places every evening. :)

Aw poor Jeremy. Sounds like he made it through the day like a trooper though.:thumbsup2

What exactly is Zumba????

Thanks, he was a great trooper!

Zumba is a type of latin dance exercise. They have a website. It is tons of fun! My friend at work teaches it 3 days a week for an hour long session. The hour goes by so fast. She does a mix of latin music and current top hits. It is a good workout!!! :thumbsup2

AWWW!!! I feel so sorry for Jeremy!!! Sounds like you handled the situation very well! I know I always have to take a step back & think in my head "I need to be brave for Luke & worry about my own emotions later." Its really hard to do though, isn't it? I agree -- moms definitely hurt right along with their kids! Glad it turned out ok & he is back at school feeling better!

Zumba is awesome!!!!! We have classes where I live but unfortunately I'm not able to make it -- they are usually on odd nights & I can't get a babysitter. I try to run on the treadmill at least 3 times a week & also walk on the school track (its only 2 miles from my house). My new favorite is the "Just Dance" on the Wii -- and it is hilarious to watch Luke immitate me! I really need to take a picture & post it on here! I think I will tomorrow! LOL I still think it would be better exercise if I could take a class -- then I'm forced to go at a certain time every week & won't skip my exercising!

Can't wait for another update about your trip! Maybe it will include horseback riding ??? :rolleyes1

Jeremy got Just Dance for Christmas and we love it!!! :love: Boy, it is a workout. It is too funny watching him to do it so I can just imagine what Luke looks like. I should get a picture of Jeremy when he is doing it again and we can share! ;)

Update coming up today on the pre-trip and last years!

Every act of bravery during an injury deserves a Disney reward! :cool1:
Are those his first stitches? If so, he's doing very well. ::yes:: My boys always dreaded the taking out more than the putting in. Everything is numb when putting them in, but tender when taking them out. :eek:

You acted bravely, too. What will be your Disney reward? :wizard:

Keep up that walking. :cheer2: I used to walk with a friend, but our schedules are so different now, and I don't have the motivation to walk by myself. Since the knee surgery a year and a half ago, I can't walk normally anyway, so I gave it up. The increasing poundage shows it, too. :sad2: I need to live near Animal Kingdom and Epcot. I'd be motivated if I could walk around those places every evening. :)

Yes, first stitches! He gets them out on Good Friday unless his Dad decides they need to come out before then. Of all times, I have to be in Columbus 3 nights next week for work. The doctor said to bring him in sooner if it looked like it was healing faster. I have a feeling Tom will go ahead and take him in before I get home on Thursday. Mr. EMT offers too many details to Jeremy and it scares him to death! I finally had to tell him to be quiet Sunday night in the ER. I know Jeremy would do much better with me but will just have to wait and see what happens. :rolleyes1

Good point, I need a reward as well!!! :lmao: I was pretty brave! I would settle for convincing Tom to fly instead of driving to Florida!!! :thumbsup2

Totally agree with you!!! I would walk every day if I lived near AK and Epcot, probably 3 or 4 times a day!!!. I can sympathize with you over the knee. I have knee problems and boy, when it hurts, there is nothing you can do. I will post more on that in my next update (that is why there is less of me!!!:thumbsup2).

Pre-Trip Update--Why is there Less of Me? and ADR plans

This will be trip #6 for my family this summer and we are doing things a little different. First, I have always used TGM to plan our park days. He is awesome and is right on target all the time. :thumbsup2

With that said, we have always missed EMHs at the parks except for one year when we did AK evening EMHs. Plus, Tom hates that I have our entire vacation planned before we even get there. So, I am going against everything in me, and I have not planned our park days. :scared1: This is scary for me but I am going to do some nice notecards (Thanks Doreen for the idea!) and will be ready each morning. We also want to do more EMHs so we are going to give those a try this year as well. I know there will be one water park day as we head back to Blizzard Beach.

So, on to dining........This is the most perplexing decision we have made---whether or not to do the dining plan.

After much debate, thought, and prayer, I decided to have a lap band last year. I have always struggled with my weight. I was never super thin in high school and college, but after marriage I gained a lot and it has never came off. I tried every diet out there and it would take a few pounds off and then they would be back on.

This is me in February 2010 at my 34th birthday.

IMG_3104.jpg

I was extremely overweight with no energy. It was taking every effort to go up and down the stairs in my house. I have a bulged disk in my back that creates a lot of problems for my left knee. I already had gotten 3 injections in my back to help with the knee pain and it wasn't getting any better. So, in April 2010 I started the mandatory 6 month diet and in November I had the surgery.

This is me at my 35th Birthday, one year later--45 pounds lighter! :thumbsup2

IMG_4789.jpg

My knee no longer hurts. I have tons of energy. I either walk 4 miles a day or do zumba. I can run up and down the stairs at home. Life is soooo much different now and so much better. I still have days when I crave a pop (that is a big NO, NO with a band---no more carbonation for me ever) and when I want cake but I keep it out of sight and out of mind. It has been great for Tom and Jeremy as they are now losing weight as well. I look forward to doing Disney with less of me as I know I will be able to keep up with Jeremy and do so much more. I hope to have another 15 pounds off by the time we hit Disney this year. I have a long way to go to get to goal weight. It will take longer with the band but so worth it in the end.

With all that being said, I am still not sure about what to do with the dining plan. Tom really wants his table service meal a day. I have booked one a day, most of which are buffet or family style so I know there will no savings for me. I talked with DVC member service to see if they would give Tom and Jeremy the dining plan and let me pay out of pocket but no luck! I just don't eat that much and for myself, it is not cost effective. I have 2 days until we arrive to add the dining plan so I still have time to decide.

Here are the ADR's I have booked so far. Let me know what you think. I put a * for those that are new to us.

Sat, June 25-Boma 6 pm

Sun, June 26-Mama Melrose 1:35 pm, Fantasmic package *

Mon, June 27-San Angel Inn 6:15 pm*

Tues, June 28-Tusker House 8:10 am* Donald's Safari Breakfast

Wed, June 29-Garden Grill 7:00 pm

Thur, June 30-Chef Mickey's 10:15 am (this is the day we switch to BLT)

Fri, July 1-Cape May Cafe 5:40 pm*

Sat, July 2-Whispering Canyon Cafe 6:15 pm

Sun, July 3-O'hana 6:15 pm

Mon, July 4-Coral Reef 5:50 pm*

I am always looking for new ideas so any suggestions you might have would be great. I have to book ADR's for our trip in November in May so I am up for new restaurants!

Up Next:

Pre-Trip Planning: What special events do I have planned? Will Jeremy get to horseback ride?

Summer 2010: Who falls in a restroom and where?

Congratulations on your weight loss Erika! You look fabulous :thumbsup2 I know exactly what you mean about feeling so much better with exercise. A couple of years ago I hit my highest weight ever, I even weighed more than I did when 9 months pregnant! That's when I started walking and I was amazed at how much better I felt. I still would like to lose another 20-30 pounds, but I try not to focus on the actual number on the scale and just go by how I feel. I know I am healthier for it anyway.

You might check with Disney Dining but I think if you produce a doctors note that explains your surgery they will allow you to order from the kids menu, or charge you the kids rate at a buffet, seems like I read that somewhere before :confused3 A lot of the meals are big enough too that maybe you and Jeremy could share. I'd sit down and figure out what you think you guys will actually order at the different restaurants and price it out, it might be more cost effective to just pay OOP for your meals. OR since you are going twice this year are you going to get APs? If so, just buy the Tables in Wonderland card and use that discount. Ok, I feel like I'm rambling so I'm going to shutup now :laughing:

Congratulations on your weight loss Erika! You look fabulous :thumbsup2 I know exactly what you mean about feeling so much better with exercise. A couple of years ago I hit my highest weight ever, I even weighed more than I did when 9 months pregnant! That's when I started walking and I was amazed at how much better I felt. I still would like to lose another 20-30 pounds, but I try not to focus on the actual number on the scale and just go by how I feel. I know I am healthier for it anyway.

You might check with Disney Dining but I think if you produce a doctors note that explains your surgery they will allow you to order from the kids menu, or charge you the kids rate at a buffet, seems like I read that somewhere before :confused3 A lot of the meals are big enough too that maybe you and Jeremy could share. I'd sit down and figure out what you think you guys will actually order at the different restaurants and price it out, it might be more cost effective to just pay OOP for your meals. OR since you are going twice this year are you going to get APs? If so, just buy the Tables in Wonderland card and use that discount. Ok, I feel like I'm rambling so I'm going to shutup now :laughing:

Thanks! I was right there as well---weighing more than when I was 9 months pregnant. :sad2: I have dropped 2 pants size as well and I am about ready to go down to another! Congratulations on your weight loss as well!

I will call back and talk with Disney. I mentioned it to the guy but he was not very helpful. I do have a dining card from the doctor that explains that I had weight loss surgery and that I would eat less. I have never used it but it would be a good idea to try it with Disney. If we go out, Jeremy and I often share or I get a to go box. The first few times we went out to eat after the sugery, I got so frustrated. I don't drink (any type of liquid--don't want you to think I am drinking alcohol at every meal :rotfl2:) with my meals---rule of surgery. In the beginning, I could only eat protein. So, when I wouldn't order something to drink and declined the sides, the wait staff would get frustrated at me and constantly ask me throughout the meal if I was sure I didn't want anything else. It would make me so aggravated that I now order water and Tom usually drinks it and Jeremy and I share or I bring home what is left. We are getting AP's so I need to get more information on the Tables in Wonderland card. Thanks for that info.

Oh my gosh Erika!!! You look amazing!!! I wondered about the "a whole lot less of me" in your title, but had a feeling it had to do with weight loss! I know I said this already, but isn't Zumba fun?!? And yes, we really do need to share pictures of the kids doing Just Dance! It is hilarious watching Luke! He has no idea what we're doing, he just immitates everything that I do!

I have a friend who is getting the lap band next week -- I'm actually having lunch with her today! She is really nervous about it, but also excited.

Your ADR's look fantastic! I understand what you mean about the dining plan. I don't really eat alot for breakfast & eat way smaller meals than my husband and even Luke! Luke could easily eat on the adult dining plan & I could eat on the kids! LOL Only thing is that I don't like Disney chicken nuggets and I try to avoid french fries as much as I possibly can. I'm thinking that what we'll probably do is let Luke use some of my adult dining credits on the days when I'm not hungry. I'm also planning to split meals with him. Last trip, we split meals with Luke & only had to pay OOP for one or two meals. I'm actually worried this trip -- with him having his OWN child's dining plan, I'm not sure we'll end up using all the credits. Although that being said, I have 11 ADR's scheduled for only 9 nights of credits! So I guess we will end up using them all!

Let me go through your ADR's -- first of all I love Coral Reef!!! I am actually fairly upset that we don't have an ADR scheduled for this trip. We've eaten there the past 2 trips in 2009 and 2010. Coral Reef was always "my pick" because I love seafood & also wanted Luke to experience dining near the aquarium! I enjoyed it more in 2009 because they changed the Mahi Mahi sauce but it was still absolutely delicious!!!

I have heard wonderful things about Boma & San Angel Inn! I have friends who work for Disney and eat at Boma all the time! They love it but I've never tried it. I'm actually still debating if I want to add San Angel or get rid of Teppan Edo to add San Angel. It's just a tough decision between San Angel and the new Mexico restaurant. We've always wanted to eat in front of that beautiful volcano so I think we'd choose San Angel for the view but the new restaurant to try to food. Although since they're both in Mexico, I'm sure they're very similar :confused3

We have ADR's for Tusker House & Garden Grill in September and both are brand new for us! I'm very excited to try both!!! You have alot of the same ADR's scheduled so I will definitely get tips from you after you get back from your trip!!! I know alot of people have told me to try the juice at Tusker House. Our ADR for Garden Grill is later in the evening too -- I'm not sure how I'll keep my husband from wanting to eat sooner! He smells that food a mile away, I swear! I do have the Living with the Land tour scheduled right before we eat, so hopefully that will keep him occupied! LOL

I'm still considering adding Chef Mickey's as well. I took it off our schedule because I needed to get rid of 2 character meals. Do they only have the character meal for breakfast or is it breakfast & lunch? Right now we have lunch at Kona on the day of MNSSHP but I could always do Chef Mickey's as well. We'd still be on the monorail & have easy access to MK. Decisions, decisions!!!

I am very very anxious to see what you think of Cape May Cafe's dinner! I would LOVE to try it but I know there's no way my husband would eat most of whats on the menu for dinner. We have a character breakfast scheduled there.

I wish I could give you better advice but most of those are firsts for me as well!!!! I do know that all of the ones you have are highly recommended & I know alot of people who have eaten there! :thumbsup2

I have to say it again -- you look great!!!!! I can tell by your picture that you are happier & have more energy! You are just beaming! Congrats on all the weight loss & good luck with the rest before your trip! With the walking & zumba, I'm sure you will be able to reach your goal!!! :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes

Oh my gosh Erika!!! You look amazing!!! I wondered about the "a whole lot less of me" in your title, but had a feeling it had to do with weight loss! I know I said this already, but isn't Zumba fun?!? And yes, we really do need to share pictures of the kids doing Just Dance! It is hilarious watching Luke! He has no idea what we're doing, he just immitates everything that I do!

I have a friend who is getting the lap band next week -- I'm actually having lunch with her today! She is really nervous about it, but also excited.

Your ADR's look fantastic! I understand what you mean about the dining plan. I don't really eat alot for breakfast & eat way smaller meals than my husband and even Luke! Luke could easily eat on the adult dining plan & I could eat on the kids! LOL Only thing is that I don't like Disney chicken nuggets and I try to avoid french fries as much as I possibly can. I'm thinking that what we'll probably do is let Luke use some of my adult dining credits on the days when I'm not hungry. I'm also planning to split meals with him. Last trip, we split meals with Luke & only had to pay OOP for one or two meals. I'm actually worried this trip -- with him having his OWN child's dining plan, I'm not sure we'll end up using all the credits. Although that being said, I have 11 ADR's scheduled for only 9 nights of credits! So I guess we will end up using them all!

Let me go through your ADR's -- first of all I love Coral Reef!!! I am actually fairly upset that we don't have an ADR scheduled for this trip. We've eaten there the past 2 trips in 2009 and 2010. Coral Reef was always "my pick" because I love seafood & also wanted Luke to experience dining near the aquarium! I enjoyed it more in 2009 because they changed the Mahi Mahi sauce but it was still absolutely delicious!!!

I have heard wonderful things about Boma & San Angel Inn! I have friends who work for Disney and eat at Boma all the time! They love it but I've never tried it. I'm actually still debating if I want to add San Angel or get rid of Teppan Edo to add San Angel. It's just a tough decision between San Angel and the new Mexico restaurant. We've always wanted to eat in front of that beautiful volcano so I think we'd choose San Angel for the view but the new restaurant to try to food. Although since they're both in Mexico, I'm sure they're very similar :confused3

We have ADR's for Tusker House & Garden Grill in September and both are brand new for us! I'm very excited to try both!!! You have alot of the same ADR's scheduled so I will definitely get tips from you after you get back from your trip!!! I know alot of people have told me to try the juice at Tusker House. Our ADR for Garden Grill is later in the evening too -- I'm not sure how I'll keep my husband from wanting to eat sooner! He smells that food a mile away, I swear! I do have the Living with the Land tour scheduled right before we eat, so hopefully that will keep him occupied! LOL

I'm still considering adding Chef Mickey's as well. I took it off our schedule because I needed to get rid of 2 character meals. Do they only have the character meal for breakfast or is it breakfast & lunch? Right now we have lunch at Kona on the day of MNSSHP but I could always do Chef Mickey's as well. We'd still be on the monorail & have easy access to MK. Decisions, decisions!!!

I am very very anxious to see what you think of Cape May Cafe's dinner! I would LOVE to try it but I know there's no way my husband would eat most of whats on the menu for dinner. We have a character breakfast scheduled there.

I wish I could give you better advice but most of those are firsts for me as well!!!! I do know that all of the ones you have are highly recommended & I know alot of people who have eaten there! :thumbsup2

I have to say it again -- you look great!!!!! I can tell by your picture that you are happier & have more energy! You are just beaming! Congrats on all the weight loss & good luck with the rest before your trip! With the walking & zumba, I'm sure you will be able to reach your goal!!! :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes

Thanks! I am so much happier and the energy is phenomenal!

Thanks for all the great information! You have me so excited for Coral Reef. I love seafood and I knew Jeremy would love the atmosphere. As long as there is a steak on the menu, Tom will be happy.

I am right there with you on the Mexico restaurants. The menu looks great for the new one but Jeremy really wants to eat at the one by the ride. It should be fun.

Boma is great. I love the hummus and salads. You should give it a try.

I am not a big breakfast fan--the boys are! I only booked two this trip for the characters. Tusker House is new for us but we have eaten Chef Mickey's every trip since we started staying on property. The characters are there for breakfast and dinner---we prefer breakfast. Dinner was just okay in my opinion. I think they offer lunch during free dining in the fall and I am not sure about whether or not the characters are there. Sorry I couldn't be of more help. Can't wait to hear your thoughts about Cape May breakfast. It gets great reviews. I may add it to our trip in November. Will defintely let you know about the seafood clam bake buffet!

You will like Garden Grill. It is a favorite of mine and Jeremy's. The characters are great here. They usually make it to your table more than once and seem to be more personable than at other character dinners. Plus, it is fun eating in the rotating restaurant and going by Living with the Land.

I will defintely get a picture of Jeremy doing Just Dance and share it here! ;)

First off let me say Congratulations on the weight loss!!:cheer2: That is so great. Glad you are not having anymore knee problems.:thumbsup2

I have a gym membership (that I use sparingly) but have been going a lot in the past 3 weeks to get in shape for our trip next month. I have to say I feel so much better when I work out. Sometimes it is the time it takes but I just have to take the time & go. My job can get in the way at times.:sad2:

That must be tough to not drink anything with meals. I always have to have something to drink when I am eating so not sure how I would do with that!

I always have a hard time deciding whether to get the dining plan or not. I was not going to get it with this next trip but I got a discount on it along with the room so I decided to. My boys are 22 & 18 & love to eat (along with DH) so we do get our moneys worth.

DH & I ate at Cape May last year for breakfast & dinner. Both were awesome. I do not do clams but everything on the buffet was great. A lot to choose from.
We also did Tusker House breakfast for the first time last year & it was wonderful. Our server Neil was so great and the food & juice was so very good. I would recommend it to everyone. We love Boma. We have not been to Coral Reef since our trip in 1999 but we did enjoy it there. I have been reading some bad reviews & some good reviews. We also love Mama Melroses & will be returning there next month. We have never tried Whispering Canyon or Garden Grill but want to try both at some point.

First off let me say Congratulations on the weight loss!!:cheer2: That is so great. Glad you are not having anymore knee problems.:thumbsup2

I have a gym membership (that I use sparingly) but have been going a lot in the past 3 weeks to get in shape for our trip next month. I have to say I feel so much better when I work out. Sometimes it is the time it takes but I just have to take the time & go. My job can get in the way at times.:sad2:

That must be tough to not drink anything with meals. I always have to have something to drink when I am eating so not sure how I would do with that!

I always have a hard time deciding whether to get the dining plan or not. I was not going to get it with this next trip but I got a discount on it along with the room so I decided to. My boys are 22 & 18 & love to eat (along with DH) so we do get our moneys worth.

DH & I ate at Cape May last year for breakfast & dinner. Both were awesome. I do not do clams but everything on the buffet was great. A lot to choose from.
We also did Tusker House breakfast for the first time last year & it was wonderful. Our server Neil was so great and the food & juice was so very good. I would recommend it to everyone. We love Boma. We have not been to Coral Reef since our trip in 1999 but we did enjoy it there. I have been reading some bad reviews & some good reviews. We also love Mama Melroses & will be returning there next month. We have never tried Whispering Canyon or Garden Grill but want to try both at some point.

Thanks! You get used to not drinking with meals. It took some time but it seems normal now.

I priced the dining plan out last night compared to some of the meals we had planned. I will probably go ahead and get it and see how it goes this trip. :confused3 Too many decisions to make.

Glad to hear you like Cape May. I love seafood so I know that will be good. I think I am going to try to get a ressie for breakfast when we go in November.

I have heard great things about Tusker House so I am looking forward to that one. Glad to hear that you liked Mama Melrose. Of all my ressies, that was my least favorite. I booked it for the fantasmic package.

Day 3 Summer Trip-4th of July

I was so excited to spend the 4th of July at Disney World. We usually don't do a lot on the 4th. Many years Tom has been working and we have just stayed at home. However, this year we were going to be at Disney World and I could hardly wait.

We got up that morning and made rope drop at DHS. For some reason, there is not a lot of pictures this day. My camera kept giving me fits and this could have been one of those days. We made it to TSM, rode standby and got our fastpasses for later in the day.

We then hit a first, the Great Movie Ride. We got the gangster side. Now, I know this ride gets mixed reviews, but my family loved it. Afterwards, we headed to another newbie...Castastrophie Canyon and the Backlot Tour. It was time for our fastpass for TSM so we rode it again and got another for later in the day. This is the only picture I have from that morning. :confused3

IMG_3779.jpg

I know we did Voyage of the Little Mermaid before lunch but I really think that was it. We had an early lunch at 50's Prime Time. We got there early as the heavens opened and it started pouring buckets of rain! :scared1: We were soon seated. Now, we got some Cousin (guy) who was not very fun which was okay as I figured Jeremy would not enjoy the antics since he wasn't into it the night before at Whispering Canyon Cafe. I know I ordered meatloaf and Tom had the fried chicken. If we ever eat here again, I will NEVER order the meatloaf. I ended up eating part of Tom's chicken which he agreed was not that great. Really, this restaurant was not great other than dessert. The brownie sundae is delicious here. It was worth the entire bad lunch to get one of those.

After lunch, we headed to Indiana Jones (another first). Jeremy loved this show. After Indie, we head to another newbie for us (can you tell that in the past we never did a lot at DHS---not one of our favorites)---the Muppets.

IMG_3826.jpg

I loved the muppets when I was a child and the show did not disappoint. Jeremy loved it!

We also saw Walt Disney, One Man's Dream. Is that what it is called? We found this our last trip and it is a must. I absolutely love this attraction. We actually watched the movie this time which made it even better.

It was getting close to time for the parade so we found a spot on Main Street. While we were waiting, we got some pre-show entertainment. It was hilarious. Is this called Streetmosphere?

IMG_3787.jpg

IMG_3790.jpg

IMG_3791.jpg

All of the actors were hilarious and kept us entertained until time for the parade.

Note: I had another post ready to continue on this day and just lost it all thanks to this computer!!!

Up Next:

Parade and will the rain ever stop?

Great update Erika! We also had lunch at 50s PTC...we thought it was just 'OK'.

We also enjoyed the Great Movie Ride...both times going, we have had the 'gangster' side...maybe this trip will be different!?

I did do a TR from July but kind of let it dwindle...I know....shame on me! lol ;)

Here's the link: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2509951

I'm hoping that DH will be willing to look more into DVC while we are there.....DVC sounds like a great 30th Bday Gift don't you think!!?? lol ;)

I want to try and catch some of the Streetmosphere skits the next time I'm in DHS, they sound like such a hoot!

The menu at 50's PrimeTime has never appealed to me. From your review it doesn't sound like I'm missing out on much.

Great update Erika! We also had lunch at 50s PTC...we thought it was just 'OK'.

We also enjoyed the Great Movie Ride...both times going, we have had the 'gangster' side...maybe this trip will be different!?

I did do a TR from July but kind of let it dwindle...I know....shame on me! lol ;)

Here's the link: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2509951

I'm hoping that DH will be willing to look more into DVC while we are there.....DVC sounds like a great 30th Bday Gift don't you think!!?? lol ;)

:thumbsup2I think DVC would be a great birthday gift for you!!! We need to get DH on board!

I am going over now to check out your trip from this past summer. I really hate it that we missed meeting each other.

I want to try and catch some of the Streetmosphere skits the next time I'm in DHS, they sound like such a hoot!

The menu at 50's PrimeTime has never appealed to me. From your review it doesn't sound like I'm missing out on much.

No, 50's was not what I expected. The atmosphere is nice but the food, not so much.

You definitely have to check out the Streetmosphere sometime. They are hilarious.

Need some help!

Alright, you notice I have switched colors. For my sanity this will help differentiate the trips I am talking about. Why red? Well, I need some help with my Thanksgiving --Get me in the Christmas Spirit-- Trip.

I know, I know, I don't even have summer 2010 report done or the planning for summer 2011 and I am talking about Christmas. :sad2:

Here's the thing. My 7 day window opens next week to book DVC. Right now, I could only book a studio for 2 nights at BLT for when we are going. We are planning to be there the Sunday before Thanksgiving until the Monday afterwards--8 nights. I did wait list the rest of the time, however I really don't want to stay at BLT again since we will be there this summer. I am hoping to get something else at the 7 month window.

Here is where I need some advice. Has anyone ever stayed at the Boardwalk, VWL, or BC during that time of year and what are the decorations like? We have stayed at the WL so I sort of know what to expect at VWL. I would love to stay at the BC however I am concerned about the weather and whether or not we would get any use out of Stormalong Bay. DS really wants to stay at the Boardwalk---he actually likes the Clown Pool!

I would even consider OKW or SSR but have no clue what these resorts are like.

Please help. I am so perplexed and overwhelmed. I am usually a better planner and I am sooooo behind this time. To make matters worse, the 7 month window opens while I am at a conference next week so I am not sure if I can get out of it to make the ressie. Tom may have to and if so, I have to get everything in order this weekend so he will know what to do.

Can you tell I am stressing?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter