Fireworks: By Castle or IASW???

tinkermell

<font color=purple>Th boards are going nuts!<br><f
Those of you who have seen Holiday Fireworks...where is the best viewing?? By Castle or Small World? Kind of would like to sit by SW, and also take in the light show, but some people are saying DL is doing special effects in front of Castle this year. Anybody seen both sides this year already? Thanks! :tinker:

We saw the fireworks on Nov 3rd and the best place (IMO) would be infront of the castle. I don't want to give it away for those that want a surprise but in front of the castle would be the best spot.

We watched the fireworks last Friday from an area near small world - there were some fireworks going on to our left (shot off from behind the castle rather than behind Toontown) so I think the best viewing would be from Main Street, where those castle fireworks would appear to be integrated with the others rather than way off to the side.

During the anniversary we viewed them from both, and i really enjoyed watching them from IASW ( try to be close to the front on the far right hand side). The Cms were really good at "cueing" the group to look behind them when tink flew, or they shot the "cannon" off of the Matterhorn.

Judy from Boise said:
During the anniversary we viewed them from both, and i really enjoyed watching them from IASW ( try to be close to the front on the far right hand side). The Cms were really good at "cueing" the group to look behind them when tink flew, or they shot the "cannon" off of the Matterhorn.
Hey Judy from Boise, We will be going there next month, so it will be the Holiday Fireworks. I never got to see the anniversary fireworks, as all of our money was spent on our first trip to WDW. I was bummed that I didn't get to see them, and now since I'm going in December, I still won't be seeing them. Oh well. Next time! Do you know anything about viewing the Holiday Fireworks? Another Disney Board said something about new special effects, and I'm just trying to find out the scoop. Thanks! :tinker:

I've always watched the fireworks infront of the castle. I always try to be infront of the hub, on the right side, just before the trees so you have a perfect view of everything.

ill check out the fireworks from the IASW area on Friday i guess... or whenever i work at Fantasyland this week

I know in the past one of the holiday specials was shooting off fireworks "in the round", and of course snow. The snow works fine at IASW. Of course the other effect isn't quite as "wow" from anywhere else than in front of the castle. Albort will have to scope out the new stuff.
I just have a low tolerance for waiting past about 40 minutes........so great castle viewing hasn't been in my past!

I prefer the castle view. If you just hang out on Main St., you'll get a great view, and there's plenty of room there on the street once they close it off.

The snow is my favorite part. :love:

i know for the 50th when dream comes true fireworks, the castle was waaaay better than IASW, but no tinker bell flying or the laser show... so the castle isnt as magnificent as it was...

The Castle is firing many more fireworks for Believe in Holiday Magic '06, than ever before during this show, literally almost as many as Remember... did!

I suggest watching it from the Central Plaza/Hub.
Anything closer is too close IMO.

In a few days, I am looking forward to seeing BiHM 2006 along Small World mall though.
You do miss much of the Castle pyro, but being thatclose to ToonTown is always great for the fireworks... and the snow along the Small World Mall, viewed from the upper level... is always wonderful! :cool1:

I love being closer to the Booms at IASW. At WDW we always watch from Fantasyland for the same reason.

I would have to say in front of the castle or Main Street is you best spot for the best overall experience of the entire show.

In front of the castle. Its crowded and always hard to find a spot. But its worth it IMO.

*bump*

I got a glimpse of the fireworks at IASW... to be honest, its really good... i even think its better than front of the castle....

Misskitty3 said:
We saw the fireworks on Nov 3rd and the best place (IMO) would be infront of the castle. I don't want to give it away for those that want a surprise but in front of the castle would be the best spot.

Ditto. Get there early and pick a spot. You will love it pixiedust:

wendypooh22 said:
I apologize up front for the dumb question, but how early is early?? :confused3

Thanks....

around 1-2 hours before i guess...

heres a interesting tip, the front of the castle seats are supposively "standing areas ONLY" they will force everyone to stand up around 15-30 min before the fireworks start (AKA lots of mad guest since everyone is sitting down). Try to sneak in then if you can and want to take that risk :)

Albort said:
around 1-2 hours before i guess...

heres a interesting tip, the front of the castle seats are supposively "standing areas ONLY" they will force everyone to stand up around 15-30 min before the fireworks start (AKA lots of mad guest since everyone is sitting down). Try to sneak in then if you can and want to take that risk :)

There are also curved cement benches around the front of the castle, just as you cross the street from the round about to the castle entry. What we did was to find a place early to sit on the curb of the round-about and then we watched for someone to get up and leave from that bench area. We had the best seats and didn't have people pushing and shoving around us sitting in the front of the castle.

good luck. Hope you get a great seat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter