Finnegan's Reservation cancelled(not by me)

bsiev1977

Mouseketeer
I received an email at 12:42AM, from the Team Captain at Finnegan's, saying that they are not accepting reservations between 3pm and 6pm on HHN nights and that mine was being automatically cancelled.

Before I respond to this with my complaints, I'm curious to know if anyone else has received a similar notice.

If this means that the holding areas will be different this year, I'm not going to worry about the rez.

If I'm still going to be hanging out outside Finnegan's as was the case last year, I mean to have my reservation.

this is the first i have read about that....

i'll be watching your thread as i have reservations set on 3 different dates during hhn.

came back to add that maybe finnegans will be a walk in set up for the hhn nights.
maybe there were too many complaints about people being locked out of a table for the prime seating times.

Last edited:
Mine was canceled too....

Good Evening,

Thank you for considering Finnegan’s Bar & Grill as your first choice to dine during Halloween Horror Nights. We are not accepting reservations between 3 PM and 6 PM. Your reservation currently falls within this time frame and will be automatically cancelled.

If you would like to reschedule your reservation for another time, you can visit us here or feel free to reply to this email or email my supervisor atDanielle.Andreassen@UniversalOrlando.com

Thank you for understanding,

Bradley Leon

Team Captain

Finnegan’s Bar & Grill

Bradley.Leon@UniversalOrlando.com

Received the same email. Still thinking of how to reply to the personal email.
That's why I was waiting to see if anyone else got the same thing. If the holding area is going to me in a different place this year, I'm not really worried about the reservation. I only booked Finnegan's cause that's where I ended up last year.

I just emailed the supervisor listed in the email we received.

Simply to respectfully ask for more reasoning as to why they've made this decision.

Got the same email...stinks as I had 4 reservations at 4:30 each day we were attending HHN...guess we'll have to wait with the masses :sad2:

I will be sending an email too.

Last year we had a reservation for Lombards before a HHN and I even got a reminder email the day of the reservation. When we got to Lombards, the restaurant was closed!! We hapened to see a worker in the lobby and flagged him down and he got the manager. We were given the excuse that Open Table took the reservation even though they were not open. He called and got us into Finnegans, which we weren't thrilled about since we had eaten there the night before. So, maybe they're being proactive about notifying people, unlike they did to us last year.

I just emailed the supervisor listed in the email we received.

Simply to respectfully ask for more reasoning as to why they've made this decision.

have you heard back from them in regards to your email?
hope you have an answer for us in their explanation of this cancelation that many are going through.

i'm still thinking that they had a lot of complaints on people that were shut out of a time they wanted.
reservations filled up and some filed complaining emails to uo.

now disney would never do that..........
listen to complaints and change the adr system... :rolleyes2

have you heard back from them in regards to your email?
hope you have an answer for us in their explanation of this cancelation that many are going through.

i'm still thinking that they had a lot of complaints on people that were shut out of a time they wanted.
reservations filled up and some filed complaining emails to uo.

now disney would never do that..........
listen to complaints and change the adr system... :rolleyes2
No, nothing back yet. I emailed the supervisor that the guy referenced in his email on Monday, and no response.

At this point, I'm a little miffed at the lack of attention on this.

I'm going to try replying directly to the Team Captain that sent the original message.

The only acceptable answer to me personally would be that the holding area will not be near Finnegan's this year. In that case, I can accept the cancelled reservation.

If they just decided to not do reservations, that I don't accept. I made my reservation back in June as soon as I knew which night would be my HHN night.

I should say, it's not like I'll be heartbroken not to eat at Finnegan's. It was just a convenient option for waiting out the holding time before HHN opens.

It's how the issue is being handled that bothers me.

Last edited:
Reactions: HM
could be they are sending out the cancellation emails per date you have them.

don't worry, if they are cancelling them all out, you'll be contacted in advance.

maybe they plan to do a set dinner like they have at hollywood?

I received the cancellation email, and I emailed the supervisor. I have not received a reply. However, I went back to my original email confirmation and clicked on the Modify Reservation button. When the page opened, it looks like the reservation is still there. I made a slight change in the spelling of my name and saved the reservation. I immediately received an email confirming the modification of my reservation. So, I'm not sure if my reservation was cancelled or not. And I'm afraid to call and ask...

Still no response from either the Team Captain or his supervisor.

At this point, I'll admit to being a little miffed at the lack of response from either person.
So, if they can't be bothered to respond to a customer complaint, I've decided if the holding area is near Finnegan's as it was last year I'm just going to show up with my confirmation number and see if they'll still refuse me at that point.

I called Finnegan's to "confirm" my existing reservation for 9/26, and was told that the restaurant will be open during the S&S time but in order to manage the 200-300 people who will be in the area before HHN opens, they are only seating tables first-come/first-served.

I don't see how this helps with the crowds at Finnegan's or how it lessens the crowds at the bar area, but that's the explanation I was given.

Has anyone had their reservation honoured since last post was made.

I had heard of someone posting on another site they still have their reservation???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter