Finishing up 13 day trip- noticeably more security

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by palmtreelover08, Aug 27, 2013.

1. palmtreelover08

palmtreelover08 DIS Veteran

I have never seen so many fully dressed security guards/police. I come 1-3 times a year and have never seen so many security people (other than bag checkers)-- there was police at soaring during the evening last night (by fast pass return for example).. And many other police and security just walking about in the last two weeks. Anyone else notice or know why? For the record I have never seen the undercover security that some people speak of and this trip- I still did not see them.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. BillSears

BillSears DIS Veteran

They are just there to enforce the Fastpass return times. :lmao:

4. larryz

larryz A few of my favorite turrets... DIS Lifetime Sponsor

Or maybe to quell the riots when FP+ users realize they only get 3 reserved FP+s....

5. kandb

kandb DIS Veteran

To arrest the people who are double-dipping with fastpasses by using fp+ and regular fastpasses? ;)

6. Sheilby

Sheilby Labels aren't my thing

I hope I don't see that when I go in Nov, that will really curb my enjoyment. It's bad enough I have to give up my 4th amendment rights in order to fly. When I actually get into Disney I would prefer to at least pretend I don't live in a police state. Can't they at least be undercover to maintain the illusion?

7. Sheilby

Sheilby Labels aren't my thing

:rotfl: That must be it.

8. GetGlowing

GetGlowing DIS Veteran

I noticed the same in July.

9. PrincessV

PrincessV DIS Veteran

Ditto. I've really seen a noticeable uptick in visible security at WDW since the bombings at the Boston Marathon. I'm a semi-local and have been visiting WDW often for 20 years, so I've seen security go from seemingly nothing (of course, it's always been there, just in a less visible state) to the current state... and this summer has had, by far, the most visible security presence I've ever seen.