Finishing up 13 day trip- noticeably more security

palmtreelover08

DIS Veteran
I have never seen so many fully dressed security guards/police. I come 1-3 times a year and have never seen so many security people (other than bag checkers)-- there was police at soaring during the evening last night (by fast pass return for example).. And many other police and security just walking about in the last two weeks. Anyone else notice or know why? For the record I have never seen the undercover security that some people speak of and this trip- I still did not see them.

Or maybe to quell the riots when FP+ users realize they only get 3 reserved FP+s....

To arrest the people who are double-dipping with fastpasses by using fp+ and regular fastpasses? ;)

I have never seen so many fully dressed security guards/police. I come 1-3 times a year and have never seen so many security people (other than bag checkers)-- there was police at soaring during the evening last night (by fast pass return for example).. And many other police and security just walking about in the last two weeks. Anyone else notice or know why? For the record I have never seen the undercover security that some people speak of and this trip- I still did not see them.

I hope I don't see that when I go in Nov, that will really curb my enjoyment. It's bad enough I have to give up my 4th amendment rights in order to fly. When I actually get into Disney I would prefer to at least pretend I don't live in a police state. Can't they at least be undercover to maintain the illusion?

I noticed the same in July.

Ditto. I've really seen a noticeable uptick in visible security at WDW since the bombings at the Boston Marathon. I'm a semi-local and have been visiting WDW often for 20 years, so I've seen security go from seemingly nothing (of course, it's always been there, just in a less visible state) to the current state... and this summer has had, by far, the most visible security presence I've ever seen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter