Finishing Touches Placed on the Holiday Inn in the Walt Disney World® Resort

Thanks for sharing! We stayed there when it was a Courtyard. It looks like it was worth the wait.

We are here now. We checked in yesterday. They are still working out some kinks but in a week or so I'm sure all will be flowing smoothly. It's less dramatic than it looks in the renderings but really nice and I love the location. The rooms are really big and we have a wonderful view of downtown Disney from the 14th (top) floor. Here are some pics we took yesterday upon arriving!

More when we return!

Looks nice. I know many DISers were looking forward to your review and photos, so thanks for posting them and have a great vacation!

Thanks so much for posting pics so quickly! :thumbsup2 We have the opportunity to stay here in March, and seeing first hand pictures will help make the decision much easier!!

Is the pool a zero entry? How comfy are the beds?

Cheers!

Stephanie

It's not much, but I found this today:

Holiday Inn opens in Walt Disney World Resort

http://www.citmagazine.com/News/MostEmailed/984821/Holiday-Inn-opens-Walt-Disney-World-Resort/

CHRISTY WYATT, 18 February 2010

Holiday Inn has opened a hotel in the Walt Disney World Resort in Orlando.
The 14-storey, 323-room property is the latest property to be part of the $1bn global relaunch of the Holiday Inn brand.

Holiday Inn regional vice-president of operations and general manager Tony Johnson said: "Our opening could not come at a better time, with a brand that customers know and trust. Being on Disney property and maintaining high standards will assure we achieve the highest marks possible from our customers and our industry."

The property offers the Palm Breezes Restaurant, complimentary transport to all the Walt Disney World theme parks, guaranteed access and preferred tee times at the resort's golf courses.

The hotel also offers a fitness complex, a jogging and exercise path, swimming and lap pools, an outdoor hot tub and sun deck, and a games room.

Stephanie,
CherylA's husband here... The beds are super-comfy. The pool is listed as zero-entry, but we haven't confirmed, as it has been too cold to go anywhere near the pool. Will check on it after the girls go down for the night

[...]
The hotel also offers a fitness complex, a jogging and exercise path, swimming and lap pools, an outdoor hot tub and sun deck, and a games room.[/I]

Fitness "complex" is a bit of an overstatement. The fitness room consists of (2) recumbent bikes, (2) elliptical machines, (2) treadmills, (1) scale, (1) television...

Stephanie,
CherylA's husband here... The beds are super-comfy. The pool is listed as zero-entry, but we haven't confirmed, as it has been too cold to go anywhere near the pool. Will check on it after the girls go down for the night

Thanks! :banana::banana::banana:

Thanks for posting the photos and it looks great so far. Please give a detailed review when you get back. I may book this hotel for one night before moving on to the Disney hotel I'm staying at on a package. Arriving later in the day, it doesn't make sense to pay for another night at a Deluxe when the day is almost over. The location to DTD seems great.

Thanks for posting the photos and it looks great so far. Please give a detailed review when you get back. I may book this hotel for one night before moving on to the Disney hotel I'm staying at on a package. Arriving later in the day, it doesn't make sense to pay for another night at a Deluxe when the day is almost over. The location to DTD seems great.

OP - please excuse the hijack....disneyfan67 - maybe you should consider at Value for your one night. We usually stay at POP, then bright and early the next morning, we jump in a cab and head on over to our deluxe.

The DME in my opinion is a fantastic idea. I figure that by the time I get transport to my off-site hotel, (an easy $75), then the lodging expense, we just stay on site, get the magic express for free, stay at a value and head on out the next day. I pack a separate overnight bag too, So I only have to unpack the one bag, leaving rest untouch. We have Disney move those bags and that overnight bag comes with us in the cab.

OP, thank you :worship: for allowing the interuption - we have a one night stay in Orlando and are seriously considering the Holiday Inn for this night. I'm not an on-site advocate, trolling the off-site threads....I promise :goodvibes :goodvibes :lmao:

Zero-Entry pictures:

IMG_3827.jpg

IMG_3826.jpg

Thanks so much TonyB! Helps us make a decision :goodvibes

On the website it lists a 10$ per day parking fee - is that correct???

Stephanie

Zero-Entry pictures:

IMG_3827.jpg

IMG_3826.jpg

Thanks for posting those pics and that zero entry pool has damn near the same look as the one at the Polynesian resort. What I mean is the entrance of it and how it is curved similar, but without the volcano of course.;)

This hotel is looking like a real nice addition to the resort offerings at DTD and the price isn't too bad either. From what I have been reading the hotel was fully rebuilt down to the steel infrastructure, so it should be in good shape for quite awhile. Hopefully it will be a great alternative to those on a budget who don't want to stay at a Disney value, but also don't want to pay the prices Disney wants for a mod or a Deluxe. Competition is a good thing in my book.

We stayed her in the 80's when it was a Howard Johnsons. :lmao: I am sure it is quite different now. :goodvibes Penny

We stayed her in the 80's when it was a Howard Johnsons. :lmao: I am sure it is quite different now. :goodvibes Penny

Penny- it was the 80's when we stayed there to. Do you have and photos of the hotel back then? I remember water fountains in the lobby.

cant wait...we are staying there in March!

Due to an internet mishap i got a weeks reservation at this HI for $1.73 a night back in 2005.....They moved Ressie to Sharaton Safari because the hotel would not be opening in time to honor the Ressie...Little did I know it would take 5 years to finish......Still best deal I ever had 15.00 after taxes for a week in a Deluxe Pool View Room.....!!!!!!!!

Due to an internet mishap i got a weeks reservation at this HI for $1.73 a night back in 2005.....They moved Ressie to Sharaton Safari because the hotel would not be opening in time to honor the Ressie...Little did I know it would take 5 years to finish......Still best deal I ever had 15.00 after taxes for a week in a Deluxe Pool View Room.....!!!!!!!!
What a great story! I've never heard the term "internet mishap" before:rotfl: And they actually honored the price? Wow. There isn't a pin code around that can beat that:sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter