Finding lost relatives (Doncaster area)

Discussion in 'UK Community Board' started by Poohshoney, Jul 27, 2003.

1. Poohshoney

Poohshoney <font color=6666CC>Ya-ya sister!<br><font color=gr

Hi!
    I'm trying to find relatives who live(d?) in the Doncaster area. I'm not doing so well. Anyone got any suggestions? I'd be VERY grateful! :wave:

2. mkingdon

mkingdon Obsessed...and admits it!!

I'd try www.friendsreunited.co.uk.

Lots of us Brits have registered on here, and it may help you find your friends.

Good Luck

Craig

3. UKDEB

UKDEB Moderator Emeritus Moderator

My best friend is from that area. Not sure that that helps any, but you never know! Who are you looking for?

4. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  5. floridamum

floridamum floridaholic

Im from the Doncaster area, what part of Doncaster did or do your relatives live in, there are a lot of areas of Doncaster, but you never know it might be near where I am.

6. Poohshoney

Thanks for the help! I really appreciate it. I'd love to find my aunt, my father's sister. They were estranged and then my parents divorced. I haven't seen her in thirty years but I have very fond memories of her.
    I think she must be around 70, her name is Norah (I think it's with an H) Cunningham, nee Spencer. She married Anthony (again, I think it's with an H) Cunningham and they had one son called Alan, he must be in his mid-forties now. I know he married and had a son but that's all.

My grandparents lived in Doncaster, I remember the bus journey to see my aunt was quite a long one but then I was only little, everything seems long when you're little! I have no idea where we went any more, sorry. I wish I did.

I'm going to check that link now - thanks again for all your help! :D :D :D

7. Mpet

Mpet Mouseketeer

Hi

You may have already tried this, but a good start is to look through the telephone directories (online) http://www.bt.com/directory-enquiries/ It will only show people that are not ex-directory, but it's a start.

A quick look for A Cunningham in Doncaster brings up 6 entries. You could call or write. I have used this approach when researching my family tree - I got some great responses.

Good Luck

Maxine

8. Poohshoney

Thanks Maxine! I've drafted my letter and got my stamps - I've got such butterflies! I'll post if I find them! :D

9. lisag1

lisag1 Mouseketeer

Why don't you try the electoral roll. You can look on www.192.com. or if you visit friendsreunited they have a new site called genesreunited where you can list your family tree and search for members.

Good luck

Lisa

10. Poohshoney

Thanks Lisa, I will! :D