Finding if rooms still available...

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by misslizzy1973, Mar 20, 2013.

1. misslizzy1973

misslizzy1973 Mouseketeer

I booked my cruise through Disney. I have seen on a few threads people can go somewhere and see what rooms are still available on the ship. I was thinking of upgrading. Where would I go to see what has been sold out and what is still available? I am sailing the Magic on May 10th.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. 1153rsmith

1153rsmith DIS Veteran

The only way I know is to go to the webite and fill in the information like you are going to book a room. Once you select the category, you can go to the section to select the specific room to see what rooms are still available.

If there is another way, I am not aware of it.

4. Justacruiser

Justacruiser Military Veteran

you can actually try to book another cruise and select the categoty you want. You will SOME room numbers that available in that category. You can actually put in a specific room number to see if it is available. You can exit out before you book.

You could also call Customer Service if you wish.

5. 1153rsmith

1153rsmith DIS Veteran

I just looked and there are guaranteed rates for each category of room, so there are probably a fair number of rooms still available.

6. jjje

jjje One time I saw a guy wear cut-off jean shorts to d

I don't really understand the way the system works. The day before our cruise I checked and saw that there were 12 different types of rooms available for booking. When we got to the port and I asked about a room upgrade I was told the cruise was sold out and nothing was available. I was scratching my head over that one.

7. Meghatron

Meghatron DIS Veteran

You should not have been able to check on the website the day before you sailed, as they pull everything three days before embarkation. You can call and find out that way. I suspect all those rooms were sold or given to people internally through DCL for whatever reason (volunteer chaplain, management booking, etc.).

8. JKSWonder

JKSWonder Twelve plus trips and counting

I think you are talking about www.cruisefish.net . You can look up and see how full a ship is and whether or not prices have gone up or down.

Just go to the site, click on Finder, click on Disney Cruise Line, then your ship, then the itinerary. It will list all the sail dates with a percentage showing cabin availability. If you click on the sale date, it will also tell you if prices have gone up or down (Red up, Green down).

Using this site, I can see my 8/16/14 Western still has 90% availability and the price has increased.

I'm not sure if it gives availability by room category, but the more overall availability there is (like 90%), the more likely that all categories are likely still available. You can also search on DCL for each category separately as suggested by others above.

Edited to add: I just looked and if you click on individual cruise dates, it will tell you which categories are still available and which are sold out.

9. jjje

jjje One time I saw a guy wear cut-off jean shorts to d

Hmm, Maybe it wasn't the day before I sailed. I guess I'm remembering it wrong. Well, whenever it checked shortly before the cruise it looked like there were lots of rooms available. Not that we cared, we loved our tiny inside room. :) I was just confused by how it worked.

10. Meghatron

Meghatron DIS Veteran

It is incredibly confusing! Most of the WBPC meet thread has *GT bookings and we keep checking every day to see how inventory is changing. Some days, there's all categories, then there's only concierge, then ALL concierge are gone overnight (at $14K+ each!), then they're back and only insides are available... it's maddening!

11. misslizzy1973

Unless I am totally looking at it wrong, even though it says the pricing went up it still looks cheaper than what I paid through Disney. Should I call them? Will they do anything?

12. 1153rsmith

1153rsmith DIS Veteran

It never hurts to ask. If you don't like the first answer, call back later. You might get the same answer, or you might get a different one.

13. Lisa Lisa

Lisa Lisa DIS Veteran

If you are considering upgrading, I would pull up your reservation on DCL's site and go through the motions of modifying it. You can always back out without saving if you change your mind. This way, you will see not only what categories/rooms are still available, but how much it would cost you to upgrade. The prices are locked for your cruise date the day you book. If it's past your PIF and current pricing is lower, you would have to cancel (and incur the applicable penalties) to take advantage of the lower price.

14. misslizzy1973

That was very helpful, thanks!

15. OrangeCountyCommuter

OrangeCountyCommuter DIS Veteran

Thanks. That is a great site. My ship is only 41% full surprised there has not been some discounts

16. Meghatron

Meghatron DIS Veteran

I thought the percentage they show you is how much is left to book, not how much is already booked? So your cruise would be 59% full, with 41% available?

17. Tooth Fairy

Tooth Fairy DIS Veteran

Check out the FAQ page (at very bottom of homepage)on cruisefish.net It states that the precentages are "an indication of available cabin catagories, not ship occupancy"

18. OrangeCountyCommuter

OrangeCountyCommuter DIS Veteran

Either way that is not great. Since it is a Med cruise if wont get a lot of late booking out of DCLs core marketplace

19. PrincessShmoo

PrincessShmoo DIS Veteran

Exactly so. As long as there is one room within any specific category available, that category will show 100% available.

20. JKSWonder

JKSWonder Twelve plus trips and counting

Yes, it shows availability, so if it says 41%, that is the % still available categories to be booked. My cruise is 90% open....makes sense since its a year and a half away.

21. DillWaters

DillWaters Mouseketeer

Availability by category only though. 59% does not mean 59% of the rooms are available. It means that 59% of the categories have at least one room available.