Finding a travel agent

sam_gordon

DIS Veteran
No, not Disney related. THOSE plans I'll make on my own.

DW and I want to take a cruise for our 20th anniversary next year. Since we've never been on a cruise, we're looking for a travel agent to help us out. The problem is we're having a hard time finding one.

I put out an email at work in November. Got eight responses all for the same lady. Great, right? I contacted her, she asked a bunch of questions about what we like/want etc and said November was too early for 2013 cruises and she'd get back in touch in the spring.

The beginning of March, I contact her again (figuring she just forgot about us... happens, no big deal) saying I'm seeing cruises being released and do we need to book soon? Her answer... "prices don't drop like they should, I would book in the next month." That was it. No "sorry I haven't gotten back in touch with you" or anything acknowledging we had a prior conversation (and I had replied to an email from November to freshen her memory).

So I give it a week and list 4 cruises we were looking out. The response then... "I don't like NCL, other than that it's up to you." OK, if she doesn't want to help, she doesn't have to.

DW asks at her work and the only person that replied pointed her to a Carnival Cruise agent (who would naturally be biased).

So, how do I find a good agent. DW & I live in a small town about 20 minutes from the larger city (although not a big city) where we both work. We are AAA members.

I don't mind doing research and have joined cruisecritic.com, but would like someone to "look out for us" type of stuff.

Any ideas?

Thanks

You may want to look fro a local Cruise Holidays franchise. I used a local franchise for several years and was always happy with the level of knowledge and service rendered.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter