Finally Time to Make ADRs! Suggestions?

Bearvet

DIS Veteran
I taking 2 friends (adult women) to WDW for their first time in November and it's time to make our ADRs! They're coming over today so we can go over everything - I've given them Birnbaum and Unofficial Guide to read, so I hope they have some ideas of what they'd like to do.

Money is tight, so we'll plan on 3 TS restaurants. We're staying off site and I've planned which day to go to which park based on UG best days, avoiding EMH, avoiding MVMCP, etc. So here are the 3 TS I've selected - do you think these will be good for first timers?

Chef Mickey - arrival night (they have to meet the Mouse and I think CM will put them in the Disney mood!)

50's Prime Time (late lunch) - Based on their personalities, I think they'll enjoy this.

Crystal Palace (late lunch) - they couldn't decide which characters they wanted to see more, so I'm going to use some Disney rewards to help with the cost of this.

I figured with late lunches we can snack mid-morning and in the evening (if we need to) and lunch will be less expensive than dinner.

We'll do CS in Epcot and AK and eat a few meals in our condo.

So, they're coming over today so we can finalize ADRs and I'll call afterward. So, any suggestions, comments, etc.? If you really had to watch every penny and could only choose 3 TS for first-timers, what would you pick?

BTW we're going Nov 11-18!

I think Chef Mickeys is a great idea to get things going.

Not sure about the 50's Prime Time. If I'm going to do a lat lunch at MGM, I prefer to get a Cobb Salad at Brown Derby.

Crystal Palace is nice. The only downside is its a second Character meal and buffet. Sometimes you can get the feeling of being rushed.

Have you looked at the Gand Floridian for the tea. They serve light fare and the atmosphere is nice. Could be very memorable time.

My three "must-do" restaurants in WDW are:

1. Crystal Palace (dinner)
2. Chefs de France (lunch)
3. Biergarten (dinner)

All three are great!

~Simon :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter