Finally have all my meals planned! (I think lol)

Shelbizzles

Mermaid
I think I finally have most of my meals decided with just a few things left to decide. We have 8 park days and I was hoping you guys could give me any comments, experiences , suggestions on ANY of the restaurants I have listed (good or bad) these are not in any specific order of when we will be eating there just all the ones we will do throughout the trip :)
Also it's an all adults trip. Myself (24) my husband (22) sister in law (19) and then my in laws will be joining for about half of them (40s)
Pictures are always greatly appreciated :D thanks in advance!

Quick Service (we do need a couple more QS suggestions for anywhere in the parks or DD)
Pop Century
Sunshine Seasons
Columbia harbor house
Be Our Guest (Breakfast)
ABC commissary
We also plan on having a "lunch" consisting of Food & Wine booths.

Table Service
Akershus -dinner
Biergarten -Dinner
Rose & Crown -dinner (late enough to to see illuminations)
Be Our Guest -dinner
Sci fi dine in theater -lunch
The Wave... Of American Flavors -lunch
Coral Reef -Dinner
Then the last one is where I have a choice to make and need your help deciding between
San angel inn, The Garden Grill, or Chefs De France

*Quick Service - Animal Kingdom "Flame Tree BBQ" We have a quick service meal there on every trip.
*Quick Service - Magic Kingdom - "Casey's Corner". If you like hotdogs. Love the pork & slaw hotdog.
*Table Service - Disney Hollywood "Sci Fi" is a fun place with a very unique atmosphere. Everyone should go there at least once. For me, the food is just "Okay". Not bad at all, just okay. If I had to choose between Sci Fi and 50's Prime Time Cafe (also at Disney Hollywood), I would choose 50's Prime Time Cafe (Great fried chicken). Sci Fi is worth going to though. Have fun.
*Coral Reef - This place gets a lot of mixed reviews, but our experiences at Coral Reef have been positive. We like it. It has great atmosphere. We really enjoyed our meal. I always get the Baileys & Jack Daniels Chocolate Mousse for dessert. You can taste the alcohol in it, so it may not be for everyone. I'm not a big drinker, but I really like it.

*Table Service - Disney Hollywood "Sci Fi" is a fun place with a very unique atmosphere. Everyone should go there at least once. For me, the food is just "Okay". Not bad at all, just okay. If I had to choose between Sci Fi and 50's Prime Time Cafe (also at Disney Hollywood), I would choose 50's Prime Time Cafe (Great fried chicken).

I've heard 50's food is really good! But I'm a little concerned with the theming of the restaurant. Doesn't seem like something like my family would enjoy.

Is Akershus to see princesses?

We hated Sci Fi for lunch, but I feel your pain because the food choices in DHS are so lacking.

I also see mostly poor reviews of Coral Reef, and there are so many good choices to eat in Epcot's World Showcase.

Between the 3 you have mentioned you are choosing between, I would pick San Angel Inn. The setting is pretty amazing. We ate at Chefs once and it was just ok. As for Garden Grill, same problem I have with Coral Reef. There are all those great choices in World Showcase!

Is Akershus to see princesses?
Yes. It is for the princesses. My sister in law loves belle(it's even her middle name lol) and we want that picture in her ball gown. And Ariel is my favorite and was hoping to meet her without the fin.

Yes. It is for the princesses. My sister in law loves belle(it's even her middle name lol) and we want that picture in her ball gown. And Ariel is my favorite and was hoping to meet her without the fin.

We met both at Akershus years ago. Belle in that yellow ball gown makes for stunning pictures. The food was far better than I expected it to be, but I hear they have gotten rid of the cold bar.

BTW - snacking at the Food and Wine booths is the way to go. You fill up fast, but it is super-fun.

Columbia Harbor House and Sunshine Seasons are two of my favorite CS places.

And Rose and Crown during Illuminations? :thumbsup2 We did this on our first trip. I wouldn't think there's a better location to see Illuminations and the CMs at Rose and Crown are just great.

I think your list sounds great!

just a random set of thoughts:
- your group is 5 people, yeah? Sci-Fi is really fun, a really neat theme and atmosphere. but you're most likely to be seated in pairs, and so conversation might be a bit challenging with an odd number. I really like 50s. the food is much better and the atmosphere is still fun. I think when you check in you could ask for a more relaxed cousin if you don't like that part.

- where are you staying? you might get some good use out of the QS place in your hotel. even for adult-only trips, we still often take afternoon swim breaks.

- this is just a point worth flagging but to see illuminations from R&C you'll want a reservation about 90-100 minutes before the show (so if its at 9, an ADR around 7:15-7:30). and while everyone in the restaurant can watch from the patio (if they're sitting there) or a reserved area (if they're sitting inside) you can't guarantee a table in any particular area in advance.

- your restaurant preferences sound similar to mine: favouring something unique with good theming. because of that, I would pick San angel as your last restaurant. the place is just beautiful, somewhere you couldn't go just anywhere.

have a good trip!

oh something else: I just realized how many of your dinners are in Epcot (plus 2 F&W lunches). are you planning on spending most of your time there? I might mix things up a bit, myself. maybe a hotel meal or two? are you planning an AK day? if so, it's worth fitting in a meal at an AKL restaurant--we love taking a lunch break at Sanaa but you could also do dinner at Boma.

I've heard 50's food is really good! But I'm a little concerned with the theming of the restaurant. Doesn't seem like something like my family would enjoy.

some people love it, some people hate it.....I don't like it because most of the menu is not something I would ever order at a restaurant, when I could have the same and even better food at home.....so I would go with whatever your family likes, and be ok with that...

I think your list sounds great!

just a random set of thoughts:
- your group is 5 people, yeah? Sci-Fi is really fun, a really neat theme and atmosphere. but you're most likely to be seated in pairs, and so conversation might be a bit challenging with an odd number. I really like 50s. the food is much better and the atmosphere is still fun. I think when you check in you could ask for a more relaxed cousin if you don't like that part.

- where are you staying? you might get some good use out of the QS place in your hotel. even for adult-only trips, we still often take afternoon swim breaks.

- this is just a point worth flagging but to see illuminations from R&C you'll want a reservation about 90-100 minutes before the show (so if its at 9, an ADR around 7:15-7:30). and while everyone in the restaurant can watch from the patio (if they're sitting there) or a reserved area (if they're sitting inside) you can't guarantee a table in any particular area in advance.

Yes. Will be 5 @ sci fi. My husband & I ate there on our last trip and really enjoyed it and now my mother in law wants to eat there. I was a little concerned about being five of us. We don't mind being sit in twos but I can't remember if the cars only sit four in total. We don't want someone in a completely different section.

We are staying at Pop century and I do have that listed for a meal. we plan on doing just as you suggested. A lunch there and an afternoon swim :)

Our rose and crown reservation is for 8:30. We were hoping to arrive fairly early and ask for the patio seating. But I'm not sure if we will be able to get it.

Yes. Will be 5 @ sci fi. My husband & I ate there on our last trip and really enjoyed it and now my mother in law wants to eat there. I was a little concerned about being five of us. We don't mind being sit in twos but I can't remember if the cars only sit four in total. We don't want someone in a completely different section.

the cars seat 6 (I'm not sure, but I imagine they wouldn't put you in different sections? there are also some cars that form longer tables--it's possible you'd be seated there in a bigger group? I've only gone as a pair before too, so I'm just guessing on that point :)

As I said, the fried chicken is so good. They have good desserts too. As far as the theme goes, we have never experienced any of the over the top antics you might hear about. I think, if you have a good server, they kinda feel you out to see how far you may want to go with things. Whatever you choose, enjoy & have fun.

For your extra counter services I would suggest Wolfgang Puck Express in DTD. I would recommend a dinner there since you have some lunches already planned. This is a really good use of a QS. We loved the bacon wrapped meatloaf. I would also recommend Chefs de France. We ate dinner at the Wave the first year they were open and have no desire to go back. It wasn't bad just not the type of food we like to eat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter