Finally confirmed and not changing again

crabbie1

DIS Veteran
After weeks of messing about with dates we have finally booked and are sticking to it:cool1: 22-26thAug WLV One bedroom 26th-29th off site 29th-5th sept One bedroom at BLT:woohoo:
Do not know anything about BLT but thought the location to MK and the monorail was a good end to our holiday.
We have booked a lake view.Is it best to ask for a higher floor and if so can I add this to the booking online or will I have to ring.

Sounds like a great trip and I am sure you will love BLT:cool1:

You have to phone to add on requests. If you want to maximise the chance of getting a room where you can actually see the Magic Kingdom ask for an even number, North side:thumbsup2

Personally, I am not bothered about craning round to look at the MK but I do like the outer rim rooms (even number) if its a 1 bedroom - the curve of the building means that those 1 beds are bigger than the ones on the inside curve. I also ask for as high a floor as possible,but don't get your hopes up that any/all of your requests will be honoured as most people ask for the same things, its just your luck really. We once got a MK view studio that was on the 4th floor, south side so under the level of the walkway and monorail even though my request was the exact opposite- what a waste. (I think those rooms are now reclassified as standard view)

Thanks Irene.
I know from past experience that we are not guarenteed requests:happytv: I have always been lucky at AKLV and got high floor near elevators.I never ask for a specific room or view but do prefer a higher floor.
At OKW asked for hospitality house high floor got turtle pond ground floor!!! They did change us As my mom was in a wheelchair and apparently someone had changed our booking as were booked near HH.Anyway still had a ground floor but building 16 which was a great location.SSR Again just asked for a high floor,got ground.
I will ask for high floor even number room at BLT and just a high floor at WLV as apparently all views there are of woods/courtyard or pool which is all ace for us.
I have heard some real performances at hotel lobbys when guests have not got their requests-i must say they have not been from the UK.I was also told that the earlier you book in the more choice you have if you are not happy but as we do not normally get to the resort till 17-1800 hrs its not really possible. We will see but I certainly will not let it ruin our holiday if we dont get any of our requests. Luck of the draw:banana:

Hope you love BLT as much as we do :)

I actually like the real lake views too we like watching the wildlife :goodvibes

There is some scope to add requests at online check in now but not sure of the options for BLT yet.

Hope you love BLT as much as we do :)

I actually like the real lake views too we like watching the wildlife :goodvibes

There is some scope to add requests at online check in now but not sure of the options for BLT yet.

Ahh elise forgot u owned there. It never really appealed to b honest but after looking at the one bedroom and the views plus location and the fact it was availible at the 7 month window i booked it and switched our WLV stay to the beginning and cancelled BWV studio. Still hv points left as well yay.

We much prefer the layout of the BLT one bedrooms to BCV,BWV, VWL etc and the floor to ceiling windows are great.

You can't beat the walk to MK either. :thumbsup2

I think you will have a great time :goodvibes

Cant wait and obv not hvg to by tickets cus of AP and TIW card we only really need flights:scared1:(still hvnt booked but doing so end feb) food spends and universal tickets. Considering what it would hv cost us to book what we hv I think its a bargain though flights double what we paid going november:headache:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter