Finally a Completed List of ADRs

Discussion in 'Disney Dining Reservations' started by shahied, Feb 17, 2013.

1. shahied

shahied Earning My Ears

Ok, so after tweaking my dinner ADRs for the 20th time, I think I finally have a good list. Although, its heavy on buffets (actually all buffets) I hope my DW, DD4, and DS2 will be pleased. The only one I'm skeptical about is Akershus. I know DD will like it, but I fear DW and I will not enjoy the eats there. I really wanted BOG, but I'm having no luck getting a ressie there.

(All Dinner , we're on the regular DP)
    Weds - Crystal Palace
    Thurs - Boma
    Fri - Cape May Clam Bake
    Sat - Chef Mickeys
    Sun - O'Hana
    Mon - Akershus

Your thoughts?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Linda T.

Linda T. DIS Veteran

I just kept trying for Be Our Guest and I finally just got an ADR for July. I will be honest, we ate at Akerhus for breakfast in 2010 and we did not like the food at all - maybe lunch or dinner is better. The princesses were awesome but the food left alot to be desired for my family. We are also eating at OHana and Crystal Palace which are two of our favorite restaurants. Have a great trip.

4. graceesmom

graceesmom DIS Veteran

I think your family will love it. I was very hesitant to book Akershus the first time based on the menu, but it is really much more mainstream than the menu appears. If you are going for lunch or dinner, the traditional Norwegian dish is really meatballs and mashed potatoes. I have also had the grilled salmon and the pork tenderloin. They were all pretty good.

Ohana is served family style for breakfast and dinner. This will be a nice break for the family because you won't have to get up from the table to make plates for you or the kids.

And Chef Mickey's is just a must regardless of how good the food is. We've only done dinner and no one left hungry. I don't go there b/c they have the best food, but I always find something to eat and my daughter has it on her must do list every time! The characters are great there!

We've enjoyed Cape May Clam bake when we've eaten there. We've been there twice and both times, the food was good. Of course, I spent the majority of the time cracking crab legs for my daughter. I think she could eat her weight in crab legs.

We haven't tried Boma, but I have heard good things about it.

It looks like you have gotten a nice list together!

5. shahied

shahied Earning My Ears

Thanks for your feedback guys. I feel more assured in my choices now! Can't wait to get there. We'll be arriving at Pop Century on April 24th. Only 65 more days!

6. krd315

krd315 Mouseketeer

We have done Akershus for both breakfast and lunch and liked them both. Of course my granddaughters love the Princesses!

Breakfast is served family style at your table and they have a fruit and cereal type bar. I think we had eggs, sausage, bacon, hashbrown casserole.

Lunch - there is a cold salad bar and then you order your entree. We had the open face sandwiches and soup. I was skeptical of the lunch menu but my daughter wanted to try it and it was good. We are going back for lunch this trip.

Ohana breakfast is our family's favorite!

You have a lot of good choices. Enjoy your trip.

7. disneydad1000

disneydad1000 Earning My Ears

Made our ADRs we are very excited for our 5th year going. We have a six year old and a one year old. Here are our ADRs what do you think?

Sun- Chef Mickey's
    Mon - Via Napoli (might see this again)
    Tues- Cape May
    Wed - Crystal Palace (am) Be Our Guest (pm)
    Thurs- 1900 Park Fare (pm)
    Fri - Ohana's
    Sat - yup you guessed it Via Napoli (my favorite)

8. Mom 2 a Princess

Mom 2 a Princess Disney planner of the family

We've done all of these except for Via Napoli and Be Our Guest. We loved all of them! Great list. We can't wait to try Be Our Guest on our upcoming trip.

Have you done Via Napoli before? I might need to look at it.

9. disneydad1000

disneydad1000 Earning My Ears

Via Napoli has the best pizza ever(well thats my opinion,love thin crusted pizza)and my wife says they have the best desserts...I cant give opinion on that,im not a dessert guy.