Final Night - Why put out your luggage?

We did express on our last cruise, but it was just DH and I. It was the last one out of NYC. We got up early hit Topsiders, had to wait for them to open, ate, went back to our stateroom and left. We didn't have a lot of luggage. I wouldn't want to do it with the kids and more luggage though!

TWEIS: I'm guessing "No Chaos" that early hr. Express as well. . .

No chaos at all and express can debark as soon as the ship is cleared which is generally around 7. We had a 9 hour drive and did not want to wait until our assigned breakfast time (8) and then debark. We also had no problems with debarkation last time when we put our bags out the night before but this worked better for us since we needed to get an earlier start.

No chaos at all and express can debark as soon as the ship is cleared which is generally around 7. We had a 9 hour drive and did not want to wait until our assigned breakfast time (8) and then debark. We also had no problems with debarkation last time when we put our bags out the night before but this worked better for us since we needed to get an earlier start.

Exactly, there should not be any chaos that early.

They said 2 customs agents didn't show up for work on our disembarkation day. There was such a back-up that we weren't allowed off the ship until after 10am. Then we were stuck in the gangway for another 30 minutes and then in the customs line for about 20 minutes. People were already being allowed in the terminal for the next cruise when we were getting to our car to leave. I was thankful that we didn't need to catch a flight after that mess.

Is Southwest Airlines one of the participating DCL airlines for Onboard Airline Check in? I know AirTran is and they are mentioned on DCL's approved list.

No Southwest is not a participating airline.

Darn! Oh well.

So we need to set out our luggage the night before, pick it up in the customs area, get it to a waiting DCL bus, and then take it through the airport customs area right?

We have an 11:15 am flight... is is safe to put our our luggage the night before, or would it be best to keep it with us?

I would rather not drag it to breakfast.
We do have early dining.

We do not put our luggage out the night before.

We like to do the early disembarkation and walk right off with our luggage.

We really don't care for the final breakfast in the dining room.
So wherever we are, we scout out a location to go and have breakfast off the ship.

Darn! Oh well.

So we need to set out our luggage the night before, pick it up in the customs area, get it to a waiting DCL bus, and then take it through the airport customs area right?

We have an 11:15 am flight... is is safe to put our our luggage the night before, or would it be best to keep it with us?

I would rather not drag it to breakfast.
We do have early dining.

You only clear customs once. The airport customs thing is for incoming international flights.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter