Fibromyalgia

I do not crave chocolate - I don't like chocolate.

I hate giving up so much stuff. Gets sort of depressing, but I rather do that than keep aching....

I'm sure there are other Mg rich foods--you might be able to figure out which of your cravings is related. I also find little interest in sugar if I get my Mg up. But, then again, it's possible (and likely) that your fibro is different from mine.

One of the things about giving things up is that you can always add them back in later if you find they're unconnected.

LauraAnn630--you're right, it is a miserable disease.

Good luck!

Just back from the ER with terrible pain. I was diagnosed with fibro last year.
The ER doc said to try Doxepin.

Anyone ever try it?

Right now Im on Flexirail (sp)

This is a miserable disease!

I havent worked in 3 years. Its very depressing. Im 37 years young with 2 kids! A lot of the time I feel like a real loser. Even though I know thats not true.

They have a Fibro Clinic here in Cleveland. They want 350.00 to walk in the door. They do not except insurance.:confused3

hey laura , i live in geauga county...you think cleveland is bad, the sticks where i live are even worse:rotfl: the drs basically are in 1988 as regards cfs although fibro is making a few headroads. and you might not be missing much at c clinic at least from what i heard about their cfs program it's almost all "all in your head" therapy and exercise.... the exercise part is which is fine for fibro but basically kills everyone with cfs. if you ever visit the cocure website i think they have a list of drs..didn't have any for cleveland last i looked but might now

i was 34 when i got cfs, 2 grade school kids. you just have to do the best you can

...their cfs program it's almost all "all in your head" therapy and exercise.... the exercise part is which is fine for fibro but basically kills everyone with cfs. ...

Yeah. The fact that exercise helps convinces me that fibro is infinitely preferable to cfs. It makes me feel like there is something I can do.

we have a good thread going on the CB about Fibro as well. THere are a lot of here who have it.

I have had it for a few years now as well.

It is a different creature in everyone it seems. My pain tends to hang out in my chest area and my knees. My trigger points are strong though. The fog is my worst. I feel like a real blonde some days (I can say that Im a blonde lol)
I have what I call a "ciggarette spot" for lack of a technical term. Its a spot on the front of each of my thighs, just above the knees, that every so often will burn really badly. Not scorching but just feel really intensely hot. Its about the size of a ciggarette hence my name for it.:confused3

I also have the tingly spine thing. That makes me crazy and is my cue to slow down.

I have flexeril and tramadol for bad days and take lamictal at night to help with the lack of sleep.

Exercise has to be done but for me in moderation if I push through I pay for it for it for days. I have to ride the bike though or walk so I can get some exercise and stay awake.

anyway, that is my part of the conversation. I hope that helps a little.

Do a search for fibromyaglia doctor and your city in Google. I came up with a bunch Id never heard of. Thankfully my GP is wonderful and does a great job with me. I would leave in a heartbeat though if I didnt think I was getting the attention I needed.

Good luck in finding the right doc I think it is key.

Come and find the thread on the CB it has some fantastic information!

I needed a brief vent and this seems like a good place.

3 hrs ago I got hit by a guy running a red light. Realistically, it was minor and most people would barely feel it. But, with fibro, I have to keep my system balanced and I now have moving pains and random spikes throughout my body--Argh!

(When I'm in crisis, exercise doesn't help and I've been trying to get pregnant so I can't take many of the supplements I would usually use to get back in balance--argh!)

Thanks for listening!

I'm just thinking after reading this i should probably have my present dr test me again for trigger points since i haven't for almost 20 yrs....i wonder how much of my pain is cfs vs fibro...which if it's fibro and i could do something i wouldn't mind...
this probably would only be appreciated here but does anyone else have "typing dyslexia"... i figure it must be part of brain fog but sometimes i have to laugh...every other word is a mistake..if it weren't for spell check I'd look like i was typing alien-speak:rotfl:
binny i also think part of the problem is the lack of really good interpretation for what it is..some consider it the same as cfs( thankfully my present dr knows it's different and is up on the exercise lessness( is that a real word???;)) of cfs, i know one person with anxiety who was dxed as cfs then fibro ( depression can also have physical pain associated with it) and now depression/anxiety ( which the meds are helping so guessing they are finally right in the dx) although i also think of it as similar to ms...with that you can be in a wheelchair in a few yrs or never even know you had it. guess some things are just weird that way.
it only took me 5 edits to get rid of the errors this time:rolleyes1 :dance3: :rolleyes1

I'm just thinking after reading this i should probably have my present dr test me again for trigger points since i haven't for almost 20 yrs....i wonder how much of my pain is cfs vs fibro...which if it's fibro and i could do something i wouldn't mind...

It couldn't hurt to check. Although, the symptoms you describe sure sound like cfs...of course, it's possible to have both.

this probably would only be appreciated here but does anyone else have "typing dyslexia"... i figure it must be part of brain fog but sometimes i have to laugh...every other word is a mistake..if it weren't for spell check I'd look like i was typing alien-speak:rotfl:

:rotfl: Yep! I do that. I blame it on the fibro because I find it's worst when my general symptoms are at their worst as well. I figure there's some connection to how messages are getting through my system so that my muscular movements happen out of their intended order.

i read once that 75% of those with cfs also have fibro..although that was a while ago so maybe the thinking has changed.
i also wondered about myofascialitis( although that name doesn't sound right at the moment) as sometimes my skin just hurts ie when i get a warm shower and the water touches it. i was telling a friend of mine once it's like "layers" of pain, the bone then the joint then the muscle then the skin instead of just a "pain in my leg"...all slightly different and yet all the same appendage :lmao: if i could get rid of a layer or 2 that would be a "good thing";)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter