Fiancee's hen weekend

Discussion in 'Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board' started by Cdaniels1987, Feb 1, 2013.

1. Cdaniels1987

Cdaniels1987 Mouseketeer

Ok some of you regulars maybe familiar with my Disneyland proposal a almost 2 years ago now, well we are getting married in May and going to Disney World and then Clearwater for our honeymoon, anyway back on topic my fiancee is trying to sort out a hen weekend, she initially wanted to go abroad but on my fiancee and he maid of honor could afford it, so they arranged a weekend in uk but again no one could afford it, so shes now just doing one night away in Manchester and i can tell shes a bit gutted as she really wanted a nice weekend away somewhere.

So here comes my bright idea, i am planning on letting her have this one night manchester hen night with all her friends but i am goinf to pay for her and her maid of honor to goto DLP for 3 nights (they both love disney) so she can have a proper hen break with just her and her best friend.

Do you think itsna good idea and would you like it of your fiance/e did something like that? or would you feel he or she is stepping on your toes?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. LunaMini

LunaMini Believing is just the beginning...

What a lovely idea! I think she'll really appreciate the gesture. She gets to have her hen do with all her friends and gets to go to one of her favourite places with her maid of honour. What's not to like?!?

I'm sure there's a lot of girls wishing you were their fiancé with a gesture like that!

4. daiseyirl

daiseyirl DIS Veteran

I think its a lovely idea, id run it by the maid of honour first just to make sure she can take the time off work. But seriously such a lovely gesture, shes a very lucky girl:)

5. Cdaniels1987

Cdaniels1987 Mouseketeer

thanks everyone! yeah i am speaking to the maid of honor tonight :-)

6. fionaim

fionaim Earning My Ears

I think it is a brilliant idea too! ;)
    What a lovely treat!

7. zanzibar138

zanzibar138 DIS Veteran

That is really sweet of you :goodvibes I'm sure she'd be absolutely thrilled and have an awesome time with her bestie!

8. Sarah84

Sarah84 DIS Veteran

What a lovely idea, if my husband had done that I would have been nothing but happy and grateful about it :)

9. Laura678

Laura678 Mouseketeer

Will you marry me instead? :rotfl2:

That's such a sweet thing to do for your fiancé and maid of honor. I did a trip in December with my best friend and it was so great! The two of them will love it! :lovestruc

10. Cdaniels1987

Cdaniels1987 Mouseketeer

haha thanks for all the replies!! well dates are sorted for april! now heres hoping theres a flash sale, otherwise I will probably book an offsite hotel and get tickets seperately!

11. adr2.8i

adr2.8i Back from the magic....and now hooked!

nice one fella for making us "normal" men feel totally and utterly useless!!

12. Cdaniels1987

Cdaniels1987 Mouseketeer

haha thats not my intention at all!!

13. izzie-wizzie

izzie-wizzie DIS Veteran

That is such a lovely idea!!

14. adr2.8i

adr2.8i Back from the magic....and now hooked!

:thumbsup2

i was like you when i first met my wife. Full of joy and optimism for your future lives together.

i once paid £250 for a nights stay on valentine night (and that didnt include an evening meal which cost me an extra £80!!) at the Celtic Manor Resort (its one of wales' most expensive hotels). I booked the honeymoon suite. 4 poster bed, walk in wardbrobe, underfloor heating........it was fabulous. The wife was very "appreciative" that night if you catch my drift!

2 kids and 5 years later and shes lucky if she gets a card for valentines day now!

15. Cdaniels1987

Cdaniels1987 Mouseketeer

Ahh very nice I did something similar for my fiancee on our first valentines 3 years ago!

Next plan is to figure out how to tell her and her friend for that matter (asked her friendnto keep dates free but not told her where they are going) last year for her birthday i decorated the whole house in differed Disney themes music, costumes and everything!! haha, hmmm will have to get thinking!!

16. Lisa_C

Lisa_C Devoted FIANCÉE to Cap'njack.

Hmmm.....that last bit I find slightly offensive? If my husband had written on a public forum I was very "appreciative" after flashing the cash, I'd have thumped him!

17. Cdaniels1987

Cdaniels1987 Mouseketeer

I completely missed that bit out!! Thats not what spoiling your other half should be about! so I kind of agree with you on that one, there wasn't a need to put that comment in, and thats coming from a male!

Anyway, what does everything think the chances are of a flash sale coming up for April???