Few SSR related questions

TLPL

DIS Veteran
Hi All,

We are going to WDW for 5 days 4 nights in 2 weeks and staying at SSR for the first time, I have a few questions that need your help. Some background first: We are bring another couple and booked 2 studios. We are using the Magical Express, and booked the regular dining plan. Our friends have left over 3 days park hopper passes and we have APs.

First question is for our friends for their non park days: Is there a bike path from SSR to OKW? DO they allow bike parking by the General Store at OKW while they shop or have meal there? Is the path nice and would you recommand riding bike in January weather?

About breakfast, if we want to be cheap and make our own breakfast in the studio, what are some simple items I can either get at the gift shop/or bring with me, with just a microwave oven and a coffee maker. (And do they have toaster in studios?)

Our friends are non members, what kinda freebies can we get if they and book a DVC tour with the guide there? (for their non-park days also)

Last question: If we go to the park the last day by ourselves and and they hang out in the resort/ or DTD, can they request late checkout? (is there such thing in DVC?) :confused3

I know I can count on you guys for help!
Thanks in advance!!

Is there a bike path from SSR to OKW? DO they allow bike parking by the General Store at OKW while they shop or have meal there? Is the path nice and would you recommand riding bike in January weather?

There is a path between SSR and OKW and it's very pleasant...it's just about 1 mile...the path starts near the golf course (putting green) behind the Turf Club and enters OKW at South Point...I've never seen a bike on it, although I don't know that bikes are prohibited...I've never rented a bike at any Disney resort, so don't know if there are restrictions against taking them off resort property...maybe someone else can answer that part of your question...

About breakfast, if we want to be cheap and make our own breakfast in the studio, what are some simple items I can either get at the gift shop/or bring with me, with just a microwave oven and a coffee maker. (And do they have toaster in studios?)

Yes, studios have toasters...you can get fruit, donuts, frozen waffles (the kind you put in a toaster), egg-type microwavable b'fast dishes, cheeses, etc. Lots of choices.

Our friends are non members, what kinda freebies can we get if they and book a DVC tour with the guide there? (for their non-park days also)

Ice cream at the conclusion of the tour...sometimes fast passes (3), sometimes a small gift card (ours was $25) for each person on the tour (but not always)...free transportation from wherever (on property) you like to get to the tour, and then back to your destination (on property) of choice--when we did the tour, a van picked us up at Beach Club Inn and returned us to Epcot (in time for our dinner reservation)...

Last question: If we go to the park the last day by ourselves and and they hang out in the resort/ or DTD, can they request late checkout? (is there such thing in DVC?)

Generally, there's no such thing as late check-out at DVC...every once in a while you hear about a person who asked and got an extra hour or two, but more often you hear that people ask--for the best of reasons (sickness, sleeping baby, etc)--and still get told no. It all has to do with occupancy...DVCs are designed for (and generally achieve) 90% (or more) occupancy, so 90% of the time, someone is waiting for that villa...hence, no late check-in (and frequently, no early availability either)...but it never hurts to ask; just expect a "no" answer. Your friends can leave their luggage w/bell services, and retrieve it (or any portion of it) whenever they want during their "room-less" day, tho...

We've rented bikes and rode to SSR from okw and back. There is probably a bike rack you can chain your bike to at OKW. I know at DTD there is a bike rack. Path is nice along the golf course and river. It will exit around one of the turnarounds at OKW.I think it is around building 55.
As for the quick breakfast...the store has many things to purchase. We cook egg sandwiches and have coffee in the morning. Eggs can be microwaved in paper bowl for approx. 2mins. Bacon in micro as well. Toast English muffin, butter it, add your bacon, cheese and cooked egg and there you go. Also fruit, cheese and yougurt is nice too.
There is no late check out with DVC. Your friends can have bell service store their luggage.They can hang out at the pool, go to DTD for lunch or relax in to bar area of the Turf Club. There is a TV, pool table and couches. You can also use the Gym/spa for the day until you are ready to catch ME.

Excellent ideas!! I fogot there are so many things you can cook with just an microwave oven. I should start writing down a list of things I need to bring.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter