Festival of the Seasons & Santa Claus at Downtown Disney

uscgmouse

Mouseketeer
We are going to be at Disney November 25-30.... I want to take my almost 2 year old to meet Santa. I was thinking about going the Sunday after Thanksgiving to see Santa.

Anyone know how busy DTD may be this day?

Does anyone have pictures of the Santa at DTD?

How long did you have to wait to see Santa?

We are going to be at Disney November 25-30.... I want to take my almost 2 year old to meet Santa. I was thinking about going the Sunday after Thanksgiving to see Santa.

Anyone know how busy DTD may be this day?

Does anyone have pictures of the Santa at DTD?

How long did you have to wait to see Santa?

I'm not sure how busy it will be as we tend to avoid Disney then, but here is the Santa from this year.
DSC09561-1.jpg

He was wonderful and DS loved him!

I didn't even think about being able to meet Santa! We're going in December. So it's in Downtown Disney? When the time comes how would we know what times he's there or is he just there all day?

Does anyone else have pictures of DTD Santa or suggestions on how to make the process of meeting him go well? Are there photo pass people there or do you have to buy the picture they take?

uscgmouse said:
Does anyone else have pictures of DTD Santa or suggestions on how to make the process of meeting him go well? Are there photo pass people there or do you have to buy the picture they take?

Yes, there are photo pass people.

I think it is the same santa every year, bc I have a picture of my girls with Santa 3 years ago, and its the same santa =) There are photo pass people there, however you can also take a picture with your personal camera and they do not charge for that =)

We have visited Santa at DTD every year since 2007, when our twins were 11 months old. We will be returning for 6th trip to sit on his lap this December.

He is by far the BEST Santa ever... and you cant beat the fact you can add them to your photopass account!!! (Plus lines are not long at all! Especially at night- post meal at Wolfgang Puck Express!) Who needs to visit the mall at home?

In fact, my boys walked by the LOOONNNNNNG line of kids waiting at our local mall for Santa last year and whispered in my ear... "MOM... those kids dont know that he isnt real." For a second I was crushed fearing they had stopped believing... they quickly followed it up with "That Santa is just a pretend Santa to help the real one, cause the REAL Santa lives in Florida."

HAHAHAHAHA... I had to laugh... so much for the North Pole. (Or maybe he's a snowbird? HAHA)... but they definitely believe, and Christmas wouldnt be the same without visiting Santa at DTD every year.

I have never visited the DTD Santa, but we did the Epcot Santa & Mrs Clause. They were pretty great as well.

As for crowds, I know the parks are fairly crowded that day, and I would also assume it is a big shopping day as well. I don't know if they list crowd levels for DTD?

DbleTheFun said:
We have visited Santa at DTD every year since 2007, when our twins were 11 months old. We will be returning for 6th trip to sit on his lap this December.

He is by far the BEST Santa ever... and you cant beat the fact you can add them to your photopass account!!! (Plus lines are not long at all! Especially at night- post meal at Wolfgang Puck Express!) Who needs to visit the mall at home?

In fact, my boys walked by the LOOONNNNNNG line of kids waiting at our local mall for Santa last year and whispered in my ear... "MOM... those kids dont know that he isnt real." For a second I was crushed fearing they had stopped believing... they quickly followed it up with "That Santa is just a pretend Santa to help the real one, cause the REAL Santa lives in Florida."

HAHAHAHAHA... I had to laugh... so much for the North Pole. (Or maybe he's a snowbird? HAHA)... but they definitely believe, and Christmas wouldnt be the same without visiting Santa at DTD every year.

I love this story! We've been in December before but my son was 10 so I guess visiting Santa wasn't high on his list. Past year Santa was a huge bust for us at around 18 months here at home. This year were going to be at Disney so I hope DS2, 2.5 when we go, will happily sit with Santa! Thanks for sharing these tips as I didn't even know Santa was there!

Does anyone know what time Santa "opens?" (for lack of a better word! Lol). We are planning a morning on an off day to go see him at DTD. Thanks :)

I want to know the times also. I did see that last year during the week of thanksgiving he didn't arrive until 5 pm. I don't know if that is the time for the whole season or if that will carry over to this year. We are also trying to fit him into our schedule for next Monday or Wednesday and knowing his times would be super helpful!

This Santa is so cute! I had not thought about visiting Santa while at Disney...but now it is on the Must Do list! :santa:

Santa will be on hand to spread the holiday cheer through Dec. 24.
After that, Santa Goofy will take his place Dec. 25-27.

Santa's Chalet
Friday-Saturday: noon-10 p.m.
Sunday-Thursday: 5-10 p.m.

Meredisney said:

Santa's Chalet

Thanks for posting this helpful info! :-)

Meredisney said:

Santa's Chalet

Last yr we drove up for the dat and saw Santa Goofy. The kids loved it. The line for him was not bad at all. It goes pretty fast. This yr we are taking a trip up there to visit the resorts and will see santa.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter