Festival of the Lion King to close in January

Mad Hattered

I had a stick of CareFree gum, but it didn't work.
From Screamscape this morning:

Confirmed - (8/10/12) The latest buzz from the Rhinos is that the Festival of the Lion King show is expected to close in January to make way for Avatar. The long term plan is to move to into a new theater somewhere, but it sounds like the show will close down completely long before this happens.

From Screamscape this morning:

Confirmed - (8/10/12) The latest buzz from the Rhinos is that the Festival of the Lion King show is expected to close in January to make way for Avatar. The long term plan is to move to into a new theater somewhere, but it sounds like the show will close down completely long before this happens.

bummer I love that show

Oh no! :simba: Relocating it is one thing, but to shut it down completely is just wrong.

Guess I'd better make sure I see it in October, just in case.

Boo. We saw it for the first time this past summer, and thought it was amazing! Hopefully the close is temporary, and they'll reopen it at a later time.

Bummer:( That's my family's favorite show. We don't want to see an Avatar show when the movie didn't interest us.

so sad.... I've never seen it and now I never will !! :eek::sad:

This is such sad news! I love Festival of The Lion King!!:sad1: What does Avatar have to do with Disney anyway?? :confused3

I'm so sad to hear this too. It's my favorite show. I hadn't seen it in a few years, but on our last trip, we went to it. Now I am especially glad that we did.

This is such sad news! I love Festival of The Lion King!!:sad1: What does Avatar have to do with Disney anyway?? :confused3

I see this crop up a lot. I think Avatar & AK go together well - the 'moral' in the movie is about looking after our planet, conservation yadda yadda yadda, the same message as AK, and a message Disney has always pushed.

And no, I'm not an Avatar movie fan - I bat for the Star Wars team ;)

Oh my gosh! FOTLK is such a favorite of ours!!

Both our daughters got picked to participate and each was the kid at the end who Timon singles out at the end. Made me cry tears of pure happiness every time!!

We won't be there until Feb so we won't even get a chance to say goodbye. :-(

Oh no! I haven't seen that in forever and were definitely planning on doing it in January. Maybe they will push it back a bit

Disappointing...Lion King is for all ages..Avatar is not Disney & not for all ages. I had issues when they took the Tarzan show away. It was upbeat!

Oh, no, that means that we'll have less reason to spend time in the AK. The only things I like are the shows there. My dh, on the other hand, loves the safari and the animal trails as well.

Since nobody else has mentioned this...

How do we know this is actually going to happen?

Oh No! FOTLK is the best show on property! We will miss it so much. As far as Avatar goes, we enjoyed the movie, but are not that excited about the addition to AK. It seems to be Disney's effort to make up for not going with the Harry Potter theme.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts