Ferb, I know What We're Going to Do Today! - Updated 9/30

I always love looking at Tower of Terror pictures! Disney really did such an outstanding job on the decadent, decaying Hollywood look for the hotel. :goodvibes

It's my hands down favorite. I think it's worth going through the queue even if you don't plan on riding it. Too many fun details to miss. I'm going to have to look for more TZ references in there. What they need is a bin with the 5 dolls in it. That's one of my favorite episodes.

I think my favorite is Talking Tina. It, also, is about a doll. Macabre stuff.

The one resort that I knew I wanted to check out before I left this trip was the Wilderness Lodge. Before I had snagged the great deal at the Boardwalk I had a reservation for the Wilderness Lodge. I had never seen the resort at all, and had heard so much about it that I was really curious to see it for myself. It didn't disappoint. It was beautiful.

We lucked out and were able to catch a bus with only a minimal wait. The decorations at the lodge started as soon as you got off the bus.

4WLGarland_opt.jpg

Our first glimpse of the stunning lobby.

4WLLobby_opt.jpg

The Wildernesss Lodge definitely felt the most traditionally Christmasy. I can see why it's so tough to get a reservation here during the holiday season.

The main tree in the middle of the lobby was gorgeous.

4WLTree_opt.jpg

4WLWreath_opt.jpg

A smaller tree near the exit to the courtyard area. It had some adorable decorations on it.

4WLMiniTree_opt.jpg

4WLOrnaments_opt.jpg

The amazing fireplace that everyone always talks about. The crackling fire felt wonderful on such a chilly day.

4WLFireplace_opt.jpg

4WLTotem_opt.jpg

I loved how the stream started inside of the lobby before running outside and all the way down to the pool. With the cold weather this day, there was steam rising off of the water inside of the lobby.

4WLBrook_opt.jpg

Following the stream outdoors and down to the pool -

4WLBrook2_opt.jpg

4WLBridge_opt.jpg

4WLCourtyard_opt.jpg

4WLPoolFeed_opt.jpg

I thought the Wilderness Lodge resort and grounds were just stunning. I had never really considered it before for a trip, and had been a bit unsure of my original reservation there. After my visit it's definitely on my to-stay someday list. It had a really relaxing feel that was lovely. That being said, I was glad that I had gone with my gut feeling and changed my reservation for this trip to the Boardwalk. For me the Wilderness Lodge had a much more romantic feel to it, and not as much of girls' fun trip to Disney feel. I wouldn't think twice about going there with a special someone, or even for what I had originally been planning - a peaceful solo trip.

Once we were done poking around we headed down to the boat dock to our next stop.

4WLPath_opt.jpg

4WLBoatDock_opt.jpg

You are right- so, so peaceful and beautiful! Glad you got to have some time to stop by and check it out! And glad it made the "someday cut".

I LOVE your WL photos!! It is so pretty during the holidays. I think that is so cool that the stream that runs inside was steamy.

The Wilderness Lodge is my dream deluxe!! I just love the look and everything I have read about the feel. Someday I will stay there too. :)

What simply stunning pictures of Wilderness Lodge! I have never gone over there and seen it either! I think I will have to make a stop on an upcoming trip!!!

Beautiful pictures of the Wilderness Lodge! I've never been over to visit it, either, but one of these days, I will!

It was just beautiful. It really felt miles away from the Disney craziness.

Ahhhhh, Wilderness Lodge. So very beautiful and relaxing. :cloud9:

It was really lovely. Just the brief time I was there felt relaxing.!

You are right- so, so peaceful and beautiful! Glad you got to have some time to stop by and check it out! And glad it made the "someday cut".

It definitely made the someday cut. Of course I think just about everywhere at Disney is on the someday list. :lmao: It's definitely been bumped up the priority list though.

I LOVE your WL photos!! It is so pretty during the holidays. I think that is so cool that the stream that runs inside was steamy.

I loved the steam coming off the stream. It just added to the natural, organic feel to the resort and the setting.

The Wilderness Lodge is my dream deluxe!! I just love the look and everything I have read about the feel. Someday I will stay there too. :)

It was beautiful. I loved how the theming was so complete.

What simply stunning pictures of Wilderness Lodge! I have never gone over there and seen it either! I think I will have to make a stop on an upcoming trip!!!

It's definitely worth a visit. One of the best parts of this trip was getting to explore and check out the other resorts. :thumbsup2

I had a few things I wanted to do at the Magic Kingdom before our trip had ended. We still had the universal fastpasses that we had been given on our first day when BTMR broke down to use up, my friend wanted to ride the train, we both wanted to poke around Toontown since it will be disappearing soon, and I had decided to go ahead and get the Dooney & Bourke wristlet that I had seen on the first night. ( I really wanted the tassel bag, but was really trying to be good. :goodvibes)

When we got to the Magic Kingdom we hopped on the train and took it to the Toontown station. I always like being able to ride the train at least once on my Disney vacations. It never feels like a real trip if I don't sneak in a ride.

5ToonTrain_opt.jpg

As Toontown (and all it's former incarnations) wasn't added to the park until I was in my teens, it's never a place I visited very often. Even on the trips I've made with my nieces, the time I've spent there has been minimal. It was fun walking around checking out all the little details. I got to ride the Barnstormer for the first time ever. Surprisingly, even though it was pretty crowded, it only had a 20 minute wait. I have to say I was surprised by how much fun this little coaster was. It was nothing like the kiddie coaster I was expecting.

5ToonBarnstormerb_opt.jpg

5ToonBarnstormer_opt.jpg

Donald's boat was dead. It was way too cold to be getting wet. I heard a lot of mother's yelling at their kids not to get close to the water. :lmao:

5ToonBoat_opt.jpg

We headed over to the country fair building to pick up some pressed pennies. I would have loved to have met Tinkerbell. There was no line visable, but the sign had posted an hour wait. There was a CM there verifiying that yes, it really was an hour wait at that point. We passed. We had too many things we still wanted to do.

LL has her interest in the lights of Disney. I'll admit I'm a bit of a ceiling fan. That's a bit weird isn't it? :confused3

5ToonFairCeiling_opt.jpg

Mickey and Minnies houses were very full of visitors.

5ToonMickey_opt.jpg

5ToonMinnie_opt.jpg

A few last shots from Toontown -

5ToonPetesGarage_opt.jpg

5ToonStatue_opt.jpg

5ToonSign_opt.jpg

Two parks and one resort done for the day, but we still had things to check out before the end of the day. :)

I don't get to Toontown too often, either. Those are some great photos!! When is it scheduled to close?

My light fixture obsession expands to ceilings as well. I really am a fan of that ceiling in toon town. I remember admiring that last May. Quite pretty.

You know another thing I haven't done, ridden the Barnstormer LOL!! I'm going to miss ToonTown, I really like being able to walk through Mickey and Minnie's houses...of course I'm sure the expansion is going to be fabulous too!!!

Another great update!!!

Awe... we love the WL. That is were we honeymooned there in 1996 and it was DH's first time ever to Disney. So the WL holds very special memories for us:love: But we have not returned there since.:confused:

We love TooTown too. I'll be sad to see it go, but DD6 will love to see the new princess castles.

Ok, so for any other word geeks that were curious about what a Natatorium is...it's a swimming pool! Particularly the indoor variety.

Somehow, though, I think I may be the only word geek. ::yes::

I got to ride the Barnstormer for the first time ever. Surprisingly, even though it was pretty crowded, it only had a 20 minute wait. I have to say I was surprised by how much fun this little coaster was. It was nothing like the kiddie coaster I was expecting.

You know...I've never been on it. I've always felt that I should have a child in tow in order to ride. LOL!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter