Fellow Disers who cant make the meet

Yeah, I was intrigued too.......until he said that evil word "summertime"
We're debating it ourselves. This week has been awful here. I don't know that we'd be willing to do it again next year. Either that or we would come planning to just do the meet events and not spend much time in the parks.

We've been taking it pretty easy, keeping hydrated and always moving to locations with air conditioning to cool off (and staying there as long as we need). I think the newer areas of Animal Kingdom have more fans and I saw a mister around the Harambe Market. So, they've improved in that regard. We usually go in January or May. We'll have to do a September one year, see all of the Halloween decorations.

Personally, I was also excited about the idea of something happening in June next year because that's when we're already planning vacation. So, I'd love for it to work out. We've never been summer people but now that I'm in college full time I don't really have a choice. I guess we'll see in a couple of weeks how well we can handle the heat.

But I'd love to be able to meet up with everyone. Every time I've had meets with people I've loved it :)

As miserable as the heat and humidity makes me where I am, and as slowly as I have to move, regardless of how uncomfortable I am, or try to move faster, that's why I knew that physically, I would be unable to do it, not just "uncomfortable", or even looking @ the financial aspects of it - just physically unable. Even though yes - there have been times I've been there in early Dec. it's been pretty darned humid too. But the combo of heat and humidity (and sun) would be seriously harmful to me.

Oh, you've got it easy. I took this this afternoon here at Disney.
f4hr40M.jpg

Here's a link to a GoPro video I shot on my scooter yesterday of the auction items all laid out in the Marvin Gardens room. You'll hear Oliver and Ryno doing their live show in the background. YouTube says it'll be done uploading around 11AM, so try the link then.

Here's a link to a GoPro video I shot on my scooter yesterday of the auction items all laid out in the Marvin Gardens room. You'll hear Oliver and Ryno doing their live show in the background. YouTube says it'll be done uploading around 11AM, so try the link then.
Awesome. Thanx Mike. Stay cool, and hope you don't have too much pain!

Awww Thanks Mike for sharing!! I even saw the flatties.

Who needs to go all the way to Orlando for a Dis meet? Im having one as we speak in my living room... Its actually just me my cat peaches and Lilo and Stitch is on tv but you get the jist of what Im saying right?..... Ugh Im so depressed that Im not there :(

I hear ya!!! I was just telling the infusion nurse about the meet and how I just wanted to go down there. Sigh. I don't think she could understand my reasoning for wanting to meet everybody from the boards. I don't think she knows the depth of my Disney addiction. lol

Awww Thanks Mike for sharing!! I even saw the flatties.

I hear ya!!! I was just telling the infusion nurse about the meet and how I just wanted to go down there. Sigh. I don't think she could understand my reasoning for wanting to meet everybody from the boards. I don't think she knows the depth of my Disney addiction. lol
Or the bond we all feel, even though we've never met - at least that's what I've found, over my years on Disney boards (since '92), and doing big meets in the past. I've also found it's useless to try and explain. :) Hope you're feeling/getting better with your treatments!

Last edited:
Thanks guys, make sure to check out the other videos! They're going to be uploading all day in the room through Disney-Guest Wi-Fi, so they may take awhile!

Thanks guys, make sure to check out the other videos! They're going to be uploading all day in the room through Disney-Guest Wi-Fi, so they may take awhile!
I just "subscribed to you" so I could see more. That sounded funny. :) Thanx for doing this!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter