Feedback on glacier dogsled in skagway?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by meajuly5, Feb 11, 2013.

1. meajuly5

meajuly5 DIS Veteran

If you have one the glacier dog sledding in Skagway, I would appreciate your reviews. Was planning on doing it in Juneau but now considering Skagway. Thoughts? Doing a whale watch with Harv and marv in Juneau and the day will be packed if we do both with NO time to see or do anything in Juneau. Thinking in Skagway we could do heli-sled in the am with the train in pm with lunch in between.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. waudio1

waudio1 Earning My Ears

Bumping because I have the same question. Thinking about the helicopter/dogsled in Skagway. Want to make sure it is just as good as the Juneau one (I can find reviews of that one but not Skagway). I would like to know the differences - although finding someone that has done both might be challenging.

4. meajuly5

meajuly5 DIS Veteran

The company I contacted said the experiences were the same. I am guessing I won't know one glacier from another but hoping to hear from someone who did it in skagway

5. ohil

ohil Earning My Ears

We did it in Skagway, and we went directly through Temsco. Experiences are exactly the same, you apy about $100 less a head going through them. The place you take off from is literally 100 feet off the boat too, so no need for a bus from Disney or anything. It was absolutely amazing, one of the coolest things we've ever done. Well worth it. I took my gopro and edited a short video of our flight and dogsled adventure, check it out! http://http://youtu.be/Kuh5sZC9A1w
    Let me know what you think!

6. xlxo

xlxo DIS Veteran

Here's one thought.... choose the port that has the dryer forecast a few days before departing?

Love the Whitepass Railway... especially if you can fit the longer segment into Fraser to see Tormented Valley. Amazing what the sourdough's endured to seek gold.

7. steves100

steves100 Mouseketeer

We did it through Disney, if we would do it again we would book direct to save the $'s.

Best time we have had on ANY Disney Cruise.....

Expensive YES!!! But it was probably once in a life time....

My wife had a terrible time last time she was on a helicopter (honeymoon in Hawaii). She had no proble whats so ever.

YOU MUST DO THIS!!!!

8. swooshbear

swooshbear Mouseketeer

Last year we had dog sledding booked for Juneau and it was cancelled due to weather. This year, we booked for both Skagway and Juneau through DCL and just waited until the deadline to decide which one to go with, depending on what the weather was forecasting. It was nerve wracking the days leading up to the cruise because the weather would change from rain to sunny to rain. The entire sailing (Aug 18th) was perfect and we had no rain at all.

Here is my video shot with a GoPro: http://youtu.be/k63iC_TKQPY

9. noahdove

noahdove DIS Veteran

I am sure I can't do a helicopter, but, I will do a sled dog excursion...

10. steves100

steves100 Mouseketeer

We did the Juneau excursion. You have no choice you get flown up to the glacier....