February Member Clubhouse e-mail.....

Nick@ VB+OKW

Registered
For DVC members that don't get this e-mail from DVC........

Welcome to a "supersized" Clubhouse
As noted above, this is a special expanded issue of Member Clubhouse. New federal guidelines that went into effect on January 1, 2004, required us to take additional steps prior to sending email communications to our Members. We thank you for your patience and understanding. Member Clubhouse now resumes its regular monthly publication.

Inside Scoop
In the very merry month of May
Have you made plans to take part in our Member Homecoming celebration at the Walt Disney World® Resort, May 27-29? Response to this exclusive Member offering has been outstanding, so now is the time to ensure your family experiences this truly magical event.

You can still purchase your Ticket to Magic which is your key to the fairy tale festivities. Savor sweet dreams coming true at a heavenly dessert party under the stars at Epcot®. Be treated like royalty with the red carpet treatment at the Magic Kingdom® Park. And witness Disney history being made as we welcome Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa to the Disney Vacation Club family.

Of course, every fabled fairy tale has its surprise moments. That's why we're keeping a few enchanting details under wraps, like the special 'goodnight gifts' you'll receive each day. No need to pinch yourself—this is the Member event of your dreams, coming true quite soon!

With tickets in short supply, make sure this May has a happy ending for your family. Call Member Services today at (800) 800-9800 to purchase your Ticket to Magic and join your Disney neighbors for this unforgettable celebration!

Make it a point to share the magic
Referring your family and friends to Disney Vacation Club is always a rewarding experience, because they can begin enjoying all the great benefits of Membership. But now when your friend or family member joins Disney Vacation Club, the reward is even more magical since we're introducing a new gift option available to Members only through the Sharing the Magic program! More details about this exciting Member exclusive offer will be coming soon to your mailbox.

Gather together with a click of the Mouse
Now there's a free, easy-to-use, downloadable tool to help you and your friends and family plan your Magical Gathering™ at the Walt Disney World Resort. With the Magical Gatherings Planner, you can send email invitations, poll your group to create itineraries, and make lists of favorite things to do. Plus, chat online with others in your group while browsing disneyworld.com together!

If your group of eight or more Guests (ages three and up) will be staying at select Walt Disney World Resort Hotels, consider adding the special Grand Gathering events to your itinerary. Cast off on the moonlit seas in the company of pirates while colorful fireworks explode overhead. Or take a sunset safari with an African storyteller followed by a VIP dinner with a side of live entertainment and wild encounters. These and other once-in-a-lifetime experiences have been created exclusively for Grand Gathering parties.

Just 'four' you!
A limited edition pin series spotlighting the four Walt Disney World Theme Parks has been designed exclusively for Disney Vacation Club Members. One new pin will be released each quarter throughout 2004 and will be available for purchase for a limited time while supplies last.

The first pin in the set features Jiminy Cricket and Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park. The pin is now available for purchase at all Disney Vacation Club Resort merchandise locations, plus Island Mercantile at Disney's Animal Kingdom Theme Park.

An additional Member-exclusive pin featuring Tinker Bell complements this whimsical pin series. Members can purchase this additional pin at all Disney Vacation Club Resort merchandise locations, as well as at Walt Disney World Theme Park pin trading locations: Town Square Exposition Hall at the Magic Kingdom Park, Pin Central at Epcot, Sorcerer's Hat Shop at Disney-MGM Studios, and Island Mercantile at Disney's Animal Kingdom Theme Park. This open edition, pixie-dusted pin will be available for the entire year.

To purchase these special pins, you must show your blue Member Card and request the pins at the merchandise location's counter. Regular limited edition purchase restrictions apply—two per Guest, per day. Dates and information are subject to change. For more information, please visit officialdisneypintrading.com.

Developer News
Dress rehearsal
Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa is gearing up for its big opening on May 17. One of the most distinctive features of the newest Disney Vacation Club Resort is the costumes that will be worn by Cast Members.

Patty Dunne, Disney Costume Design Coordinator, explains the inspiration behind the original designs. "We wanted to create a classic sportswear style that conveys a relaxed countryside retreat... garment styles that represent the outdoors and the lifestyle that Saratoga Springs is about." The colors for each style were given careful consideration, too, matching the palette found throughout the Resort. "Organic sage, rust, and a caramel color," Patty says. Many costumes incorporate classic tattersall and Glengarry plaids.

Designed by Disney Costume Designer Marilyn Sotto-Erdman, the entire collection is inspired by the history of Saratoga Springs, New York, with influences from the sport of horse racing. "For our Greeter design, we wanted to set the tone and attitude of the entire collection," Patty tells Member Clubhouse. "That's where we brought in the idea of creating a literal jockey silk."

In fact, the jockey costumes were created in a color combination unique to Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa. The Greeter outfit is topped off with a jockey helmet crafted of straw. And here's a special detail for you to look out for—the zipper pull on the front of the costume is a silver-plated horseshoe!

It's also 'off to the races' at the Resort's Front Desk, where costumes are trimmed in suede cloth to reflect the English country riding style. Female Cast Members in this area will sport an "equestrian cutaway style" vest. According to Patty, Marilyn considers these to be her favorite designs. "What she likes best about the design is that although it has a very classic tailored appearance, it's a very comfortable and casual styling that our Cast Members will enjoy wearing."

In the On the Rocks Pool Bar area, Cast Members will wear costumes of bright cobalt blue. "It's our connection or link to the waters of Saratoga Springs," Patty explains. For Housekeeping costumes, a "romantic bed and breakfast style" was chosen to suggest present-day Saratoga Springs, a nod to the Resort's namesake. Female Cast Members will wear a floral print edged with eyelet trim plus a soft aqua and ivory striped apron with ivory trim.

Drawing inspiration from the Resort's theme of "'Health, History, and Horses," the level of detail and originality that Patty and her team have used to create costumes for Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa is quite striking. Be sure to take note of their handiwork in person during your visit to the Resort once it opens in May.

Around the Neighborhood
Express yourself
Disney Vacation Club now accepts American Express® for all types of payments (including loans, Annual Dues, and Member Getaways fees). If you're an international Member and have automatic credit card payments set up with MasterCard® or Visa® and wish to change your payment method to American Express, we're now happy to offer you that option.

It's a date
Mark your calendars—the 2004 Condominium Association Meetings have been scheduled. More information will come later in the year regarding meeting locations and any updates or changes to this schedule.

Tuesday, November 30 The Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge - 9:00 am
Disney's Beach Club Villas - 11:00 am
Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa - 2:00 pm

Wednesday, December 1 Disney's Old Key West Resort - 9:00 am
Disney's BoardWalk Villas - 11:00 am

Friday, December 3 Disney's Vero Beach Resort - 2:00 pm

Monday, December 6 Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort - 9:00 am

Dates and times are subject to change.

Due south
Catch a glimpse of nature in action at Disney's Vero Beach Resort by joining us in The Green Cabin Room through March. "During this season each year, the Northern right whale migrates south," says Cast Member and Resort Naturalist Maryann Buehn. "In years past, we've enjoyed sightings of this greatly endangered species from our vantage point at the Resort." Join us for a drink upstairs and you may just have a whale of a tale to tell friends and family back home!

Schedules and programs are subject to change.

Member Getaways
Catch a quick getaway
Each month in Member Clubhouse, we feature Last-Minute Getaways: some of the most popular Interval International® exchange destinations with limited availability for the following month. Please note that holiday weeks are typically not available.

Currently, there are accommodations available in March at some of the finest resorts in the Interval International network, including Eastern British Columbia; Canada; Spain; Branson, Missouri; and New Hampshire.

Remember that availability is extremely limited. Contact Member Services for additional information, and visit the World Passport Collection page at dvcmember.com for a complete list of destinations currently available.

Member Perks
Paging all Members
Disney Magazine is offering Disney Vacation Club Members a two-year subscription for only $10—that's 75% off the cover price and half off the standard two-year subscription offer. This offer is available to new subscribers and renewals through December 31, 2004. Call (800) 333-8734 ext. 4501 and ask for offer LDVC01.

Treats for your sweetheart
With Valentine's Day, February is a magical time, and even more so when celebrating with that special someone at the most magical place on earth. Present your blue Member Card and your Resort ID Card that states "Disney Vacation Club Member" to make your time together even more romantic with these perfect perks.

The one you love deserves tender loving care—schedule a relaxing massage! Members staying at a Disney Vacation Club or Walt Disney World Resort Hotel receive a 10% discount (excluding gratuity) on any of the massages offered at the Fitness Centers at Disney's BoardWalk Villas, The Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge, and Disney's Beach Club Resort. Offer is valid Sundays through Wednesdays (excluding major U.S. holidays).

A table for two is tailor-made for hearts entwined—play your Cards right on cupid's night for a great deal on a memorable meal:

Savor fresh cuisine from the South of France with your significant other at Citricos Restaurant at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa (10% discount at dinner on food and non-alcoholic beverages, excluding tax and gratuity; not valid on major U.S. holidays).

Dine with your matey at Yachtsman Steakhouse at Disney's Yacht Club Resort and order aged cuts of Black Angus beef, chops, or poultry grilled over hardwood (10% discount from 5:30 to 10:00 pm on food and non-alcoholic beverages, excluding tax and gratuity; not valid on major U.S. holidays).

Or set sail with the captain of your heart to Portobello Yacht Club at Downtown Disney® Pleasure Island. Bask in the waterfront ambience and enjoy contemporary regional Italian dishes (10% discount on food and non-alcoholic beverages, excluding tax and gratuity).

For Priority Seating, call (407) WDW-DINE (939-3463). To arrange Priority Seating at Portobello Yacht Club, contact the restaurant at (407) 934-8888.

Savings are in store
Members are currently eligible to receive a 10% merchandise discount at the Disney Store chain of retail shops. Simply present your blue Member Card at the time of purchase, and you'll enjoy magical savings. This offer does not include World of Disney Store at the Downtown Disney® Marketplace, Walt Disney World Theme Park shops, Resort Hotel shops, or any other retail establishment run by The Walt Disney Company or its affiliated companies. The discount is not valid on purchases made through the Disney Store Catalog or DisneyStore.com, and cannot be combined with any other special offers. To find the Disney Store nearest you, please call (800) 328-4712.

Pool hopping reminder
Due to the high occupancy expected, Members may not "pool hop" from April 3-11, 2004. On other dates, if you're pool hopping at another resort, you may be asked to leave in order to accommodate registered Guests. Call ahead to the Front Desk of the destination resort to check pool availability, and visit dvcmember.com for updates.

Please also remember that unless you're a registered Guest of Disney's Yacht & Beach Club Resorts or Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge, pool hopping is never allowed at Stormalong Bay and Uzima Pool. Quiet pools at those resorts are also off-limits, unless you are a registered resort Guest. There are no exceptions to this policy.

What in the World
Happy 75th Mickey!
Ever since debuting on November 18, 1928, in the first theatrically released Mickey Mouse cartoon, Steamboat Willie, Mickey Mouse has remained one of the most beloved characters in the world, serving as the face of The Walt Disney Company. This year marks 75 years of the unending joy and laughter that Mickey has brought to adults and children of all ages. In honor of this amazing accomplishment, The Walt Disney Company is thrilled to introduce Celebrate Mickey: 75 InspEARations!

Celebrate Mickey: 75 InspEARations is a very special and magical tribute to Mickey, featuring 75 statues of the famous mouse created by popular and legendary actors, painters, athletes, and musicians. These six-foot-tall, three-dimensional statues will appear at the entrance to the Magic Kingdom Park through the end of February. Then they're off on a U.S. tour through fall, ending at Disneyland® Park in California, where they'll remain on display through spring 2005. Each statue will then be auctioned off, with proceeds going to each artist's designated charity. For more information, please visit disney.com/inside/mickey75.

Cruise news
In January, Disney Cruise Line® announced a change to the itinerary of their four-night cruises. Due to popular demand, the new year-round itinerary combines a full day in Nassau, a daylong visit to Castaway Cay, and a full day at sea. Therefore, this itinerary is no longer sailing to Freeport on alternating four-night cruises.

The new itinerary is as follows:
Sunday - Depart from Port Canaveral, Florida
Monday - Nassau, The Bahamas
Tuesday - Castaway Cay
Wednesday - at sea
Thursday - Return to Port Canaveral, Florida

Disney Cruise Line Correction
The Stack, an exciting new area for teenagers aboard the Disney Magic®, is for the use of Guests ages 13 to 17. The winter 2003 issue of Vacation Magic incorrectly stated the age-range for Guest admission to The Stack.

Mardi Gras comes to Pleasure Island
Join a New Orleans-style street party at Downtown Disney Pleasure Island during the annual Mardi Gras celebration, February 20, 21, and 24. Costumed stilt walkers, jugglers, and magicians offer entertainment, while beads and other trinkets are tossed to partygoers throughout Pleasure Island in true Mardi Gras style! Crawdaddio and Funky Blues Messiah will keep the party going with live musical performances at the West End Stage and Pleasure Island Jazz Company.

The Mardi Gras celebration is included with regular Pleasure Island admission of $19.95 plus tax per person. After 7:00 pm, you must be 18 or older to enter, unless accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. You must be 21 or older to enter Mannequins Dance Palace and BET SoundStage™ Club. You must provide valid photo ID that includes one of the following: U.S. or foreign driver's license, original Passport, or U.S. Military ID.

Entertainment subject to change.

Seasonal Wonders
The Wonders of Life pavilion at Epcot is now operating on a seasonal basis. Body Wars, Cranium Command, and The Making of Me attractions will be open only during periods of anticipated peak attendance.

Refurbishment schedule
From time to time, attractions at Walt Disney World Theme Parks undergo refurbishment. Here's the current schedule of refurbishment closures (subject to change without notice):

Magic Kingdom Park
The ExtraTERRORestrial Alien Encounter® - Now closed for the development of Stitch's Great Escape! set to open fall 2004.

Epcot
The Food Rocks! show in The Land pavilion is no longer in operation.

Disney-MGM Studios
Disney-MGM Studios Backlot Tour - Reopens April 1, 2004

Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park
TriceraTop Spin - Closed through March 16

Downtown Disney West Side
Cirque du Soleil® show La Nouba™ - No performances March 14-17

Disney's Typhoon Lagoon Water Park
Closed through February 28

It's Valentine's Day, and one young lucky duck's fancy naturally turns to...Daisy! This month, Disney historian Jim Korkis looks at one of the longest courtships in Disney history—the roller coaster romance of Donald and Daisy Duck. More...

Now I wait for e-mails as well as snail mail. I wonder what I have done to anger the communication gods at DVC :confused:

I'm so sorry, but when I read this about the SSR's Greeter Costume:

"And here's a special detail for you to look out for—the zipper pull on the front of the costume is a silver-plated horseshoe!"

I fell out of my chair laughing; I had a visual of everyone who reads this and goes to SSR, checking out some poor CM's zippers - all of them - for this 'special detail'.

Again, I'm sooo sorry..... :rolleyes:

Originally posted by DrTomorrow
I fell out of my chair laughing; I had a visual of everyone who reads this and goes to SSR, checking out some poor CM's zippers - all of them - for this 'special detail'.

Good thing the zipper pulls aren't on the fly of the pants! Or are they?!!!!! :eek:

Even if they aren't on the pants, can you just imagine some DVCers trying to "spy" the zipper on some poor CM's pants just to make sure they weren't missing some "special detail?"

:blush: :rotfl: :rotfl:

::MickeyMo

Mickey says be alert. As stated in anther post, there is a mistake in the date for Homecoming in the newsletter. The real date is May 25-27 (no change) - that's what is on the members webpage and on the invitation. The Clubhouse News says May 27-29, but it is Tuesday, May 27 to Thursday, May 27. My DW and I arrive on Monday and will be there until Sunday, a special HOMEcoming trip for us as we celebrate our 3 year anniversary (well, almost) owning some of the Disney (not Comcast) magic. Anyone else conunting down the days?

Did anybody else have missing information in their email?

Mine was:

Use Year: (unknown)
Vacation Guide:

Were we asked to supply that information when we signed up for the emails?

It bothers me when someone sends a form letter, and they either omit or supply wrong information.

It would have been better if they had just left those things out...

I was "unknown" "unknown" "unknown". As long as that doesn't happen when I call to make ressies, I'm ok with being "unknown"
:jester:

Beth,

Ours was the same - I thought perhaps it was because we were new SSR owners, and since it hadn't closed, maybe we weren't all the way in the system.

I agree, though: it's almost like a "Dear Occupant" letter....

I was another 'unknown', and tried looking for a button to 'amend your details' so that I could fill in the gaps for them.

I couldn't find anywhere to do this - does anyone know whether it's possible? I'm sure there must be some way to do it so that, for example, a change of e-mail address can be recorded.

I was also an unknown and nto a new SSR member. I agree with Beth, they should have just left that info off instead of putting unknown.

Mine was all correct. But I say if your information at the top is wrong or it is missing, call the member services department to ask if they have that on file. It could be the Saratoga thing - at least you got the email!
:bounce:

Thanks for the great info --- we are DVC members and we never get any e-mails from DVC at all, ever! Is there an e-mail address to let them know we exist and should get e-mails???? I feel like Disney dropped the ball on this kind of stuff -- we are also Annual Passholders and never get copies of the Mickey Monitor even though we have called and told them twice....thanks for the input...and Happy Valentine's Day..................

just a couple more weeks to Spring Training and we're off to see the Mouse!:earseek:

Originally posted by The Great Baboo
Thanks for the great info --- we are DVC members and we never get any e-mails from DVC at all, ever! Is there an e-mail address to let them know we exist and should get e-mails???? I feel like Disney dropped the ball on this kind of stuff -

Here is the e-mail address below for you to contact DVC..........

members@disneyvacationclub.com

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter