1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

February Magical Family Adventures!!~ LAST DAY!! (6/5)

Discussion in 'Completed Trip Reports' started by Blueyed Girl, Oct 3, 2008.

1. Blueyed Girl

Blueyed Girl HAKUNA MATATA!

I am completely shocked myself. I was shocked the first time and now this is the 3rd.

Yes, it is a catholic school so I can go to the diocese who is over all catholic schools in our area. I am planning for that with the attorney but thought I'd try the conference thing as a last resort before going there. We've had a conference with her before but it was at the very beginning of school. The yelling had not begun yet.....to me anyway, there's no telling if she was yelling at the kids. Maybe I'm a fool to give it another chance. But that's also why I'm going to have everything lined up already in case this doesn't work.

Well, I know a lot wouldn't agree with it but DH and I have talked and feel that we are being put in the position to tell DS that it is not okay to hit first but that he needs to start taking up for himself and protecting himself. We will not reprimand him if he comes home with yellow after defending himself. It's just not right.

I don't want to switch his class now because he has so many friends in the class that he's in already. Some of the hitting is coming from kids in his class but some comes on the playground from other classes too. I just feel that if I switch him now it will do more harm to him than good.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. ProudMommyof2

ProudMommyof2 DIS Veteran

Speaking as someone who "survived" 13 years of Catholic school, please do not give up/in. There is definitely an attitude of it being OK to be "strict" or "hardass" at some private schools. It is almost presumed that that kind of discipline is part of the reason you send your children there. I know my experiences were a long time ago but things change slowly.

As a nurse practitioner that has taken care of kids in the past, it always worried me when an adult would be that inappropriate in front of other adults. What is happening when they are alone with the kids?

Good luck.:mad:

4. Trentmom

Trentmom <font color=red>A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas

WOW

Like you said and other said, that would never fly in Public School. She would be fired so fast her head would spin:headache:

I would do the conference and then see how she is for a week.

Then go to diocese like others said

I am hoping a better principal is replacing her.

This teacher is out of her mind and should not be teaching.:scared1:

If this continues, can you just teach him the rest of the year or is this a school where you had to be on a waiting list to get on?

:hug:

5. Blueyed Girl

Thank you for your response. I am trying my best to fight it in the "right way" and not to give in. It is such a touchy thing because I don't want to be labeled for next year.....and I REALLY don't want DS labeled.

I don't know how she gets away with it. As far as teaching she's really good but you catch her in a "mood" and you will know it. I've heard her yell at the kids numerous times. Not individually but as a whole. Not that that makes it okay.

Yeah, I'm not sure how she's managed to get away with all this yelling for so long.

I'm hoping the conference thing works. I am hoping the next principal is someone better than this one too.

It is very difficult to get into this school. We are now in and if we leave that's pretty much it. I was out front of the school at 4am for registration last year to get him in. 4 am and I was still #14 on the list.

6. englishrose47

englishrose47 DIS Veteran

Cherie My DD went to aLutheran Schol and I was VERY involved !! I second grade my DD ha a teacher who was completely unable to control the clss and who showed favoritism blatently!! I worked in the lunchroom and saw it first hand , Ipriately soke to her after talkingto others and she said she would not do it any more!! I finally went to the Pastor and told him !! "Pastor please dn't thinkIm crazy but Idon't want my daughter being a FAVORITE she thinks she can get away with misbehaving in the lunchroom and anywhere in school ndis crushd hen she is disciplined (rightly so) by the other teachers" He thanked me and said he had many complaints from parents of the UN favored ones but a complaint from me was final proof !! She was fired !!
    Cherie you are right , just as I was Do what is necessary to have the situation corrcted !!

7. carissanboys

carissanboys DIS Veteran

I'm so sorry you've had to deal with all of that Cherie! I can't believe a teacher screaming at a parent! Especially one who volunteers so much of her time and obviously is involved with her son's life. :mad:

I don't have any advice for you. If it were me I'd just stop volunteering, but I know that's not what you want to do. I hope the problem gets taken care of. :hug:

8. DisMomAmy

DisMomAmy DIS Veteran

I hope a conference does the trick - even if things don't significantly improve this year, I'm sure things will be better next year with a new teacher and a new principal. Good Luck! I'm sorry you are being put in such a bad position.

9. Blueyed Girl

Thank you guys. :hug: I spoke with the attorney today and she basically told me everything I already knew. Which is good because I needed offical confirmation. It made me feel better. She thinks trying the conference is the way to go since I'm not wanting to switch DS to another school. She also told me that the threats that the principal said about me not going up there anymore were "bluff's", although she used different words that are not allowed on the Dis. :lmao: Basically she told me that she is full of it and that she is bluffing. There is however always that chance that she could write DS out of the school since it is private. But since I am not pushing her to do so there is no reason she should do any of that. I do have a big balancing act to do until this school year is over but I'm confident I can make it work.

10. lisalonglash

lisalonglash <font color=green>I have a <font color=teal>thing

Sorry, I don't have any experience to offer advice (we homeschool), I just wanted you to know that I'm thinking about you and hoping this situation gets better! :hug:

11. jewels1916

jewels1916 DIS Veteran

Gosh Blue, I'm sorry that you are having to deal with all of that! How awful to be doing something that is right for your child and yet feel like you are being punished for it.

I hope everything works out for you!

12. GeminiAngel

GeminiAngel DIS Veteran

Sorry for this whole stressful mess. :grouphug:

13. Blueyed Girl

Thank you!! :hug:
    Thank you. Yes, that is how I feel. Hopefully Wednesday can be a fresh start. :goodvibes

Thank you. :hug:

14. Blueyed Girl

So, now that we are finished with DH's driving experience we head back to the hotel for a few minutes to re-group. We head out and back to DTD. There is one mission that has to be before any other mission out there. That is the light saber! :thumbsup2 We park at DTD somewhere around Planet Hollywood and I couldn't tell you if this was a good spot for where we were headed or not. I was completely turned around. :confused3 Oh well, we head in and I snapped a pic of the "Jenny" along the way....
    [​IMG]

We continue on and pass in front of the new T-Rex restaurant. So exciting!! We have ADR's here for the next night so we snap a quick picture and move along.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

FINALLY!! We make it back to "Once Upon A Toy" where you can "Build your own light saber". There was no one around and the little lady was present!! :banana: OH YEAH, IT'S ON!!!
    [​IMG]
    So, with her help we get to building. Within minutes DS has a light saber that he is happy with. We go pay and she puts batteries in and lets DS push the button. :darth: He is so proud! She then asks him if he is a "good guy" or a "bad guy". He say's he is a "good guy who fights the power of the dark side". REALLY?? I had no idea he even knew that much about Star Wars. :lmao: Now I was proud. :yoda:
    She then gives him a Jedi pin for his jacket. DS was walking a little taller when we left this store. ;)
    [​IMG]
    He also got to buy a blue lightning mcqueen that he has been looking for. We can't seem to find the diecast one here.
    I'm bummed that his eyes are closed and I didn't notice and take a better pic.
    [​IMG]

We love the train that goes around the store overhead. Sorry the pic is sort of blurry....
    [​IMG]

Once out of the toy store we decided to walk over to Captain Jacks for dinner. We checked to see how bad the wait would be. We were given a pager and told about 15 minutes. Not bad! We walked over and took a few pic's by the Rainforest Cafe'....
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Our pager went off so we headed in to Capt. Jack's to eat. I don't remember what I got the first time I ate here but it was really good. I thought it was the shrimp pasta so I got it "again" but apparently it was not. I did not like it. The shrimp were good so I picked those out and ate them. I also remember the margarita being better last year. Oh well, can't win 'em all I guess. I have no pictures in here. The service was very fast so we were in and out.

We shopped a bit on our way out of DTD. Basically we walked through the entire World Of Disney store. :eek: Long walk and I'm shocked we didn't spend a lot of money. I did take some pic's along the way, though. Enjoy.....
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I like the ties:
    [​IMG]

No one escapes the CLAW....
    [​IMG]

Up next, a new morning and a "Welcome Home" :woohoo:

15. Charleston Princess

Charleston Princess DIS Veteran

I am proud of DS, too! He is well on his way to being an official Star Wars Fanboy!!! :laughing:

16. Blueyed Girl

:rotfl2: So true. I haven't let him watch all of the movies yet. I need to go through and watch them all again to see which one's to let him see right now. There is no doubt that he is totally into it!

17. Sooze

Sooze DIS Veteran

Yay! So glad he got a light saber without any stress!! It's amazing what our little ones know about movies and things they like! I'm glad he understands the force!!!:yoda:

Can't wait to hear about TRex... we are debating going there during our Spring Break trip. Your report might help us make up our mind.... no pressure!:rolleyes1

Good night!!

18. GeminiAngel

GeminiAngel DIS Veteran

I Love the hat over his eyes! too cute!
    Great pics. I didn't think the train was blurry.

Can't wait for your "Welcome Home" popcorn::

19. Trentmom

Trentmom <font color=red>A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas

Glad your meeting with the attorney went well.

School year is almost over. So hopefully you can get thru it and conference will help smooth things over a little bit :goodvibes

Great update. Glad DS got to make his light saber. That was cute what he said about being good guy :rotfl:

20. englishrose47

englishrose47 DIS Veteran

Great Updae Cherie! Iidnt know aout building light sabres Will have to check that out !!
    Night Blue !!!

21. jewels1916

jewels1916 DIS Veteran

Glad DS finally got his light saber! Very cute pics from DTD! Can't wait to hear all about the meal at T-Rex! :cutie: