February 9, 2013 - Magic out of Galveston??

I have FE gifts for everyday, but some are just small things. I am doing two big gifts, and really I am making two big gifts because I am making everything for both myself and my mom and dad so that is why I have more because we are giving from two cabins. But really like one day is just valentines candy because that was a request from my daughter -her own idea so I could not tell her no. And if my mom doesn't stop finding things and bringing them home and telling me to make something cute out of them I will end up with multiple things on each day. But I have to admit she has made some great finds and I have turned them into really cute things!

In grand cayman we are doing the sting ray thing -we haven't decided if we are doing the one with the tour and beach or just the sting rays. We are just hoping for decent weather as none of us like cold water and not to mention my mom turns blue when she gets really cold! In Cozumel we are just going to go on our own -I hope I have heard right that there is a lot right by the port.

I am personally not going to Palo, but I am going to try and get lunch for my parents on valentines day (like that will be available -but I will try!). If I can't get valentines day I will try for another day.

Minnie321 said:
Where is the Guy Harvey store? Is that near the port -my son would love that!

The Guy Harvey store is in downtown Geotgetown. It is pretty visible, near Margaritaville. It is pretty big. We bought travel coffee mugs there on our trip in 2009 that we loved! DH left his on the car bumper, it fell off, I didn't see it when I backed out if the driveway and I ran over it!!!!! Hence the reason for the return visit! LOL!

I am going to try to book Palo Brunch and Dinner for DH and I. I just haven't decided which day for each. I'd really like brunch on Valentine's day but that may be really hard to get.

We have been studying Disney's excursion options. Since none of us have ever been to either island we are really leaning toward booking everything through Disney. I know the prices are higher but since we got the kids sail free offer it doesn't bother me to pay more. DD really wanted the ATV Jungle and Beach Break but because both girls are only 15 they can't drive the ATVs even though they are both very experienced with that at home so... I think in Grand Cayman we are going to do the Dolphin Extreme Swim and Turtle Farm and in Cozumel DD really wants to do the Segway and Beach Combo but the rest of us aren't too thrilled about that one. The Dune Buggy excursion seems like it would be cool and would allow us to see the whole island. I have heard alot of great things about the Fury Catamaran excursion so that is also being considered and Chankanaab on our own hasn't been completely ruled out yet. I am just so nervous about the short amount of time we have in port.

Are ya'll planning on giving gifts on each day or just once? I'm leaning towards preparing a big gift bag and delivering on the first night of the cruise.
I will be giving an adult gift and then the kids get their own. I don't have a special day, I will be the person who wakes at 2am, can't sleep & walks the ship delivering to relax and exhaust me back to sleep.:rotfl: I will try and wait to deliver maybe a few nts in cause I wouldn't want everyone delivering the first day and then no surprises the rest of the cruise. Maybe I will take weds or thurs night.
Has anyone decided on excursions in Grand Cayman and Cozumel?? I am having a very hard time deciding especially since we are in Cozumel for such a short amount of time. I can start booking in a few days and have no clue what we want to do :eek:

In one port we will Dolphin swim, probably Cozumel cause I have friends who have done it there and loved it. Grand Cayman we will probably spend it with my nephew(who works onboard). Want to spend sometime with him as long as he has it available. Just depends on his week. So excited to see him. Funny thing is my kids don't know about this cruise, so I haven't a clue he is back onboard a Disney boat!! They will be :cheer2:

I have FE gifts for everyday, but some are just small things. I am doing two big gifts, and really I am making two big gifts because I am making everything for both myself and my mom and dad so that is why I have more because we are giving from two cabins. But really like one day is just valentines candy because that was a request from my daughter -her own idea so I could not tell her no. And if my mom doesn't stop finding things and bringing them home and telling me to make something cute out of them I will end up with multiple things on each day. But I have to admit she has made some great finds and I have turned them into really cute things!

In grand cayman we are doing the sting ray thing -we haven't decided if we are doing the one with the tour and beach or just the sting rays. We are just hoping for decent weather as none of us like cold water and not to mention my mom turns blue when she gets really cold! In Cozumel we are just going to go on our own -I hope I have heard right that there is a lot right by the port.

I am personally not going to Palo, but I am going to try and get lunch for my parents on valentines day (like that will be available -but I will try!). If I can't get valentines day I will try for another day.

FE's are so addicting!! I have made at least one of my adult and teen gifts for everyone. I still need to make Allie, Kayla, Brooke and Annalise their gifts. But I will do that one of the days over Christmas break. I have made each person a gift and then found some other things to give. I am trying to convince our friends to join the FE. Right now she is just focused on telling them...so maybe once they know.:confused3

FE's are so addicting!! I have made at least one of my adult and teen gifts for everyone. I still need to make Allie, Kayla, Brooke and Annalise their gifts. But I will do that one of the days over Christmas break. I have made each person a gift and then found some other things to give. I am trying to convince our friends to join the FE. Right now she is just focused on telling them...so maybe once they know.:confused3

They are addicting, but right now they are actually how I relax. I have so much fun making and creating them - it is so relaxing.

They are addicting, but right now they are actually how I relax. I have so much fun making and creating them - it is so relaxing.

I as well find it to be relaxing. Just get out my sewing machine and tools and away I go. It's my creative therapy!

All CHECKED IN!:cheer2: One step closer to cruise!! Went on and booked Palo brunch and Dolphins in Cozumel. I have to ask DH but booked brunch just in case, always seemed to be the first thing to go. I am not sure if we will do Dolphins through Disney or on our own but that also was first excursion to go so I wan't letting that happen again. Little nervous on the excursion time. I picked 9:30, with travel time I bet I am in the water no later then 10:30....I hope it's not cold. I am a freeze baby!:scared:

I also went to do everything for our friends and AAA didn't process payment right so it still says not pd in full. So mad cause I have the papers showing it is, as I am the one who dropped it off for her. Which means I got to pick her port arrival time but no brunch or excursions. All I know is what she wants better be there on Monday or AAA will never get my business again. Not hard to process a payment. I took care of everything before I turned it over to them, all they had to do was pay it off. Arrgghhh!!!

Well it's 3:30am so back to bed for me!! Night night!:flower3:

I was able to get us all checked in too! Booked Palo dinner for DH and I on the second night, Palo brunch on Valentine's day, a couple spa treatments, Dolphin Swim in Grand Cayman and Dune Buggy Tour in Cozumel. Was very disappointed that the Segway Tour that DD really wanted was not offered. I have a feeling that the next 90 days will go by quickly with all the holiday festivities between now and then!!

What port arrival time did you guys get? I am so jealous! I want to get all of that done! Let me make sure of something - it is 12:00 am eastern time for excursions and Palo and 2:00 am easten time for boarding time??

Minnie321 said:
What port arrival time did you guys get? I am so jealous! I want to get all of that done! Let me make sure of something - it is 12:00 am eastern time for excursions and Palo and 2:00 am easten time for boarding time??

I got to do it at 3am. I got 11am port time.

We got the 11 a.m. port arrival time and I was able to log on and book excursions and Palo at 11 p.m. central time. I waited until later that morning to do the online check in process.

So what has everyone booked? I booked palo brunch on valentines day. I originally had it for sunday and then changed cause our first date was valentines day 14 yrs ago..well on the cruise it wil be 14 yrs.

Can't wait to tell the girls. Today they were saying, we want this for christmas and that. And I said, " well I want a disney cruise and I am not getting that!" They said "mom you had one for this year already and we have one for next year so that is your christmas."..I said "ok so then you don't need what your asking for either."..lol they are so not expecting this.

Whoo hoo!! 85 days! 10 days until I can book excursions and check in!! I am so ready for just that step!! I did buy an entire new wardrobe last weekend! Lots of new capris and shirts - I sure hope it is warm enough fir capris! :cool1:

Whoo hoo!! 85 days! 10 days until I can book excursions and check in!! I am so ready for just that step!! I did buy an entire new wardrobe last weekend! Lots of new capris and shirts - I sure hope it is warm enough fir capris! :cool1:

:banana::banana::banana::banana: Capri's,? Shoot we are wearing shorts!! I buy a new wardrobe every cruise too. I found some cute tops from Hollister and Abercrombie for the girls and myself!! I will be watching dresses after the holiday. DD (8) needs a new dress for formal. She wore her formal from last cruise last night to a daddy/daughter red carpet night out with our church last night and I think she has grown so a new formal is in order.

:banana::banana::banana::banana: Capri's,? Shoot we are wearing shorts!! I buy a new wardrobe every cruise too. I found some cute tops from Hollister and Abercrombie for the girls and myself!! I will be watching dresses after the holiday. DD (8) needs a new dress for formal. She wore her formal from last cruise last night to a daddy/daughter red carpet night out with our church last night and I think she has grown so a new formal is in order.

Got my DD a dress for formal night on that shopping trip also - it was so cute - pink sequins - right up her ally - unfortunately I did not have her with me and since it was in the juniors department I really wasn't sure what size to buy so I just guessed and well I was wrong - so we went back shopping the next day and I took her with me and we got her one that fits - not quite the pink shiny she wanted but very nice black with white lace thing - probably more approprite.
We are going to go to Dillards in New Orleans tomorrow because the lady in Dillards here told me that the Dillards down there is their clearence center and we may find her some more dresses there for a good price, because I really don't want to pay too much for them she probably won't wear them again before she outgrows them.

:woohoo:That is an awesome feeling isn't it. Now ya know u are going no matter what...::yes::

Yep going no matter what!! Working on FE stuff right now - I had gotten away from it but now that we are off for thanksgiving I am back to work - i expect to finish everything this week. :cool1::cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter