February 9, 2013 - Magic out of Galveston??

Count us in on the FE exchange! It'll be my DD Allie who will turn 6 on 2/13. No food allergies and LOOOOOVES the princesses.

I'm working on magnets for our stateroom doors.

We are so excited!

Count us in on the FE exchange! It'll be my DD Allie who will turn 6 on 2/13. No food allergies and LOOOOOVES the princesses.

I'm working on magnets for our stateroom doors.

We are so excited!

Got you down - do you know your cabin number?

6631 but we're planning to upgrade at the port. :)

Ok well maybe if you upgrade you could call our room and leave a message and let us know your new room number because we do not plan on upgrading, unless of course it was too good to pass up!

Ok well maybe if you upgrade you could call our room and leave a message and let us know your new room number because we do not plan on upgrading, unless of course it was too good to pass up!

I'm not sure we'll even be able to, but we just have an inside stateroom and I'd really like an oceanview. The price has to be right, though. :bitelip:

If we have a DISmeet then anyone who has gotten upgrades can let the rest us us know at that time.
Do we have a meet planned as well?

Ok Michelle I looked at your website for your Christmas cruise and wow that is very organized! So I guess I will compile a list of people who want to participate and maybe we can at least have one family do something each day - that would still be fun.

That makes me want to go on that cruise! I would love to go at Christmas but I am sure it is sold out!

Of course ya know I had to go check that cruise out and there are plenty of rooms available, but unfortunately we are not out of school at that time and my children both go to very demanding private schools where missing school for a cruise would greatly be frowned upon and not to mention the amount of material they would miss they would never recover oh and one more point is my son would miss mid year exams (I am sure he would be fine with that!)

Thanks.....so much. I am very organized and anal so I have done a web page for my last 3 cruises. I pull ours out every year but the time they get with our family is more precious then any class time will give them!! I get the demands. My DD just busts it out the night before we leave as much as she can. This Sept she spent 3 hours the night before we left getting it all done.

If we have a DISmeet then anyone who has gotten upgrades can let the rest us us know at that time.
We have always done ours in the promenade lounge about 3pm before the munster drill.
Ok so if you want to participate it the fish extenders let me know the names, gender of the kids and ages and I guess if there are any allegies incase someone did food. I will compile a list and post it and keep it updated. Maybe some more people will join us!
Oh and the room number if you know it.

We are in for the FE. Michelle(me), Del(dh), Sydney(DD12), and Nelia(dd9) No chewy , gummy , candy--only chocolate. Syd has braces and we are sticklers on what she can have and can't have so we as a family avoid it as well as supporters. :) I will look up my stateroom in a minute!its 6613

We do not, but I guess we can plan one. I think it would be nice because many of our kids are all in the same age range and it might be fun for them to meet also.

When we cruised the Fantasy in June we had SO many participating that we ended up splitting them into 3 groups! :grouphug: They cut off each one at 23-25 cabins as to limit cost. We left it up to each cabin if they wanted to do a "per cabin" gift or "per person gift". We didn't have a designated delivery day as we had 23 cabins and it was only a 7 night cruise!

Your cruise thought 23 rooms was alot?? We had 42 and that wasn't bad...I had 100+ people and I did individual gifts for everyone. I guess everyone's number that they want to do is different... I am sure my Xmas cruise will have to be split into 2 groups as we have 23 staterooms already and we have over ayear to go yet. so I am sure it will be a large group.

We have always done ours in the promenade lounge about 3pm before the munster drill.

We are in for the FE. Michelle(me), Del(dh), Sydney(DD12), and Nelia(dd9) No chewy , gummy , candy--only chocolate. Syd has braces and we are sticklers on what she can have and can't have so we as a family avoid it as well as supporters. :) I will look up my stateroom in a minute!

Oops I missed this - ok 3:00 before the muster drill sounds good to me - of course I would not know any different - this is my first cruise so I will go with the flow!!

Thanks.....so much. I am very organized and anal so I have done a web page for my last 3 cruises. I pull ours out every year but the time they get with our family is more precious then any class time will give them!! I get the demands. My DD just busts it out the night before we leave as much as she can. This Sept she spent 3 hours the night before we left getting it all done.

Wish I could pull mine out - I would love to go to Disney world at a less crowded time. Two years ago we decided to go at Mardi GRAS because everyone told us it was great - only people from louisiana and that I would see so many people I knew! Well I might have seen people I knew if I could find them in the other million people that were there. You see Mardi GRAS that year fell the first week in march and well as we later found out half the Eastern coast was off that week for spring break! Oh well crowds and all we had a great time!

Your cruise thought 23 rooms was alot?? We had 42 and that wasn't bad...I had 100+ people and I did individual gifts for everyone. I guess everyone's number that they want to do is different... I am sure my Xmas cruise will have to be split into 2 groups as we have 23 staterooms already and we have over ayear to go yet. so I am sure it will be a large group.

It was my first FE and we all had been chatting for a year and a half. I personally was glad we limited the number. We cut the rooms off at that number for several reasons, we took a poll first of all, but
several of ours were making /sewing their FE's and they wanted a cut off so that they could order supplies and have time to complete them. Also money was a factor, a 7 night Fantasy cruise was pricey and we wanted to keep it affordable and third..walking/delivering those FE's took a lot of planning! That ship is HUGE!!! :lmao:
I have heard of huge groups doing that..more power to them! If it were that big I would have to back out....:sad:. My Fe's alone took a whole 42 inch suitcase....if I had more my husband would have killed me! :rotfl2:
I am excited to participate again!
Thank you for organizing this!

We just changed to this sail date to get the Kids Free Offer :dance3::dance3: We were sailing March 23 but the savings to change to this cruise was too great of a deal for us to resist. I am a little nervous about the weather being kinda cool at this time of year. We like WARM, SUNNY weather so we can enjoy the beaches but we've never been to Grand Cayman or Cozumel so I am sure it will all work out. This will be our 5th Disney Cruise, the first time we sail in the winter and our first time on the Magic. It is me, DH, our DD(15) and her best friend (also 15). Looking forward to the short drive to Galveston - we are from the Lafayette area.

We sail in 120 days from today :banana::banana::yay::yay::yay::yay:

Suggest that you search YouTube some have posted videos of all of this. Goggle maps satellite view will show both islands in detail. Their are live webcams from both locations. Water temp is constant in the part of the world. Minnie123's D Dad

Well my dd and I discussed it last night and got an idea of what we want to do. Months ago we had looked all through the thread about the fish extenders so we had some ideas. Now it is just to make those ideas - I guess that is what we will spend thanksgiving and Christmas break doing. We do have valentines day while we are on the cruise so that may make for an easy gift. We have some ideas that involve a regional celebration that happens while we are on the cruise. It will be fun!

Think I mentioned that regional celebration.

Dad

It was my first FE and we all had been chatting for a year and a half. I personally was glad we limited the number. We cut the rooms off at that number for several reasons, we took a poll first of all, but
several of ours were making /sewing their FE's and they wanted a cut off so that they could order supplies and have time to complete them. Also money was a factor, a 7 night Fantasy cruise was pricey and we wanted to keep it affordable and third..walking/delivering those FE's took a lot of planning! That ship is HUGE!!! :lmao:
I have heard of huge groups doing that..more power to them! If it were that big I would have to back out....:sad:. My Fe's alone took a whole 42 inch suitcase....if I had more my husband would have killed me! :rotfl2:
I am excited to participate again!
Thank you for organizing this!

That is what I am worried about...delivering my FE's on the Fantasy will take forever...:rotfl2: For me I wouldn't want more then the 42 staterooms I had in 2009. I figure we will split it cause we don't want people not being able to partake. Probably 25 rooms is good for most. I make all my 100+ gifts and it is very time consuming...but I have found some very cute smaller in size things to size luggage space:thumbsup2 looking forward to it this cruise as well...people are so creative.

Wish I could pull mine out - I would love to go to Disney world at a less crowded time. Two years ago we decided to go at Mardi GRAS because everyone told us it was great - only people from louisiana and that I would see so many people I knew! Well I might have seen people I knew if I could find them in the other million people that were there. You see Mardi GRAS that year fell the first week in march and well as we later found out half the Eastern coast was off that week for spring break! Oh well crowds and all we had a great time!

If my DH could get time off when the kids had off then we would go then...unfortunately we only have Xmas, and Easter. Somehow people have all these winter breaks in Feb and such...we don't get those...not many days off at our school system. So I am forced to create our own:confused3

Minnie321---- where are you posting the list of FE participants?? I like to keep track in my documents file on my phone.. sorry remember I said organized freak over here...LOL

Minnie321---- where are you posting the list of FE participants?? I like to keep track in my documents file on my phone.. sorry remember I said organized freak over here...LOL

Ok I made a spreadsheet in excel with the info. Can I post that here? I have never tried to post a file like that. Let me know what would be the best way to post the info - I could just list it here - it really is not a lot.

Ok I made a spreadsheet in excel with the info. Can I post that here? I have never tried to post a file like that. Let me know what would be the best way to post the info - I could just list it here - it really is not a lot.

You can pick your way to display it. I choose website as to make all the info accessable and have tons and extra info. But since this is last minute and I think this will be a small FE group of under 25, you can probably have a list on your first post(post #1) of this thread. No matter how you post, you do need to post it publically so we can all see it and keep track how many of whatever we are making based on ages and such that we need. need any help on how too's that I can TRY and answer. just ask :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter