February 27, 2010 Eastern Cruise on the Magic

Hi all!! We are NOKIDZ. Lori and Chris. We will be joining you on this pleasure cruise. We are from Ontario Canada and this will be our 5th cruise on Disney. You have already met one of my brats, Austin77....so I guess I will take him on this cruise with us.....
:tinker:Mickey's MAGIC'al Castaways:smickey:
Master Roll Call
(in order of apprearance)

Hockey Mom KQ - Canada - Party of 6

Skats - Atlantic, Canada - Family of 5

Austin77 - Ontario, Canada - Family of 2 (Andy & Ashley)

Nokidz - Ontario, Canada - Family of 6 (Chris, Lori, Jesse, Cassy, Ashley & Jake)

Sam Kat Fam - Northern California - Party of 4 (Andy, Becca, Sam & Katie)

Big Turkey 12 - New Brunswick, Canada - Party of 2

pjfreeman21 - Party of 6

Feiste - Ypsilanti, MI - Party of 6

Sea Shell 724 - Canada - Party of 2

Spooner 11 - Rhode Island - Family of 4

Pumpkin Princess - N. California - Party of 4

rahrah - Massachusetts - Family of 3 + maybe 1

peanutgirl - NB Canada - Family of 3

ErieCruiser08 - Erie, PA - Party of 2 (Amy & Chris)

Scrapycruiser - Newport News, VA - Party of 3 (Bruce & Gina, Cindy)

Cowgirl0524 - Erie, PA - Party of 4 (Larry, Debbie, Greg & Bethany)

Lornak - ? - Family of 2

SUPER NERVOUS ERIE - Erie PA - Party of

Silv01 - Nepaen, ON Canada - Family of 4

ele2girls - ? - Family of 4

Partyof3 - Maine - Family of 3

mobopolo - Palmer Alaska - Family of 4

Talray - Bend, OR. - Family of 3

Duck Tape 2 - Maine - Family of 3

ELA kid - AZ - Family of 4

Nette - Austin TX - Family of 3 (with one on the way)

INdyDisneyFan - INDY,IN - Family of 2

ccdunn - Colorado - Family of 2

sitchu2 - central NJ shore - Family of 3

baci - ? - Family of 3

savin4WDW - Michigan - Family of 4

Silv01 - Nepean, ON, Canada - Family of 4

junoluca - Germany - Family of 2

Simster99- ? - Family of 4

I will do my best to add all new memebers to the roll call. If you want more info listed, pm me. If you want info removed, pm me. If I missed someone, sorry, pm me.

Here is some info fr those that are new and for those that are experienced to Disney Cruising...

Door Signs - How to make a door signs.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....ight=door+sign
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post28756391

Fish Extenders - How to play the game and how to make a fish extenders.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1219607
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=609

Shirley's Helpful Thread - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1520273

Tipping - http://cruisetip.tpkeller.com/

*** DIS DCL FAQ - New Alphabetical Listing of DCL Information ***
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2068966

this list is updated and have a look at some of the links. might be helpful for the new cruisers...and everyone else for that matter.

FISH EXTENDER EXCHANGE

Sam Kat Fam.........2 A ,(2 girls, 6 & 8) / MONDAY]
Big Turkey12..........1 A (boy 14) / SUNDAY
Feiste....................2 A (girls 12+9) TUESDAY
SeaShell 724........... 2 A / WEDNESDAY
Pumpkin Princess..... 2 A , (boys 8+6) /MONDAY
ErieCruiser08...........2 A / THURSDAY
Cowgirl0524.............4 A / THURSDAY
Scrapycruiser...........2 A / 27 Feb,SATURDAY
Cindy......................1 A / 27 Feb SATURDAY

TalRay.....................2 A , (boy 8) SUNDAY
Savin4WDW..............2A , ( girls 7 & 4 ) FRIDAY

11 Cabins, 22 adults , 10 children ( 4 boys + 6 girls )

PLEASE let me know if this info is incorrect !

Also let me know if you'd like to be added to the FE Exchange list !

Deadline to sign up Feb 7.........this gives everyone time to purchase or make their gifts.

Read and post cruise reviews

I can't believe how excited I am for this trip. It's borderline obsessive. I read the boards multiple times a day, I read the dining menus over and over, I make lists of tips/tricks and must-dos, I double check all the trip components... This is crazy, and I can't wait for the 27th!

Would you care to share where you saw the menus and your list of tips/tricks & must-dos?

Mickey-Mouse-1.jpg

Would you care to share where you saw the menus and your list of tips/tricks & must-dos?

Here's where I found the most recent versions of menus. http://www.*******************/food.htm. There are some other neat things to look at on that site as well.

As far as tips and tricks - lots of great lists here on the DIS boards. There are a number of threads just for that. Here's one: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2381689&highlight=tips+list

There was a really long thread of tips, but it appears to have been deleted!

Plus: I just keep Google-ing things...

Here's where I found the most recent versions of menus. http://www.*******************/food.htm. There are some other neat things to look at on that site as well.

As far as tips and tricks - lots of great lists here on the DIS boards. There are a number of threads just for that. Here's one: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2381689&highlight=tips+list

There was a really long thread of tips, but it appears to have been deleted!

Plus: I just keep Google-ing things...

Whoa! It looks like it won't let me link to an outside site? Strange. It is disney cruiser dot info slash food dot htm.

Hi there - We are a family of four headed on the 2/27 Cruise!!! Our son is 6 - soon to be 7 and our daughter is 3 1/2. Just found out they won't be inthe same play room - but, oh well. Anyone booked any excursions? Can ou just take a cab to shopping or the beach? It was 12 degrees in Buffalo, NY when I woke up today - really looking forward to some warmth!

Hi there - We are a family of four headed on the 2/27 Cruise!!! Our son is 6 - soon to be 7 and our daughter is 3 1/2. Just found out they won't be inthe same play room - but, oh well. Anyone booked any excursions? Can ou just take a cab to shopping or the beach? It was 12 degrees in Buffalo, NY when I woke up today - really looking forward to some warmth!

WELCOME, JACKADOO !!!! party:

DIS MEET , 3pm Saturday, Embarkation Day in the Promenade Lounge

Come meet your fellow cruisers ...many kids your kids' ages.

I have made name tags for everyone & will give out magnets so you can put them on your stateroom door. If you'd like them, give me your first names.

We also have a Fish Extender going on, where families exchange small tokens or gifts. If you'd like more info, let me know. We'd be happy for you to join in. Our deadline for joining is actually today, but you can let me know tomorrow if you want to think about it. No biggie, either way.

ST MAARTEN & ST THOMAS

Taxis are right there when you get off the ship. Just be sure to agree on a price before you get in. $15 is the going fare to Orient Beach. Again, plenty of taxis when you're ready to come back to the ship. Orient Beach is a beautiful wide white sand beach, gentle surf. You might see some nudes. My Grandchildren didn't even notice. You can ask your driver to drop you off at beach w/o nudity ( but you still might have some walk by )

Bernards Tours are very popular. They take you to Orient Beach, shopping, and Maho Beach.

Also, in St Maarten, there is a ferry that takes you into St Philipsburg to shop or go to Great Bay Beach..It goes back and forth all day.

In ST THOMAS.... we are doing Sunny Liston's Tour, similar to Bernards. But you go up to the Great House in St Thomas, beautiful views & banana daikaris & then shop in town. He'll pick you up at 9, 10, or 11AM.

Anyway, welcome to our friendly group ! Soon we'll all be warming up the relaxing Caribbean SUN !!:yay:

Thanks for the tips! Much appreciated! I would love the fish extender thing - I know my kids would love it! What should I come prepared with so I can reciprocate? Do I make my own or buy one? Here's our names - Kevin (dad) Mary (me) Jack (6) Camryn (3). This is my 1st day on DISboards - looks like it may be addicting!

Thanks for the tips! Much appreciated! I would love the fish extender thing - I know my kids would love it! What should I come prepared with so I can reciprocate? Do I make my own or buy one? Here's our names - Kevin (dad) Mary (me) Jack (6) Camryn (3). This is my 1st day on DISboards - looks like it may be addicting!

Thanks for your names. I'll have name tags for everyone at the Dis Meet.If you back up to Post # 661 , nokidz has posted a link to the FE Info.

It's entirely up to you...either make something or buy inexpensive gifts. I made something for each cabin and purchased some things for the kids.Another poster suggested something from your home state. You can do like I did, or you could just give to the kids or just give something to each cabin.

Our total now is 12 Cabins ; 24 adults ; 5 boys (14,8,8,7,6 ) ; 7 girls ( 12,9,8,7,6,4,3 1/2)

Glad you wanted to join our FE Group...and you're right, your kids will love it

You can send me a PM (private message) or let me know your cabin # in a post. Also, if you could let me know which day you want to pass out your "goodies ".

At the DisMeet I'll have the nametags and a list of the FE participants, their cabin #'s circled on a map.

Let me know if you have any more questions....:rolleyes1

GINA:grouphug:

FISH EXTENDER EXCHANGE :dance3:

FINAL COUNT

Jackadoo..................2A , boy 7 & girl 3 1/2

12 Cabins, 24 adults , 12 children ( 5 boys + 7 girls )

Hi Jackadoo: FYI - as I understand, DCL is not making the same distinctions around age brackets as they were previously. Your 6 and 7 year olds should be able to remain together as they choose. You can find some threads on this board with more details - or call DCL and ask.

Welcome!
Talena

FISH EXTENDER EXCHANGE :dance3:

FINAL COUNT

Jackadoo..................2A , boy 7 & girl 3 1/2

12 Cabins, 24 adults , 12 children ( 5 boys + 7 girls )

Jut out of curiosity are any on our FE families Pin traders?

I just booked the Dream last night for April 2011. I'm gonna surprise my wife with it for Valentine's Day. What do you think?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter