Hayley-daughter 10 yrs old

we are going on this cruise with our friends ....the Boekers

we are a family of three
Stanley-dad
Vivian-mom
Hayley-daughter 10 yrs old

:welcome:

We are so glad you are joining us.

As I told Michelle, please ask us any questions you might have. The threads I posted on #19 (I think) gives a lot of information.

All we will need is your stateroom # when you get it if you don't have it now.

Look forward to getting to know you and everyone else.

First time cruiser here!!! I'm Courtney, coming with hubby, dd Gracie 6 and ds Hudson almost 3. Staying in 2504:banana: sooo excited and i have soooo many questions!!!

Oh and please add me to the FE list... Is there an updated list? I have some work to do! :yay:

Courtney
DH Tommy
DD Gracie 6
DS Hudson almost 3
Stateroom 2504

First time cruiser here!!! I'm Courtney, coming with hubby, dd Gracie 6 and ds Hudson almost 3. Staying in 2504:banana: sooo excited and i have soooo many questions!!!

Oh and please add me to the FE list... Is there an updated list? I have some work to do! :yay:

Courtney
DH Tommy
DD Gracie 6
DS Hudson almost 3
Stateroom 2504

So glad y'all are joining us! As I said before the FE list is pretty much the roll call with the exception of one family that I have not heard from. I will be sending the list out on the cutoff of New Years Day. So those of you that I do not have all the family members names and stateroom # please let me know asap. I will be contacting those that I do not hear from as a reminder.

We got our reservation lined up for the night before the cruise, so we have that behind us. My kids (even though they are all adult) are so excited and counting the days.

Hope everyone has a good weekend as we go into the Christmas season.

It just occurred to me that we will be on the ship for Super Bowl 2013. I wonder if DCL will have any Super Bowl activities going on that Sunday.

What's everyone doing in Cozumel? We usually go to Nachi Cocum when we're in Cozumel, but we booked this cruise so late that Nachi is all booked up :sad1:. Maybe it will be a good chance to do something new :thumbsup2. So, what excursions are you planning? --Katie

It just occurred to me that we will be on the ship for Super Bowl 2013. I wonder if DCL will have any Super Bowl activities going on that Sunday.

I will admit you got my DD to thinking since they usually watch it, I sometimes sit with them, but it is not a big deal to me. That will also be our Cozumel day which is also the pirate party and all. Guess we will see!!!

What's everyone doing in Cozumel? We usually go to Nachi Cocum when we're in Cozumel, but we booked this cruise so late that Nachi is all booked up :sad1:. Maybe it will be a good chance to do something new :thumbsup2. So, what excursions are you planning? --Katie

When we were there in May DH and I did the Mayan ruins and highlights of Cozumel. We have booked that again, because we want the kids to see it all. My DH enjoyed that excursion a lot, so we will do it with them and when we go back to Cozumel in September, we will try something else.

I think we are planning on Paradise Beach too. I hear its a great beach.

I have some questions about dining..
I know each night you have a dinner plan at the 3 main places but what about for breakfast and lunch. I read some of those places are open for breakfast and lunch. Do you need to make reservations for any of those during the day? or do you just walk up and wait to get a seat?? I have never been on a cruise and I still can't get over the free food idea.. why haven't I cruised before!!!???:)

I know each night you have a dinner plan at the 3 main places but what about for breakfast and lunch. I read some of those places are open for breakfast and lunch. Do you need to make reservations for any of those during the day? or do you just walk up and wait to get a seat?? I have never been on a cruise and I still can't get over the free food idea.. why haven't I cruised before!!!???:)

I haven't been on DCL, but if it works like any of the other cruise lines, you just walk up and they'll seat you (often at a large table with other people-- it's fun to get to know different people at lunch and dinner) or you can go the buffet. We prefer the main dining rooms over the buffet, though :thumbsup2. Each evening, they'll put a flyer in your room that will show the day's activities and the open seating times for the different restaurants. Be sure you look at that to know when they'll be open for breakfast and lunch. --Katie

Parrot Cay is usually a buffet and the others are a sit down menu. You do not get the same table as your dinner seating, but you go during the time for whichever meal and they will seat you. I think they do ask your stateroom #.
Topsiders has a buffet for all meals and there is also room service and one other quick service that I can remember off the top of my head.

There is more food on that ship than we can ever want. Plus the drink station on deck 9 for when you are out and about and want a soda. Oh yes, and the ice cream station!!!! DD and I have to hit that at least once a day. The Disney Cruise Line website gives an overview of each ship and what they have as far as dining, the nightclubs, the shows. . . . go check that out and if I remember right it might even have some of the menu options with the overview of each place. Worth a look.

The Navigator will be left in the room each evening when the room host turns down the bed and it does give you the dining times and such info like that plus all the different things that you can do the movies that are showing and so on and so on and so on. . . . . . . .

We plan on going to paradise beach.

I'm thinking we'll probably end up at Paradise beach, too. I found out that Nachi's not booked, they just aren't open on Sundays :(. We absolutely LOVE Nachi because it is never crowded (they limit it to 100 people) and it's SO relaxing. I'm sure the boys will like the water toys at Paradise, though. I think we might be the only ship in port that day, so it shouldn't be too crowded :thumbsup2! --Katie

Jernerra11 and Calebmomma:

how old are your children and are they girls or boys??

I'm getting some FE gifts together, THANKS!:cutie:

can someone tell me what a steamer trunk is??

It looks like a trunk, but it is a storage area in addition to the closet and when you open the door (lid if it was laying longways) there are shelves to put your things on. Best way I know to describe it, sorry if it does not make a lot of sense. I think they are only on the smaller ships, did not have one in our room on the Fantasy.

I will see if I have a picture of one.

We just booked this cruise with out 3 year old son. Will be our first cruise with Disney and DS' first cruise ever. :)

Where can I find information on dining/navigators? Specifically, which night is the formal/more dressy night and which night is the pirate night? We've got some planning to do since we're stuck with second dining right now.

We just booked this cruise with out 3 year old son. Will be our first cruise with Disney and DS' first cruise ever. :)

Where can I find information on dining/navigators? Specifically, which night is the formal/more dressy night and which night is the pirate night? We've got some planning to do since we're stuck with second dining right now.

Sometimes on All Ears you can find navigators, but since this is a new itenerary, not sure any will be there. For dining you can go to Disney Cruise Lines website and look under the ship and find out about all the areas of each ship such as dining, lounges, shows. . . . and so on.
I know that Sunday night which is Cozumel is pirate night, not sure if it is the first or second sea day which is the dressy night. We love second dining, but we don't have a little one.
Do you know if you want to join our FE group? If so, we will need your names and stateroom #. You can PM me that info if you wish.
Have a great week and ask any other questions of the group you can think of.
This is our 4th Disney cruise, but the first one on the Magic.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter