Feb26-Mar3 Whats it going to be like

nkkilala

DIS Veteran
Hello everyone!
I Am planning another trip to the World at the end of Feb Begining of Mar. I am wondering what is in store??
How are crowds.....weather and the such
This is going to be a different kind of trip as I will be going down for my wedding site visit. We are looking at hitting some different types of things instead of doing typical park days.
I was thinking of doing one water park day (or will it be too cold?), One big day for DTD ( I can never do enough shopping). And a tour of some sort. We are thinking of hitting up park favorites (parades, E-tickets) and crossing our fingers to get on Mt. Everest.
Do you have any ideas of out of the ordinary things to do??
Thanks for any help or suggestions!

:earsgirl:

We went on almost the exact same dates this year and had a great time. We experienced no crowds, and only found short lines in Fantasyland in the MK.

The weather was kind of up and down. It was cold (in the 50's) at night and in the early mornings. It rained a few days we were there and was FREEZING while it rained.

All told I would go that time of year again, but plan for a few extra days for the unpredictable weather. You'll have a blast!

That timeframe is perfect. It will hit a lull in the crowds right between President's Day week and the start of spring breaks.

As for the weather. The days will be decent. It may be hot or it may be "lukewarm". So the waterparks are tough to say. We've been the 2nd & 3rd weeks of March and the weather was still iffy. Some days it was still pants weather and others we spent at TL.

That is the same time we went last year and we will also be going this year from 2/25 to 3/4. We only had one day of rain and the rest of the week the weather was pleasant. Maybe 70 during the day. We're from NH though so 70 in February is awesome. The crowds were pretty manageable too. Only the big headliner attractions had a line and we used FP and it all worked out pretty well. My kids would have happily gone to a water park but it is probably a little cool for normal people. :teeth: Would love to get a sneak peak at Everest myself. I am hoping to book the Segway tour for my DH as that sounds pretty fun but I think most of the tours sound like a good time. Have a great trip. A wedding planning trip sounds like lots of fun! :bride: Maybe we will see you there!

We are going to be there at that time too. It is Mardi Gras on February 28 so schools in the south are closed for the beginning of the week. We take DD out of school the extra 2 days and stay the week as do alot of other people. We have been before during Mardi Gras and the crowds have not been bad. Not anything like Presidents Week.

Does anyone think that Mardi Gras might make it more crowded??

Does anyone have any advice on tours? It will be 3 adults going

We were at the world this year the first week in March. The weather was nice-- a little chilly early in the am and in the evening, but mid-upper 70's during the day. A few days it hit 80 during the day. It only rained one day-- and I mean the WHOLE day.. and it was only like 64... but we dealt with it! The crowds were as light as I have ever experienced. We didn't wait more than 20 minutes. We only had to used FP the last day in the parks, but I think that's b/c a cheerleading competition crowd arrived. DH and some of my friends went on rides where you get wet-- but I don't think it was quite warm enough for water parks. But that time of year is iffy so you never know!! Have fun!

Based on Mardi Gras 2005, I would say yes. This past Mardi Gras was earlier in February, and it was crowded. Remember, though, it's all relative. Get there early in the day, and you can hit most of the key attractions. By mid-day, or later, the crowds start getting into the 30 - 45 minute wait time.

We are going to be there Feb 24 - Mar 1(although haven't booked yet), as the weather is nice, and the crowds are much smaller than peak times like Easter, Mem Day, or any summer day.

Hello :wave2:

We'll be there the same time too: Feb 28 to Mar 6....we just booked last night :cool1: . This will be our first extended stay during this time frame. We were at MK for only one day this past March 6th (one day stay after coming off a cruise), and the weather was gorgeous during the day (high 70's, low 80's). It was very chilly at night though! One friend wore a tank top during the day, and didn't bring a sweatshirt for the evening....he was FREEZING long about 10:00 at night! I am really hoping crowds will be on the lower end, and weather will be on the higher end! See y'all there!

anyone know what time Wishes normally is for the last week of feb? I'm trying to make ining reservations and want to eat at O'Hanas near wishes.
Thanks!

That is the beginning of Spring break for some areas. I do not think it will be too bad though.

We went this year 3/5-3/12. Crowds were definitely manageable, we never waited more than 20 minutes on line, and used fast pass only once on the last day. The weather was very iffy-- chilly in the morning and evening, and very nice during the day-- as long as the sun is out! I wore capri pants and a t shirt every day, and carried a sweatshirt just in case. The one day it rained it was really cold... in the 50s! But the other days were really nice. It's a great time of year to go, you'll get a lot accomplished!!

nkkilala said:
anyone know what time Wishes normally is for the last week of feb? I'm trying to make ining reservations and want to eat at O'Hanas near wishes.
Thanks!

Believe it or not the hours are posted on Disney's web site. For end of February they have Wishes scheduled as follows:

Sat 2/25 - SpectroMagic 9:00, 11:00 / Wishes 10:00
Sun 2/26 - SpectroMagic 9:00 / Wishes 10:00
Mon 2/27 - SpectroMagic 9:00 / Wishes 10:00
Tues 2/28 - No SpectroMagic / Wishes 9:00
Wed 3/1 - No SpectroMagic / Wishes 9:00
Thurs 3/2 - SpectroMagic 7:00 / Wishes 8:00
Fri 3/3 - No SpectroMagic / Wishes 8:00

Hope this helps. I'm sure they are subject to change (probably many times) but I guess it gives us an idea. It is giving me something to do while I wait anyway. :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter