Feb 28, 2010 - 4 night Wonder Cruise

Castaway Cay - Oh my don't tell my DD's about that stingray incident - they won't go. We had a bad experience in Grand Caymen a few years back and they aren't too keen so the whole stingray thing, but I want to go. They want to parasail - I just ahve to figure out if they can go together - being 17 and 11 without an adult.

Tammy
:lovestruc

FE Participants:

Favor to ask - I would prefer to send the list (and updates) via email rather than pm's - can everyone send me an email so I have your address to send the list - as soon as i hear from everyone, I will send the prelimin list

dthogue5@verizon.net please put FE Exchange in your subject line

Thanks,
tammy

Does anyone know if a regular printer will print out the cruise magnet graphics Ok?We have a photo printer but the refills cost 75.00:eek:. If I buy just a 50.00 printer the refillls are only 40.00 total. Plus our photo printer hasn't worked well since we found the little pair of fiskars stuck in it.

Does anyone know if a regular printer will print out the cruise magnet graphics Ok?We have a photo printer but the refills cost 75.00:eek:. If I buy just a 50.00 printer the refillls are only 40.00 total. Plus our photo printer hasn't worked well since we found the little pair of fiskars stuck in it.

I printer all of our magnets out on our home printer. I didn't use magnetic paper though, I printed them off on cardstock, then laminated them and added peel and stick magnets. But anyway, yes, most people either print them at home or put them on a disk and take it to the UPS store or an office store to be printed.

FE Participants:

Favor to ask - I would prefer to send the list (and updates) via email rather than pm's - can everyone send me an email so I have your address to send the list - as soon as i hear from everyone, I will send the prelimin list

dthogue5@verizon.net please put FE Exchange in your subject line

Thanks,
tammy

Just sent it...thanks for being our coordinator!:flower3:

Does anyone know if you have to rent Disney snorkel/mask to swim in the lagoon part on castaway cay or can you bring your own? Can we still snorkel without the vest?

Thanks

Does anyone know if you have to rent Disney snorkel/mask to swim in the lagoon part on castaway cay or can you bring your own? Can we still snorkel without the vest?

Thanks

You can bring your own, but I do believe the vests are required (and free).

Thanks! We have our own mask & snorkels and would rather use those. Good to know about the vest.

Well, yesterday it just "hit" me.... you know that feeling you get when you plan a big vacay and suddenly it's real??? Yup, that was me yesterday. I've been printing off personalized magnets from the DIS, looking into all sorts of things. For the next 5 months I'm going to be impossible to live with!!!

And we decided to keep the cruise a secret from our DD8, Ally. She knows I booked it, but has no idea when. I want to order her the Minnie plush in cruise outfit - anyone know where to get that? We collect the little Minnies - she gets one every time we go to WDW - and now we're starting to pick up the ones from countries in WS. So I'd love to have this to give her as we pull into the port.......

So is anyone else doing the 4 day cruise then 3 days at WDW? As FL residents, we may put together our own package. Not sure yet..... We spend a lot of time down there already - heading down next weekend for a mother/daughter weekend, then there for a long weekend in December to see the lights......

We'll be staying in Orlando after the cruise until Sunday. Watching to see if Disney is going to have any deals or not. Right now we're booked offsite and planning Universal Studios and Sea World.

dthogue - can you tell us about your bad experience with stingrays? Don't see much point in this excursion if it's going to be a scary one!

FLAngie - what are APs?

Karajeboo - how I do envy the FL residents - I'm from Chicago so this trip is quite pricey for me. Can't imagine how people can afford to do it as often as I see on this site.

dthogue - can you tell us about your bad experience with stingrays? Don't see much point in this excursion if it's going to be a scary one!

QUOTE]

I think Disney's excursion is very tame - we did Stingray City in Grand Cayman - your take a boat out to a sand bar while wild stringrays gather - you get off the boat and into the water to feed and hold the stingray's. Unfortunately we had high wind and rough seas the day we went. When we got off the boat, my DD's had trouble standing and the stingrays kept brushing up against them and they freaked out. My DH is not a strong swimmer so he was not able to help with the girls - it was enough for him to stay above water. It was just bad circumstances for us - nothing to blame the tour operator or the stingrays for, but it has left a bad taste in my DD's minds whenever I mention stingrays no matter how hard I try to convince them to try Disney's excursion, which is in shallow water - I even tried showing them pictures, but they have no desire to even try - can you sy stubborn!!! :confused3

Tammy
:cloud9:

We are flying in on Saturday and will do MK that day and spend the night at Pop Century. I have arranged for a towncar to take us to the port on Sunday morning and return us to Pop Century on Thursday. We will be flying home on Sunday. Keeping my fingers crossed for a decent rate - right now the values are like $150.00 a night :eek: Hoping for something under $100.00

I was also thinking of Universal for 3 days or Discovery Cove and Sea World, but DD's decided on WDW.

Tammy

Well, yesterday it just "hit" me.... you know that feeling you get when you plan a big vacay and suddenly it's real??? Yup, that was me yesterday. I've been printing off personalized magnets from the DIS, looking into all sorts of things. For the next 5 months I'm going to be impossible to live with!!!

And we decided to keep the cruise a secret from our DD8, Ally. She knows I booked it, but has no idea when. I want to order her the Minnie plush in cruise outfit - anyone know where to get that? We collect the little Minnies - she gets one every time we go to WDW - and now we're starting to pick up the ones from countries in WS. So I'd love to have this to give her as we pull into the port.......

So is anyone else doing the 4 day cruise then 3 days at WDW? As FL residents, we may put together our own package. Not sure yet..... We spend a lot of time down there already - heading down next weekend for a mother/daughter weekend, then there for a long weekend in December to see the lights......

We surpirsed my DD with a cruise in May for her 11th birthday. I purchased a stuffed captain Mickey off ebay and gave that to her the morning of the cruise along with a note from Mickey inviting her on the cruise. It was so exciting, but so very difficult to keep the secret!!!

Tammy

Hi Everyone!:flower3:

You've been chatty! I've been giddy with excitement for this cruise, even though I just got off the Magic! :yay::woohoo: It really helps ease the pain of the cruise ending by having this one so soon to look forward to!:cloud9:

And...I've talked my sister into coming and some DIS friends! Woo Hoo!:cool1:

As I posted earlier, I don't know if my kids will be able to make it due to school, that would be a shame, given the Kids Sail Free special. Looks like the lower categories of this cruise filled up quickly!

I'll get a new ticker as soon as the Magic has fully departed CC below!:rotfl:

Just got done printing a bunch of magnets on both cardstock and magnet paper.They turned out great, although the laminator I just bought yesterday broke after 9 laminations. :headache: I'll be returning it tomorrow. We planned on flying in on Saturday and spending the night at Country Inn and Suites. After the cruise were going home the girls have to go back to school and our shih-tzu MAGGIE and terroranian coconut will probably be thinking we've abandoned them.

FLAngie - what are APs?

Karajeboo - how I do envy the FL residents - I'm from Chicago so this trip is quite pricey for me. Can't imagine how people can afford to do it as often as I see on this site.

AP's are annual passes. We get the Florida Resident one so I don't know how much the regular ones are or where the break even point is.

Just got done printing a bunch of magnets on both cardstock and magnet paper.They turned out great, although the laminator I just bought yesterday broke after 9 laminations. :headache: I'll be returning it tomorrow. We planned on flying in on Saturday and spending the night at Country Inn and Suites. After the cruise were going home the girls have to go back to school and our shih-tzu MAGGIE and terroranian coconut will probably be thinking we've abandoned them.

We have a Shih Tzu too.:thumbsup2 I have a Xyron laminator and I have been really happy with it. Unfortunatly it is the small one and will only laminate things 5.5 inches or less.

$150 is pricey for the value resorts. We did them in May 09 and they were about $83 per night plus free table service dining and a preferred room. We are not going to venture over to WDW on this trip. Too expensive for a day. We are flying in on Saturday, and will take advantage of a hotel in Orlando and relax by the pool and dinner and on Sunday we'll free shuttle back to the airport for the Disney transportation. It's just me and my granddaughter so don't want the responsibiltiy of renting a car and driving or the hassle of trying to figure out other transportation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter