Feb 25-2013 ~Wonder 5night W. Caribbean

no, it says undeliverable.
What is the name of the Group? Can search it that way.

lbroberts - I'm sending you a friend request because I can't use facebook at work. I'm in for just posting the list and letting everyone decide when to put their goodies in.

We are flying into FLL since it's cheaper than Miami. We are planning on getting a car rental.

Oh, and renting a car from FLL to Miami (there are FREE car rental shuttles that will bring you to the port and pick you up from the port)

I am also looking at car rentals. Do you have any suggestions for the ones with the free shuttle to the port?

I have not been able to find a hotel yet, which I hope to do some research next week.

My family will be cruising on this cruise. It will be our second disney cruise. I was wondering about the FE and how it works. We will have to staterooms, one with my mom and dad and my two daughters (16&11) and the other will have my husband and I with our son (9).

We are flying into FLL since it's cheaper than Miami. We are planning on getting a car rental.

I am also looking at car rentals. Do you have any suggestions for the ones with the free shuttle to the port?

I have not been able to find a hotel yet, which I hope to do some research next week.

The car rental companies that have free shuttles to bring you back to the Port of Miami and pick you up from the port are: Alamo, Dollar, Enterprise, Hertz and Thrifty. I called them personally, but you can always call yourself for piece of mind. The rates do fluctuate like airfare, I am currently "WATCHING" for my price to come back, and I'm going to book it. I am choosing to go with Alamo, just because I've rented with them before and they are the rental car of "Disney" lol! Those never heard of rental companies are CHEAP, but you will have to pay for taxi to get back to and from the port to them.

As far as Hotel, it's making my head spin. So many "areas" of Miami. And a lot of it seems shady. Ive been ready waaay too many reviews. I just want a CLEAN, SAFE, place to sleep & shower,maybe take a dip in the pool without spending a fortune... because we'll be at the beach or cruising the town while we are there (2 days). A free Breakfast would be nice, but we all know how those end up.

I gave up on research and booked La Quinta in Airport area. They have free parking, free breakfast and free port shuttle and the lowest rate. Reviews are not too bad.

My family will be cruising on this cruise. It will be our second disney cruise. I was wondering about the FE and how it works. We will have to staterooms, one with my mom and dad and my two daughters (16&11) and the other will have my husband and I with our son (9).

Reach out to lbroberts, she has started an FE list on facebook. :yay:

I haven't participated in FE before but basically you have a Fish hook outside your cabin, you hang something with pockets (you can decorate it, put your names on it) and those who are participating place little treats/goodies in the pockets during the cruise, you do the same for those on the list. Kinda like Secret Santa. There are some ideas for the FE on the Just for Fun threads.

Lori

There's also a Facebook FE page where people post pics & lots of great ideas! If you want to join the list friend me, I can add your name & then you can add your info. I'm under Lori Beth Yeager Roberts. We kept the page secret for everyone privacy....sorry it's kind of a pain!

I just received a planning email from Disney cruises. It said that we didn't have a formal night. Does anyone know if that is true?

I just received a planning email from Disney cruises. It said that we didn't have a formal night. Does anyone know if that is true?

Ours says the same thing, I don't think there is one unless you are eating at Palo

2/25/13- 5 day from Miami Hi There! This will be my family's first Disney Cruise and we are so excited!! Me, my husband and 2 boys 7 & 5. would love any tips since you seem to have done this a few times :) We have another family joining who also have 2 boys 13 and 7. Thanks for any help you may have!

sunshinemom1 said:
2/25/13- 5 day from Miami Hi There! This will be my family's first Disney Cruise and we are so excited!! Me, my husband and 2 boys 7 & 5. would love any tips since you seem to have done this a few times :) We have another family joining who also have 2 boys 13 and 7. Thanks for any help you may have!

This is our first cruise too! I found lots of great tips on the DISboard!

great! Are you the one organizing the FE? I sent you a PM on FB. Please let me know if I need to look somewhere else :) Thanks so much!

sunshinemom1 said:
Great! I think I sent you a PM on FB! Are you the person setting up the FE? Please let me know if I am starting in the right place, LOL :)

I send someone a pm back on FB because I wasn't sure of the name. Check & let me know if it was you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!