Feb 25-2013 ~Wonder 5night W. Caribbean

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Meets' started by breakingd_awn, Mar 29, 2012.

1. krickletplusus

krickletplusus Earning My Ears

We have our cabin already- I think most people would except for the ones who do the rate special for just a certain type of room...and then I am not sure

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. moomy-san

moomy-san I'd rather be in O'Gills.

Who ever is in charge of the FE group should distribute a list of participating families and their room #'s prior to the cruise, and again at the DISmeet.
    When we've been involved we gave gifts for everyone, not just the children. Some participants gave one larger family gift, but it is entirely up to each individual. People distributed them all on different days so there was stuff to find all through the cruise.
    It is VERY nice to have the FE list finalized about 2 weeks before the cruise so that the gifts can be personalized if desired. Then at the DISmeet, a list can be handed out again to everyone in case anyone forgot theirs or if there are room # changes.

You don't need to wrap the gifts, there is generally no upper or lower $$ value, and the only rules we've ever had were to HAVE FUN!!

I've been the FE organizer for a group of 65+ participants, so if you have questions, please ask me :) I'd be happy to help even though we won't be participating.

4. lbroberts

lbroberts Mouseketeer

I can start a list if people want to do it. We have a Facebook group for the other cruise i am on that we post the file for people to put their info into it & then everyone can go on to view it & print

5. moomy-san

Just realized we are B2B on the same cruises!! I can hardly wait- you?

6. lahicks68

lahicks68 Earning My Ears

We also already have our cabin assigned.

7. kelzow

kelzow Earning My Ears

I would like to participate. No cabin # until we get on the ship, we did the kids sail free deal, and thats how the cruise line seams to do it. Unsure if I get a room # prior.

What is the disMeet? I thought this was the DisMeet? Is there one on the ship?

8. moomy-san

Keep checking your reservation on line- one day instead of GTY for room # you'll have an actual #!

The DISmeet is usually held in the Promenade lounge on the afternoon we board. It is just a chance to put faces to the people we've been chatting with here and meet the FE group. It's a nice chance for the kids to meet so they see some familiar faces in the club.

9. TheDawnPatrol

TheDawnPatrol Mouseketeer

We just booked as well. It will be my wife and three kids - 12 (son),11 (son), and 6 (daughter) + me.

We are all looking forward to getting away from the cold weather.

Pete

10. gstar

gstar Earning My Ears

My family and I will be joining this cruise. We are very excited. We have been on a 7-day Mexico Riviera cruise before. I am trying to understand what we will be missing from the 7-day cruises. From what I have read, there will be no character breakfast.
    Does anyone know if there will be a semi-formal or formal dinner on a 5 day cruise?

11. TheDawnPatrol

TheDawnPatrol Mouseketeer

Morning,

I was told that there would be a semi-formal on night two and pirate night on night four.

Thanks!

12. lahicks68

I'm willing to put together the list of those who wish to participate. I've never done FE but if Moomy-san would be willing to guide me, I think I can do it. I'm a planner and it is killing me to not be able to have the FE already mapped out. :goodvibes

My idea is if everyone who wants to participate, either responds to the post or PM's me(for more privacy) with their cabin number (I understand there are some who do not have a cabin number yet, we can leave them as TBD) and children's names with ages. I will put together a list to distribute either before (my preference) or as we board. I think if there are (for example)10 families who want to participate, we can just desiginate two families a day to place their goodies in the FE, that way there is something for them everyday. Is that basically how it works? :)

Also, for those who have cruised before, we are celebrating my daughter's birthday on board. Besides having the room decorated and a cake at dinner, is there anything else I can do to make it special?

Sorry for the long message.

Lori

13. lbroberts

lbroberts Mouseketeer

I made a spread sheet & posted on a FB page that was private just for cruise members & then people could see it, add to it, & print it out. Do you want to go that route? I can start the page & post the link here.

14. lbroberts

lbroberts Mouseketeer

I should have specified that this is for the first part of our b2b cruise. We did not specify what day the gifts should be handed out.

15. lahicks68

I'm okay with FB, but I'm not sure everyone has an account. I only suggested assigning dates to avoid everyone putting stuff in on the same day and then nothing the rest of the cruise. Any suggestions for how to run it are greatly appreciated. I've never done FE, it's our first cruise, so I'm running blind. :cool1:

16. lbroberts

lbroberts Mouseketeer

Everyone in our first group had Facebook & one didn't so they signed up. I think most groups don't assign days & it just works itself out. The first parts of this trip is the first time I ran an FE so I'm no expert by any means. The FB idea was suggested to me by others on the a disboard thread because they felt its easier to work with in regards to posting the list. If you want me to start the FB page I can do it now since I'm home for a bit

17. moomy-san

If you decide to do assigned days, can I make a suggestion? Assign every family a number and draw them from a hat to assign the days, this way the anonymity remains even with the organization.
    I personally like it being personal choice about when you deliver your gifts. The ship is BIG and it takes a lot of time to deliver them all at once. We split our deliveries into 2 days. It's also nice to wake up and have stuff in the FE- and then also late at night to return and find stuff!

18. lbroberts

lbroberts Mouseketeer

I also would like it it to be my choice too so I can do it during down time!

19. kelzow

kelzow Earning My Ears

I now have a room # : ) for the FE

Should we open a Facebook Private Group? May be easier and faster to communicate back & forth? or no? Anybody against opening a Facebook Group? (Privately so nobody can look into what we are talking about such as names and room #'s , kids, etc....?) If yes, I wouldn't mind starting one!

So EXCITED! We told the kids, Couldn't keep it a secret any longer! :banana::banana: Already started getting some things together!

Still looking to see where we will stay 2 nights prior to the cruise. Its making my head spin!

Oh, and renting a car from FLL to Miami (there are FREE car rental shuttles that will bring you to the port and pick you up from the port)

20. lbroberts

lbroberts Mouseketeer

I'll do it now!

21. lbroberts

lbroberts Mouseketeer