Feb 23 2013 - MAGICal 6 Night Western Cruise, Galveston, TX

Forgot to mention I am still trying to figure out the FE thing:scratchin so don't count me in yet, I might not be crafty enough for it...:blush:

It seems several of us aren't very crafty. Lol. I certainly am NOT. I am doing hybrid purchase/homemade gifts.

We just booked! This is our first cruise and we're super excited. Now just trying to learn all the details. How do I join the FB group?

Thanks!
Becky

Thanks! I haven't figured out airfare yet. I looked but it's so far out that prices are insane. I'll wait another month or so and look again.

I was just reading up on the documents needed. Looks like it's fine to have birth certificates for the kids (vs. Passports). Is that the norm? I want to make sure I read that part correctly.

And I'm sure we'll participate in the fish extender thing. Though I need to figure that out too. I'm sure my kids would love it.

Hi Becky! I just added you to the facebook group. It's a first cruise for a few of us too!

Hello we just booked for the February 23rd sailing and are very excited!! :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Is there an FE exchange started yet? IF so we would love to join! :thumbsup2

Yay! Our group is growing!

I am the keeper of the FE info. Feel free to share your info here. We did start a facebook group if you'd feel more comfortable sharing info there.

Just wanted to update this thread, since we currently have at least one member that is no on Facebook. The cruise schedule, as given to one of our lovely cruise mates by a DCL CM is as follows:

sat casual
sun formal
mon casual
tues pirate:
wed semi formal
thurs casual

Just joined your FB group...much easier to find then here :confused3,

It is hubby :love: and I :teacher: and DD celebrating her 10th :littleangel:

So us :dance3:

We are in Calif but SIL is in Tx and we will be seeing her for a few days after our Disney Fix...

Hey kenCad is that you? :thumbsup2

Looking forward to our DISNEY FIX!!!

Just wanted to update this thread, since we currently have at least one member that is no on Facebook. The cruise schedule, as given to one of our lovely cruise mates by a DCL CM is as follows:

sat casual
sun formal
mon casual
tues pirate:
wed semi formal
thurs casual
How formal are you all going....me not so much.

If I reach close to goal weight? I am SO buying a formal. If not? not so much..lol

I am SOOOO excited to start making FE gifts! And still so jealous of all of you who got kids sail free.

Just joined your FB group...much easier to find then here :confused3,

It is hubby :love: and I :teacher: and DD celebrating her 10th :littleangel:

So us :dance3:

We are in Calif but SIL is in Tx and we will be seeing her for a few days after our Disney Fix...

Hey kenCad is that you? :thumbsup2

Looking forward to our DISNEY FIX!!!

What day is your daughter's birthday? I will celebrate a birthday while on board. :cool1:

How formal are you all going....me not so much.

I am not going super formal. I have a knee length dress that is solid red and sorta nice that I will wear on either formal night or Palo dinner night. I may buy something else or I might just pick another dress for semi formal night. For comparative purposes, my hubs will probably wear slacks and a tie for formal and slacks and polo for semi.

We just booked and I am so excited. This will be our first Disney Cruise so I need to be educated. I had no idea what a Fish Extender was until this afternoon. I happened to see one on Etsy and thought, "what the heck is that?" I did a google search and landed here. Amazing!

I will be traveling with my DH, DS who is 5 1/2 and DD who will have just turned 3 when we depart. My kids both have serious food allergies (including one to artificial dye), so the idea of food gifts in the FE kind of scares me... what sort of stuff do people leave for others? The kids can't use those temporary tatoos (dye allergy) either.

I'd love everyone's advice on this. Should I make our FE and put their allergies on there so people will know? I'd hate to have to pull their stuff out only to say, "so sorry you can't have that..." Bummer.

We just booked and I am so excited. This will be our first Disney Cruise so I need to be educated. I had no idea what a Fish Extender was until this afternoon. I happened to see one on Etsy and thought, "what the heck is that?" I did a google search and landed here. Amazing!

I will be traveling with my DH, DS who is 5 1/2 and DD who will have just turned 3 when we depart. My kids both have serious food allergies (including one to artificial dye), so the idea of food gifts in the FE kind of scares me... what sort of stuff do people leave for others? The kids can't use those temporary tatoos (dye allergy) either.

I'd love everyone's advice on this. Should I make our FE and put their allergies on there so people will know? I'd hate to have to pull their stuff out only to say, "so sorry you can't have that..." Bummer.

I am the one that is keeping the Fish Extender list so I can notate that no one put food or candy gifts in your FE. I am very sensitive to food allergies. My kids have food allergies, no top 8s though. When my twins were infants, me and a group of mothers of other babies/toddlers with varying degrees of food allergies started an online support and education community for kids with allergies, intolerance and GERD. One of the moms has a son with EoE. He's 3 and still drinks elecare and has 4 safe foods. :(

Anyways, off that soap box. :)

Glad to have you as part of our group. There are lots of kiddos the same ages as yours.

Love it that you did that with the allergy group. And thanks for putting no food gifts on there. Just so you know, the allergies we have are basically anything artificial (dye, flavorings, preservatives), dairy and strawberries. Thanks for making the note!:thumbsup2

Also, to answer about what people DO give as FE gifts....

Anything, really. If you are crafty, make something. If not, buy something. If you are lazy (like me) you can do a combo. haha. There are no rules about what to give and to whom and how often. You can find a ton of stuff on Etsy or ideas on many threads in this board.

Some give a gift every day, to each person
Some give every day, one gift per stateroom
Some give 1 gift for adults and 1 gift for the kids
Some give 1 gift per person total
Some give 1 gift per room total
Some give to only the kids
Some give to only the adults

Love it that you did that with the allergy group. And thanks for putting no food gifts on there. Just so you know, the allergies we have are basically anything artificial (dye, flavorings, preservatives), dairy and strawberries. Thanks for making the note!:thumbsup2

All 3 of mine were MSPI as babies but thankfully grew out of it. Now their reactions are blueberries, grapes/raisins and cranberries. We've never given the twins raspberries or blackberries because we don't buy them or eat them but they do well with strawberries. Mine is corn and all corn products.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter