Feb 1st any news on the rest of 2014?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by Dman67, Jan 7, 2013.

1. Silverfox97

Silverfox97 PLATINUM Castaway Club

:)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Silverfox97

Be as elusive as you'd like ;)

(Oh I totally agree about the rudeness....)

4. jdb in AZ

jdb in AZ <font color=green>It could end up curdled<br><font

DH and I flew from Phx to Sydney a few years ago then cruised around New Zealand. I told DH if we ever go back, it will be on a cruise ship. Flying 16 hrs in a sardine can is just too hard on these weary bones. First-class air fare would be more expensive than a cruise, so yeah, I would love to take a Disney cruise from Hawaii to Sydney.

5. NancyIL

NancyIL DIS Veteran

My DH and I will fly to Sydney next January for a cruise, but we're using FF miles for business class seats. I might do a stopover in Honolulu for a few days on the way home, as it doesn't require any additional American airlines miles.

6. pequele

pequele Some people think they are cool because they can h

Ok so totally going bonkers here waiting to hear about the Med and Alaska cruises (dates, prices, etc). Those would be our first cruises in those locations. We have a 3 night booked in May this year that I want to do a rebooking on for one of these cruises in 2014 BUT if prices come out next week, will the price be better next week or with my discount in May? If we waited until May would we lose out on something like the 9 night Alaskan/one time option (if that is of course what it turns out to be?) or would we be ok? We wouldn't want CL....ARGH what would you all recommend?

7. 3princessMommy

3princessMommy DIS Veteran

If you can afford the 20% deposit, I'd book what you really want next week. Then when you cruise in May, you can check the same cruise. If it's cheaper with the discount, then you can rebook onboard. Chances are though that it won't be though because base prices will have gone up by then. If that's the case, then you will have already snagged the cheaper fare. :thumbsup2

8. pequele

:thumbsup2 that is kind of what I figured. Of course booking ahead, also I am guessing I would not be getting the OBCs that you get when rebooking while on a cruise, right? They don't have those kind of deals with straight out booking, right?

9. 3princessMommy

3princessMommy DIS Veteran

That's correct, but many travel agents offer OBC's. Just do your research. You want not only the OBC, but an experienced agent who will be responsive when you need them. A DCL expert is also a very big plus.

10. lbgraves

lbgraves Little Cinderella's Mommy

No, but if you reshop for a better price onboard they will attach the OBC to your reservation.

11. pequele

ahhh, so does that mean if we book next week (provided those are the opening dates) then come our cruise in May, still speak with the rebooking desk about that particular cruise and let them know we are already booked, we would get the OBC?

12. lbgraves

Just fill out a quote request and list your reservation number asking them to reshop it for you. If the price hasn't gone up more than 10% it would be better for them to redo the reservation as an OBB and have the OBC added as well. :)

13. eyenerd

eyenerd Mouseketeer

We booked our dummy date on the fantasy last week, and the CM said that Europe sold very well and will be back in 2014 (but she didn't say the ports).

She also said that one would be in Alaska and that there would be a "new" US port, but no one knew what that was.

This is all probably old news as i didn't have time to read through everything, but just thought i would share:)

We have our fingers crossed for a baltics!

14. pequele

gotcha! :thumbsup2 thanks!!
    btw what setting did you use on your camera for your profile pic? just no flash? I love those kind of shots!!

15. Silverfox97

Spot on. Europe and Sitka, Alaska ;)

There may even be more.....

16. lbgraves

Yes, that is all. It was a very low digital...1.3 maybe...back in 2003 on our first cruise. I had seen someone's photo like this on the DIS before our cruise and was determined to get a shot like it on our first cruise [and trip to WDW]. It was in one of the portholes outside of PC after our character breakfast.

[​IMG]

17. Silverfox97

If the Dream indeed switches up its departure dates from PC, the holidays would nicely fit on the 4-night rotation; Thanksgiving, Christmas & New Years Day would all be sea days. Does that mean they wouldn't switch it up? No. There's ways hope.

The Magic could also be doing these out of Miami instead of two 10-day southern Caribbean holiday cruises as well.

18. pequele

Impatiently WAITING!!!!! Argh!

19. sweetlovin'

sweetlovin' DIS Veteran

Isn't it funny how American Airlines does a free stop over in the last USA city and United it's anywhere they fly. However, United requires many more miles than American. I use American to go to New Zealand and Australia (Fiji), but United to go to Asia.

20. LeslieG

LeslieG DIS Veteran

It's been pretty quiet here on the boards if it's really true that they are releasing on Monday. Isn't there usually some advanced notice given to the TA's at least?

21. lbgraves

The news is being released on Monday. That gives the TAs time to pass the information on before booking Tuesday.