FDP and Passes

jtdl

DIS Veteran
Two of us are going to WDW for 6 nights. We were planning on using the "back to school" rate since FDP is only for stays of 5 nights. Now we are think of getting the FDP and adding one extra night at the end of the stay. The thing is I have already have one 5-day WDW hopper pass and will not be returning to WDW anytime in the foreseeable future so really need to use this pass. I realize that with the FDP we have to choose at least 2 two-day passes but will they let us put both of these passes in one guest's name? If so, then we would just have to purchase an additional 1-day pass for that purchase in order to have two 5-day passes and that would work.

Most likely the example for the Free Dining Special that is showing on the Disney website is for 5 nights, but it can be for any length stay between 3 nights and 14 nights so you can get a six night FD package as long as there is still availability at the resort for those nights. If your 5 day hoppers are part of the Back to School special they will be cancelled when you cancel that package.

I already have the 5 day hopper. It is not part of any package.

It can be done, but I'm I'm not sure you will be able to do it before your arrival to WDW. If it can't be done before your arrival that means you can't book FP+ for the entire stay since MDE will see that there is only a two day ticket attached to that person. It will only allow you to book 2 days of FP+.

The tickets do not expire as long as they are not used so while you aren't planning to go in the foreseeable future if you think you might be going eventuallyyou can keep one of the tickets and just upgrade one of the 2 package tickets after you arrive. Currently the 2 day ticket with ParkHopper is worth $257 and the third day will cost an additional $88. For an additional $64 you could add the 4th and 5th days to the ticket if you decide to save the second package ticket for the future.

If you really aren't planning to go ever again and want to have one person use both tickets that is possible, but again you won't be able to add the third day until after you arrive at DW.

On the Touring Plans and Strategies Board there is a dedicated FastPass+ subforum. I thought I read that you can make 4 days of FP reservations using the 2 tickets even if you decide to use just one and save the other, but I am not certain.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter