Favourite Rides/Attractions from a U.K point of view

Carousel of Progress. I love the fact that this was Walt's idea beginning to end (one of the four corporate collaborations for the 1964 New York World's Fair) and that he loved it:

"I love the nostalgic myself. I hope we never lose some of the things of the past."

Who could argue with that? I mourn the passing of some of the 'old' attractions (Horizons and World in Motion immediately spring to mind). I hope Disney never sees fit to remove this attraction. I feel a similar, but not quite so strong, emotion towards It's a Small World (another of the "1964 four").

For me got to be one of two, for varying reasosn.

Either, Summit Plummet or It's a Small World.

The former appeals to the adrenalin in me, and the second is quintessential Disney and a million miles away from normal life

I would have to pick between two. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, as my DD loves this ride so much (so do I), and Rock 'n' Roller Coaster. :thumbsup2

Pirates of the caribbean as its our favourite pirate:

buzz buzz you will be in walt disney walt at exactly the same time as me!! just had to mention that!. i would bring over either rock n roller coaster orpirates of the carribean

We love Big Thunder most but if I had to bring any attraction here it would have to be Its A Small World - it sums up Walt and his vision and dreams perfectly :love:

Does WDW count as an attraction? Cos' I'd bring over the whole damn thing!

But if it had to be one ride, I think... um... blimey, this is hard... Pirates. Just because it has all the great elements of a classic Disney ride. But Mission Space, Soarin', Star Tours, Space Mountain and Tower Of Terror would have to tag along too. And maybe Haunted Mansion, so it can laugh in the face of Alton Towers!

Attraction-wise - Illuminations. No other firework display can ever compare once you've experienced that - particularly the display several years ago that had massive laser beams firing across the WS - that was awesome. It's ruined Bonfire Night forever!

Benn

carolfoy said:
if I had to bring any attraction here it would have to be Its A Small World - it sums up Walt and his vision and dreams perfectly :love:

I agree completely it's a classic and once you've ridden it the tune stays in your head FOREVER :rotfl:

I think it would have to be Kali River Rapids but I would have to bring the Florida sunshine with me!!!

septimuswigley said:
Does WDW count as an attraction? Cos' I'd bring over the whole damn thing!

I 2nd this. The whole park, the atmosphere, the little things are what makes wdw the place that it is.

Saying that, Mission Space would be great anywhere

I think the rides and attractions are fine just where they are.

As for 'It's a small world' I think somewhere in the middle of the Antarctic would be the ideal location :rolleyes:

It's A Small World for the nostalgic one and RNR for the adrenalin rush :thumbsup2

Soarin' with a UK theme - would that work?

Over the hills of Scotland or the landscapes of Cornwall, maybe, but over the council estates of Wallsend and Gateshead? I think not!

Although there could be a hidden Mickey like the golf ball in the original ride, but this time on the side of a bottle of Stella thrown at the screen by some scruffy chav...

Benn

septimuswigley said:
Soarin' with a UK theme - would that work?

Over the hills of Scotland or the landscapes of Cornwall, maybe, but over the council estates of Wallsend and Gateshead? I think not!

Although there could be a hidden Mickey like the golf ball in the original ride, but this time on the side of a bottle of Stella thrown at the screen by some scruffy chav...

Benn

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter