Favourite Outlets in Los Angeles?

Meemoo

DIS Veteran
Just wondering which outlets is everyone's favourite to visit when in Los Angeles. I know there's Citadel, some Premium Outlets around at various locations and one outlet near by Disneyland. Where have you found you get the best bang for your $? Thought its best to ask the Aussies as you all know what we tend to target when we shop overseas! I'll be after sneakers, brand name clothing, jeans (Levis) and gifts. Is there one in particular that I could get my complete fix?

We've been to Outlets at Orange and Carlsbad Premium and found both to be hit and miss. We sometimes have better luck looking through clearance racks at regular stores/malls. Orange is good in that it doesn't take long to get to, so if you don't find anything you haven't lost much time.

From what I've read elsewhere the best ones in the area are Camarillo out towards Santa Barbara or Desert Hills out towards Palm Springs, neither of which are particularly convenient!

Been to all the outlets mentioned (except the one at Santa Barbara)...

As McNs said, they can be hit and miss. As a shopper, I can usually find stuff. :)

You can try the malls. South Coast Plaza is a great place to shop. Went shopping there and bought stuff from Macy's and got 90% of Calvin Klein stuff and heaps of other discounts. You can get a discount card at Macy's as well being a international shopper.

Depends on what you are looking for.

All in all - most of the outlets are good.

Would you agree that ordering from Amazon can get you just as great if not better prices? I did this last time and the prices I got on shoes I couldn't match at the outlets.

We went to the Citadel Outlets and they were awesome! Unfortunately we didn't allow for too much time though. We got 3 pairs of Levis for $100 and my Mum got some Converse that were very cheap to begin with and then the second pair was half price (so I think the second pair were about $10). Plus the ice cream was really good!

TJ Maxx had some good prices too - I bought my Converse from there. It's a bit like Dimmeys though, with a lot of junk to sort through to find the good stuff!

Camarillo, Ontario Mills and Carlsbad are the ones that I would recommend.

The outlets at Lake Elsinore were also pretty good for a while. I can't say that I've visited the Lake Elsinore outlet in the last 5 years, though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter