Favourite Disney songs

I like all sorts of Disney songs--too many to count probably. And mainly the "older" ones--the newer ones don't jump out at me like the others did.
But one rarely heard is probably my favorite--"Once Upon a Wintertime" sung by Frances Langford in the movie Melody Time. And I always get a kick out of Kirk Douglas singing "Whale of a Tale".
And of course Nelson Eddy (as Willie the Singing Whale) singing "Shortnin Bread" in Make Mine Music.

Add one more favorite almost never heard--"Whistle My Love" from the Disney Robin Hood with Richard Todd.
Pretty little tune.

Under The Sea - Little Mermaid
Part of Your World - Little Mermaid
Oodalally - Robin Hood
Bonjour- Beauty and the Beast
Reflection - Mulan
I'll Make a Man out of You - Mulan
Colors of the Wind - Pocahontas
Just Around the River Bend - Pocahontas
A Whole New World - Aladdin
One Jump Ahead - Aladdin
Friend Like Me - Aladdin
Once Upon a Dream - Sleeping Beauty
I Put a Spell On You - Hocus Pocus
and pretty much every song from Hercules and Newsies.

Les Poissons - Little Mermaid

Little Town (not sure if this is the name of it, but opening song) - Beauty and the Beast

Reflection - Mulan

Les Poissons- Little Mermaid

Little Town- Beauty and the Beast

Reflection- Mulan

When Somebody Loved Me- Toy Story 2

where do I start with this one...

part of your world - little mermaid
Kiss the girl - little mermaid
unfortunate souls - little mermaid
go the distance- hercules
wont say im in love - hercules
tale as old as time- Beauty and the beast
colours of the wind -pocahontas
all of the lion king songs
once upon a dream - sleeping beauty
a whole new world - aladdin
you've got a friend in me - toy story
whats this? - nightmare before xmas
this is halloween - nightmare before xmas
he's a tramp - lady and the tramp
yo ho a pirates life for me (this always gets stuck in my head)

^^ this is pretty much my music list when cleaning my home lol

If I had to just pick one...hmm, that's a tough call, since there's really no Disney song I dislike, at least from the older stuff (which I consider anything Lion King or earlier and is what I'm most familiar with).

So I'll narrow it down to five...

5. Heigh-Ho from Snow White. My grandmother got me the Heigh-Ho Disney Sing Along Tape the day it was released. I was only a year old at the time, and this was probably the first Disney song I ever heard. It was a special moment for Grandma, as well--she saw Snow White in 1937 in the theater and wanted to share a childhood experience in this tape. (She later bought me the full-length film when it was released on VHS; last year we surprised her with the Blu-Ray). Snow White will always be special to me not only because it's a great movie and Disney's first, but because of Grandma, who's in declining health now but still wants to get back to Disney World in time for the new Fantasyland expansion.

4. Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah from Song of the South (which Disney needs to re-release sometime). It's a shame James Baskett died young, because I would have loved to have heard more of his singing (and given what I've read about their working relationship, I'm sure Walt would have invited him back for more movies). There are a bunch of re-recordings of this song, but for me, it has to be James Baskett singing it. Even though I'm too young to have seen SOTS in the theater (it was last released the year I was born), I was fortunate enough to have seen the sequence from this movie over and over on the Disney Sing Along Songs tape.

3. Let's Go Fly a Kite from Mary Poppins. Julie Andrews and Dick Van **** are great singers, but David Tomlinson is awesome too, and this song features his voice nicely. (There's also, of course, a bit of Dick Van **** in here, which just adds to the greatness of this song). I also love the literal interpretation of what one of my teachers called "the meanest idiom in the book". (She did mention Mary Poppins when describing this one!)

2. You've Got a Friend In Me from Toy Story (1, 2, and 3). Toy Story is one of my all time favorite movies, Disney or non-Disney, and when I saw the opening credits to this one in 1995 the song immediately got stuck in my head. The Spanish version from TS3 was good too!

1. When You Wish Upon a Star from Pinocchio. I know this is a boring choice for number one, but it's always been a song that perks me up even on the worst of days. However, I have a requirement--it NEEDS to be Cliff Edwards singing it, not one of these later re-recordings (I know Disney alone has re-done this one a million times with other singers since 1940). I do like the Glenn Miller version, and there's a pretty nice recording by Andy Williams on one of his later Christmas albums, but Cliff Edwards is the best.

Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah
Be Our Guest
Under the Sea
A Whole New World
I Wanna Be Like You
Colors of the Wind
A Spoonful of Sugar
Cruella de Ville

• 'Under the Sea' - Little Mermaid
  • 'Friend Like Me' - Aladdin
  • 'Be Our Guest' - Beauty and the Beast
  • 'My Own Home' - Jungle Book
  • 'That's How You Know' - Enchanted
  • 'Happy Working Song' - Enchanted
  • 'That's What Friends Are For' - Jungle Book
  • 'Heffalumps and Woozles' - Winnie the Pooh
  • 'Topsy Turvy' - Hunchback of Notre Dame
  • 'Go the Distance' - Hercules
  • 'Friends On the Other Side' - Princess and the Frog
And that's not even half of the list! >w<

The whole score of "Mary Poppins"
"Colors of the Wind"
I'd be hard pressed to come up with Disney music I don't like. lol

You've got a friend in me
Strange Things
I will go sailing no more
The Disney Afternoon themes ::yes::

When you Wish Upon A Star- I have it on my iPod, and since I keep it on shuffle it pops up randomly every few days. Always makes me shiver.

Baby Mine- It makes me cry.

When She Loved Me- see above.

From attractions, I love Grim Grinning Ghosts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!